The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(Almost) 7 weeks and counting

redgreensunset
redgreensunset
✭✭✭✭✭
Tomorrow it will be seven weeks since the launch of U25 and introduction of severe lag and desync issues. While loading times did ineed go down, for me at least, the inability to fight effectively heavily impacts the game even in fairly simple things such as overland play, harvesting modes and looting corpses.
In this period we yet again had a meltdown of PC/EU, because of course, so the benefits of the so called performance update is to me a net negative.

What is worse, imo, is that it is how long since we got any sort of update on this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I know this forum is not yhe friendliest place and especially if the update it "we're still working on it" or "it demands major changes so we won't roll it out until U26" it would likely be met with rabid attacks, but right now I'd any kind of word from the devs, including "eff if we know" because it feels like the whole issue is being swept under the rug.

And to anyone commenting, keep your tone sober or start your own thread. Lets not have this thread closed as well shall we?
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, I can't wait to see how this one goes.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already said that in other thread much earlier. There will be no more performance hot fixes. It's standard ZOS schedule. Release update, make 3 fixes and then all you will get is maintenance or minor quests fixes and typos, probably because staff is now occupied with preparing new content. So once again. This won't get any better till next major update, and even then I have little to no hope.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is barely playable for various reasons on PS4 since November. That's half a year by now. I wish you guys luck but it looks like you need quite some patience. PS4 players still wait for any kind of official encouragement. Yet we don't get any. Full story here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/507081/ps4-bluescreen-load-screen-and-insane-lag-skill-delay/
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been no comments about because there’s no progress on fixing this. The Zeni dev team is fully focused on Greymoor readiness (Except the combat team which is busy bringing skooma-haze ideas to life). They are working through PTS bug reports, all live tickets are triaged by the tier 1 support analysts then back-burnered.

Add to that COVID-19, they are working from home, fighting their partners and family members for workspace, dealing with kids who are home and underfoot all the time. Maybe even dealing with illness of loved ones. Productivity of most remote teams is understandably lower than Usual, which further narrows the focus on new content for Zeni.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    There have been no comments about because there’s no progress on fixing this. The Zeni dev team is fully focused on Greymoor readiness (Except the combat team which is busy bringing skooma-haze ideas to life). They are working through PTS bug reports, all live tickets are triaged by the tier 1 support analysts then back-burnered.

Add to that COVID-19, they are working from home, fighting their partners and family members for workspace, dealing with kids who are home and underfoot all the time. Maybe even dealing with illness of loved ones. Productivity of most remote teams is understandably lower than Usual, which further narrows the focus on new content for Zeni.

People seriously need to consider the COVID-19 situation. Whatever your thoughts on the virus, (Yes, it is dangerous. Not necessarily going to kill us all but it will change the world, like it or not.)

The fact is ZOS genuinely do not have normal working conditions right now. They have outright told us this. Multiple times. Expectations need to be tempered, because nothing is "normal" right now, and honestly, that "normality" may never return, depending on how fate plays out.

And as you say, ZOS themselves do have families, and almost certainly have sick loved ones, if not a few staff themselves sick.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is exceptional times and there certainly is a good chunk of understanding for having a hard time to work on a game. Yet, there are two points to consider. First there have been months without any improvement before the virus was even a thing on PS4. So with or without virus around, there's a long breath needed when it comes to said improvements.

And secondly, it looks like the work on the next chapter is still going on merely on schedule. So if things are more complicated to fix atm, would it be wise to add new content that comes with the possibility to break even more things now?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apri wrote: »

And secondly, it looks like the work on the next chapter is still going on merely on schedule. So if things are more complicated to fix atm, would it be wise to add new content that comes with the possibility to break even more things now?

They took pre-orders for Greymoor. Lots and lots of them, and gave a committed launch date. Delaying the release to focus on performance is akin to breaking a contract with those players. There would rightfully be a huge outcry and they would lose a lot of money. And since questing and adventuring is mostly unaffected by the performance issues and desyncs, most Greymoor players won’t be affected. Moving forward with the chapter is the right business decision.

I will say that Zeni was very decent and responsive when I opened a ticket to get my Greymoor pre-order cancelled and refunded. My gameplay is deeply impacted by these issues to the extent that I no longer want to support the development of new content. If enough players feel the same way it may compel a culture shift at Zeni.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They took pre-orders for Greymoor. Lots and lots of them, and gave a committed launch date. Delaying the release to focus on performance is akin to breaking a contract with those players. There would rightfully be a huge outcry and they would lose a lot of money. And since questing and adventuring is mostly unaffected by the performance issues and desyncs, most Greymoor players won’t be affected. Moving forward with the chapter is the right business decision.

I will say that Zeni was very decent and responsive when I opened a ticket to get my Greymoor pre-order cancelled and refunded. My gameplay is deeply impacted by these issues to the extent that I no longer want to support the development of new content. If enough players feel the same way it may compel a culture shift at Zeni.

You have a good grasp on things. Ultimately, the only real power we have as consumers is to vote with our wallets.

Of course, we can only vote for ourselves. I myself have no intention of seeking a refund as the game is still providing satisfaction in my view. This is, of course, subjective.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭

They took pre-orders for Greymoor. Lots and lots of them, and gave a committed launch date. Delaying the release to focus on performance is akin to breaking a contract with those players.
    You rightfully brought up the exceptional times we are in. I have trust in the understanding of the ESO community for a delay for the right reasons. But I also have trust in the ESO community for the lack of understanding in necessary bugfixes for the wrong reasons.

A non-working game is bad for business, as well. I just hope the next chapter will not make things any worse - in particular with the current situation we are facing in mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I already said that in other thread much earlier. There will be no more performance hot fixes. It's standard ZOS schedule. Release update, make 3 fixes and then all you will get is maintenance or minor quests fixes and typos, probably because staff is now occupied with preparing new content. So once again. This won't get any better till next major update, and even then I have little to no hope.

The sad part is, that this is absolutely the truth. :D 3 small patches after each major updates and then we just get normal maintenance or in the case of next week: No maintenance.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not viewed it from this standpoint... So far I thought, everyone has more time for everything thanks to COVID-19. But I suppose you are right, we should have mercy.

Or as Molag Kena would say:" Yes, yes I suppose that's true. A few more moments then."
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is exceptional times and there certainly is a good chunk of understanding for having a hard time to work on a game. Yet, there are two points to consider. First there have been months without any improvement before the virus was even a thing on PS4. So with or without virus around, there's a long breath needed when it comes to said improvements.

Stop buying consoles that arent meant to keep up with MMOs like this. They dont have longevity and will give you an exceptionally poorer experience
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭
    Yes tragi, but since 2015 we have problem specially in Cyrodiil and crowded cities. Now for 3 months trials have huge problem with desync, weaving, fps drops, lag...

NA Server is ok ? :)
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be investigating problems until the servers are finally shut down for good. It is normal here.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop buying consoles that arent meant to keep up with MMOs like this. They dont have longevity and will give you an exceptionally poorer experience
    Yet the game worked fine (or let's say better) before said update. Yet the same problems seem to strike down on PC as we see in this very thread. It's not a matter of platform. It's a matter of something else and affecting every and each platform.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know I would actually be happy if the game returned to at least what it was before update25 on greymoor launch...At the moment it just feels like it's going to stay that way. I play on and off since before one tamriel and never once have I complained about performance issues untill this update.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... And since questing and adventuring is mostly unaffected by the performance issues and desyncs, most Greymoor players won’t be affected...

This is flat out not true. The impact might be less because for most experienced players dying in overland often takes deliberate effort but for newer players, espcially those unaccustomed to mmos the issue is noticable and frustrating. If Greymoor goes live without this getting fixed then a lot of new coming players will turn around and leave again very shortly.

Further this post wasn't so much a request for a speedy fix, I'm aware of the issues in the world and the challenges they create world-wise and this is likely a complicated issue to fix, so mucha s for any kind of information or update on the situation. Yes having to wait until Greymoor for a fix would be frustarting, but not knowing anything id more frustrating. To me anyway, others may feel different.
    Edited by redgreensunset on April 6, 2020 9:29AM