The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Greymoor prologue and Harrowstorm: do I have to play Harrowstorm first?

HelathAndrethi
HelathAndrethi
✭✭✭
Just a question for people who have played both Harrowstorm dungeons and the new prologue quest for Greymoor chapter, and know the connection between the quests:

Story-wise, is it necessary to do Harrowstorm quests first before doing Greymoor prologue?

This was the case last year for Wrathstone and Elsweyr prologue, the prologue assumes the Wrathstone events have already happened. However the Elsweyr chapter, Scalebreaker DLC and Dragonhold DLC are parallel and there's no need to do one after another.

Edit: I'm asking because I want to play the prologue but I don't have access to Harrowstorm DLC at the moment.
Edited by HelathAndrethi on April 4, 2020 2:33PM
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Harrowstorm
    2. Greymoore Prologue
    3. Greymoore

That's how it goes, lore wise.
    Edited by 1mirg on April 4, 2020 11:06AM
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    1. Harrowstorm
    2. Greymoore Prologue
    3. Greymoore

That's how it goes, lore wise.

Is it because Harrowstorm is strictly happening before Greymoor prologue? That is, if the prologue assumes the Harrowstorm stories have already happened.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the story from Harrowstorm, without doing the content, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yUlesHtWc

I have not watched this, but it looks like it will show you the story from Unhallowed Grave.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harrowstorm is first because the main NPC you interact with in the prologue references Harrowstorm.

That being said, I would not worry about it if you don't want to do the dungeon(s). It's not critical to understand the prologue.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be missing some dialogue lines when you have not done Harrowstorm and the prologue, as it is always the case in ESO. And I love that. :)

I still have no clue how Unhallowed Grave has anything to do with the story. But Icereach is important and you should at least play this. Even in the prologue, you will have additional dialogue when you have done it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    You will be missing some dialogue lines when you have not done Harrowstorm and the prologue, as it is always the case in ESO. And I love that. :)

I still have no clue how Unhallowed Grave has anything to do with the story. But Icereach is important and you should at least play this. Even in the prologue, you will have additional dialogue when you have done it.

Thank you! Enough reason that I MUST play Harrowstorm before the prologue. Gotta wait until the next ESO plus trial then...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! Enough reason that I MUST play Harrowstorm before the prologue. Gotta wait until the next ESO plus trial then...

If you value those little immersion dialogues, then yes. :)
    I always find it nice to meet characters again that I met in quests before or talk with them about previous events.

It's usually nothing more than 1 or 2 lines. But that is enough to make the world seem coherent and believable. I value it greatly.
    Edited by Dracane on April 5, 2020 6:47AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unhallowed Grave introduces you to at least one character who will probably appear throughout Greymoor, and the source of the power behind Harrowstorms. Plus... grappling hooks.

Icereach introduces you to one of the groups involved in spreading Harrowstorms

In both cases the actual story elements are extremely minimal. The dungeons themselves are great though.