The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I believe ESO+ prices should go down during this crisis as millions of people are losing their jobs.

CantFixIr
CantFixIr
✭✭✭
I believe ESO+ prices should go down during this crisis as millions of people are losing their jobs.
Everything is said in this one sentence, really. I think it is clear.
Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos still has operating costs, salaries to pay, content to create, servers space to rent.

Also, you can play ESO for free if needed for a brief period of time. WoW and FF14 do not have those options that I am aware of. Pretty good deal.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos still has operating costs, salaries to pay, content to create, servers space to rent.

Also, you can play ESO for free if needed for a brief period of time. WoW and FF14 do not have those options that I am aware of. Pretty good deal.

What he said.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't think a price decrease of ESO+ wouldn't lead to ZOS possibly letting some people go as well?...
  • SergeantJinx
    SergeantJinx
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, at the end of the day its your choice to pay for it or not.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If their subscription revenue drops enough Zeni will let people go, resulting in more people being unemployed and fewer people supporting or maintaining the game. Let’s not hasten that by discounting what is their most consistent.

Besides, previous polls show that most people subscribe for multiple months, so the next several months have already been paid at full price for the majority
    Edited by Reverb on March 28, 2020 12:32AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think a price decrease of ESO+ wouldn't lead to ZOS possibly letting some people go as well?...

Also replying to other comments above:

No. It would mean more people can continue / take on ESO+.

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CantFixIr wrote: »
    Everything is said in this one sentence, really. I think it is clear.

If one cannot afford such a luxury as video gaming fees, and yes, it is a luxury commodity, maybe spending one's money on something that really matters in real life could actually be a higher priority worth a careful consideration?
    Edited by Watchdog on March 28, 2020 2:16PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    If their subscription revenue drops enough Zeni will let people go, resulting in more people being unemployed and fewer people supporting or maintaining the game. Let’s not hasten that by discounting what is their most consistent.

Besides, previous polls show that most people subscribe for multiple months, so the next several months have already been paid at full price for the majority

Link to the polls, please. i'm guessing maybe 6 people participated and that results in you creating fake news?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg, I feel like anyone touting the "fake news" catchphrase should go pack a church on Easter Sunday 💖
    Edited by mateosalvaje on March 28, 2020 5:18PM
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you lose your job, maybe not spending what money you have on a luxury feature of a game is a better idea
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »
    If you lose your job, maybe not spending what money you have on a luxury feature of a game is a better idea

By that logic your suggesting everyone laid off give zos 0 money. Instead of slightly less money
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the current situation have put someone in serious financial struggle, they should probably not be spending money on a completely non-essential thing like ESO+ regardless of its cost.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all. Utilities are not lowering their prices. The bank/landlord is not lowering the rent or mortgage. Telecoms are not lowering their rates for internet access. Zos still has people to pay.

Zos' costs were not lowered last week just because some of us are not getting paid. They have a good business model for times like these. We can cancel our ESO+ and still be able to play the game. Try canceling your sub with WoW of FF and ask them if you can keep playing part of the game. I am pretty sure they will get a laugh at the thought.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not at all. Utilities are not lowering their prices. The bank/landlord is not lowering the rent or mortgage. Telecoms are not lowering their rates for internet access.

Not only that but some businesses are raising prices to take advantage of the crisis. The grocery stores and pet stores have been out of a lot of pet foods and litter so I went to Amazon. Some of the sellers on Amazon are charging over $40 for a jug of litter. So, don't expect to see ZOS drop prices.

Edited by Hippie4927 on March 28, 2020 6:40PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skorro wrote: »

By that logic your suggesting everyone laid off give zos 0 money. Instead of slightly less money

Yep, just speaking from experience, you can play the game without the sub for a little bit. It doesn't seem like much at the time, but squirrel away those few extra $s where you can spare then in tough times - it could be the difference between comfort/normality and a tough go at it when things start going downhill
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they should lower price! I need to make up for the hit to my 401k!!!
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    If the current situation have put someone in serious financial struggle, they should probably not be spending money on a completely non-essential thing like ESO+ regardless of its cost.

That's just judgmental.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just judgmental.

Not judgmental at all. When our financial situation changes like is has for many of us recently it is very smart to evaluate one's spending and budget accordingly. ESO+ is not a necessity by any reasonable standard.
    Edited by idk on March 29, 2020 2:52AM
  • DamagedInc666
    DamagedInc666
    ✭✭

That's just judgmental.

It's not in the slightest judgemental, you tailor your situation to your finances, I'm potentially out of work so in my situation if eso plus was up for renewal I'd just cancel it and play for free until I could justify the cost again as it isn't essential in the grand scheme of life.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prehaps a free eso plus weekend would be nice for those that dont have it furing this crisis.
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    “I, myself, don’t need the price reduction. It’s for the poor people in quarantine. ZoS it would be really compassionate. Again, it would really help them, not myself.”

You’d notice it’s never people who have financial issues asking for reductions, but people who are asking ‘for them’.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coppes wrote: »
    “I, myself, don’t need the price reduction. It’s for the poor people in quarantine. ZoS it would be really compassionate. Again, it would really help them, not myself.”

You’d notice it’s never people who have financial issues asking for reductions, but people who are asking ‘for them’.

I want it for me because I'm on the fence for extending. Purely greedy reasons.
  • Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    I just want them to give a warning before they raise prices 30% like they did Jan of this year. $19.99 a month for ESO plus is a stretch and I for one will not be renewing.

More out of a sense of disdain they seem to have for paying subscribers then any dislike of the game.

• Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a Crown sale.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Well, most replies are assuming that it is selfish and greedy to suggest a lower price for ESO+ during a significant crisis.
    It's your perspective. A perspective I find deplorable.
    As I said, it would be a charitable gesture and it would actually get more people to join or stay on ESO+.

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    I just want a Crown sale.

Wish granted.

You could have asked for pretty much anything you know? It was your one wish. And you've spent it on a Crown sale?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ESO+ prices should go up by 50% because they have a captive audience and it’s a business, not a public service. Either that or just keep prices the same and maybe stop trying to use the pandemic to get something for nothing.
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    Again, more pathetic, judgmental attacks. What a bunch of sad trolls you are.
    Edited by CantFixIr on April 10, 2020 9:01AM
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given the non-constructive and baiting nature of this thread, we've decided to close it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.