The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Updated High Elf Motif?

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
I was told today that there would be a new high elf motif put into the game in the next update that is essentially a rework of the original motif. Is this true? I have an image but I don't know if it's genuine or not:OmXqnd3.jpg
Edited by Anumaril on April 5, 2020 2:31PM
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    It looks painted, a bit cartoony. At first i thought it looked better than vanilla indeed, but looking closely it doesn't look like cloth, leather, metal etc :\

Cloth doesn't look too bad. Maybe it's hard to see the details in this picture. It's mostly that heavy style that looks a bit too much like paint :p A welcome initiative though
    Edited by MattVH on April 3, 2020 6:28PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be the Ancestral Altmer Motif from the Antiquity system?

If they all look like polished base game styles I'll be disappointed ... it looks so cartoony, like the beta styles ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just haven't found any reference to this motif anywhere online, so I'm having a hard time telling if it's a well done fake, or if it's something we are actually going to see in-game.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the next rank of the altmer motif, no fake or anything.
    Those different ranks exist for all race motifs, that's why there are multiple parts of those in the outfit section
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that looks better than the old style, would be surprised if they just redid it though instead of adding it to the game with a new style name for collection sake. Be better for them offering wise and anyone that liked any of the old pieces would be happy to still have them there.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should just replace the old armor with this
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys don't even need the base game Racial anymore, you have the Dominion style, the Prosecution style etc.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More imperial styles please!
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new style that drops from the anniversary event is yet another elf motif and looks alot like an upgraded version of the base one so thats probly it
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's no photo, can you repost it?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look closely in the trailer for Greymoor, the guards seem to be wearing a more polished version of the default Nord style, which is probably the Ancestral Nord style.
    We might just be getting reworked for all the base styles released as treasure in the archeology system, which is honestly pretty great!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I was told today that there would be a new high elf motif put into the game in the next update that is essentially a rework of the original motif. Is this true? I have an image but I don't know if it's genuine or not:High_elven.md.jpg

Not seeing an image there. Is there a website with a preview of this?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw some people were having trouble seeing the image, so I've got a new image type here. Hopefully this one will be visible for those people:
    OmXqnd3.jpg
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an improvement over the current altmer motif, if abit cartoony.

The current racial styles barely even fit the characters they are on, the head styles are especially bad looking.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    I saw some people were having trouble seeing the image, so I've got a new image type here. Hopefully this one will be visible for those people:
    OmXqnd3.jpg

Ooo i like these 😊😍😍😍
    Edited by Recent on April 4, 2020 8:42AM
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh all original race motifs need a rework. They look horrible compared to the ones zos introduced the past 3 years.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fancy. i like it :)
    PC EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those are of a quality than much the more recent styles... It looks like the same artist is responsible.

That usually means they are indeed made by the same person, if all my time looking at art subreddits is anything to go by.

You know... I would quite like to see the old styles removed entirely and replaced by a single high quality replacement such as this, for each race. No appearance tiers either. I'm not a fan of those.

But then, the original armours are all horrifically dated.

Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on April 4, 2020 10:31AM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where did you find those images?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Source for the picture and for Nord motif
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5Q0LLiy6Y
    Time stamp: 14:53
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are of a quality than much the more recent styles... It looks like the same artist is responsible.

That usually means they are indeed made by the same person, if all my time looking at art subreddits is anything to go by.

You know... I would quite like to see the old styles removed entirely and replaced by a single high quality replacement such as this, for each race. No appearance tiers either. I'm not a fan of those.

But then, the original armours are all horrifically dated.

Agreed, they look like they're by the same artist, and I'm quite fond of their work they've been doing on the recent styles. I like how clean and defined their details are, and how armor has had more interesting variations as of late. It would be nice to see this particular artist rework many of the older styles to bring them up to the current standards we have, especially the old racial styles.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • MattVH
    MattVH
    ✭✭✭
    New character background?! :O

(when you've played the game for so long, you get excited by any small changes :p)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe I thought they might actually add 10 new styles. What a gullible fool I am.

Instead they just scaled up the textures and ran them through a filter that made everything look like plastic.

I just wonder what they are going to do to Orc and Redguard, because those had that treatment already done years ago.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Can't believe I thought they might actually add 10 new styles. What a gullible fool I am.

Instead they just scaled up the textures and ran them through a filter that made everything look like plastic.

I just wonder what they are going to do to Orc and Redguard, because those had that treatment already done years ago.

Source for that being all ZOS will be doing for styles?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source for that being all ZOS will be doing for styles?
    Where did I say this will be "all they are doing for styles"? We already know about 2 new styles coming with Greymoor, the vampire and ... that ... other one.

I'm talking about the styles tied to the Antiquity system, which we learned with the info dump earlier this week would be called "Ancestral X" styles. I'd hoped they'd indeed be new racial styles, but alas, they aren't.

The rewards from the Antiquity system seem more and more like a disappointment. First the mount was just a reskin, and now the motifs, too.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone have pics of all the ancestral styles?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They might add the pre-change Orc and Redguard versions? :D Like an 'Ancestral' throwback to a once-used but since then replaced impractical earlier style. I wouldn't mind that since the old models were fine objectively speaking, just not for what they were - armor for 2 of the most militaristic martial cultures - so if the style makes an appearance in some other context, I'd be fine with seeing those armours again!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    They might add the pre-change Orc and Redguard versions? :D Like an 'Ancestral' throwback to a once-used but since then replaced impractical earlier style. I wouldn't mind that since the old models were fine objectively speaking, just not for what they were - armor for 2 of the most militaristic martial cultures - so if the style makes an appearance in some other context, I'd be fine with seeing those armours again!

I'd love to see an updated version of the Light redguard. It looked great on males and females.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect them to add more styles over time, just how we get new houses every now and then.
    It's fine if we only get 3 updated versions of the base game styles at first, but eventually we should have all of the racial styles updated with Antiquities and get things like the original Ashlander style, Lich Style, Reach Winter, Hircine's and Worm cult style too. In the cases where there are no equivalent items of that style for the other armor weights, they could simply be outfit styles instead of motifs.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    Tbh all original race motifs need a rework. They look horrible compared to the ones zos introduced the past 3 years.
    Truth, that.

I would hope they might do that, rework them all... tho I also fear they might instead add any rewqorked motivs as new motiv for people to chase, since that might bring them extra profit from it.
    Either way, I'd still want to see it happen, so we get ever more options for our outfitting!