The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Greymoor - New trial sets heavy attack based, so the new changes are going ahead regardless?

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I mean, awesome. On DD side, as a magblade whose only group utility is (or soon used to be) Master Architect, I'm so-o looking forward to have this last bit taken away. Thank you, ZOS. Thank you.

And yes, pretty much was obvious that players' opinion does not matter. Q.E.D.

You are still going to potentially need MA in a group to rotate in when off balance and the set is on cooldown.

Only if the new set will be like Nahviintaas, with tiny uptime. But if it has separate cooldowns on multiple targets, it won't be an issue to keep nearly 100% uptime on it, so MA/WM, and even Lokke will just grow obsolete.

But you would still only want 1 or two players running this. Having more of your DPS running it is just a waste of DPS since the buff doesn't stack.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they undid all the bs light & heavy attack changes and made the new heavy trial set give major slayer on heavy attacks.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, awesome. On DD side, as a magblade whose only group utility is (or soon used to be) Master Architect, I'm so-o looking forward to have this last bit taken away. Thank you, ZOS. Thank you.

And yes, pretty much was obvious that players' opinion does not matter. Q.E.D.

You are still going to potentially need MA in a group to rotate in when off balance and the set is on cooldown.

Only if the new set will be like Nahviintaas, with tiny uptime. But if it has separate cooldowns on multiple targets, it won't be an issue to keep nearly 100% uptime on it, so MA/WM, and even Lokke will just grow obsolete.

But you would still only want 1 or two players running this. Having more of your DPS running it is just a waste of DPS since the buff doesn't stack.

I don't see how it doesn't make MA/WM/Lokkke obsolete. Of course this set won't be ran on DDs, it'll be ran by healers. And if wording is correct and cooldown is per-target, on any fight with more than one target healers will probably be providing high uptime on Slayer for the group. And high uptime isn't even needed, it's enough to have 30-40% for DDs to start swapping Lokke and Architect out for other front bar sets.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John's theory is correct. Of course we'd want to test it to really check the numbers/uptimes.

But the math isn't about if wearing Lokke with the new set giving you 60% uptime instead of 40% being higher. We know 60 is more than 40 and more uptime is good of course. BUT it's about is a different 5 pc going to give you more vs. that extra % of slayer uptime.

I'm not even saying the math is correct and it will or won't, but he's right to be concerned about the issue.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • GrumpyKlam
    GrumpyKlam
    ✭✭✭
    And yet again major slayer sets like master architect and war machine made useless with 12 man slayer set, can we sometimes get anything unique or interesting and not butcher older ones yet again?

^ this. Depending on buff duration, this will either be a useless set, or completely replace Master Architect and Lokkestiiz (I can’t even say War Machine because that set has been dead since Elsweyr). How about a different buff?

Also let’s not force the heavy attacking off-balance enemies. Yes we all know this has been a mechanic for years, no we still don’t want to stop our DPS rotations and heavy attack 2-3 times every 22s.

It’s also problematic that the trial set for mag DPS is a buff set that can only be used by one player. It will likely end up a healer meta set, and mag DPS won’t get a new trial set (flashbacks to IA, and Scalebreaker dungeon sets).

yb9r7i57ef95.png

/Sarcasm
    PC (NA) - Wretched Abyss
    All dungeons achievements done
    Immortal Redeemer (4x)
    Tick-Tock Tormentor (3x)
    Gryphon Heart (2x)
    Godslayer (2x)
    Dawnbringer (2x)
    Unchained (4x)
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My 3+ years of investment and enthusiasm:

flush.gif
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone else, in another thread, they have already coded it. It is going in, no feedback required. At best all you hope to do it get more things nerfed due to the change, a la Molag Kena set.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Someone else, in another thread, they have already coded it. It is going in, no feedback required. At best all you hope to do it get more things nerfed due to the change, a la Molag Kena set.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

"Feedback" threads are immensely dangerous because their SOLE utility is to get other, additional things nerfed! Why have people not learned this?!

People obliviously calling for sustain nerfs are going to get their wish and we're going to end up with nerfed Light Attacks, obviated older trial sets, and lowered sustain: a true wombo combo of pain and futility.
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    Dogzey wrote: »
    As the title says. Will any player feedback matter if they have already planned the next updates content around it.

What, did u believe feedback matter?? Lol, r u new to eso? The feedback thread was part of jester festival for sure

A man can dream. Normally I wouldn’t think they’d listen but this is completely changing the combat system 6 years in .. I would have hoped feedback would matter. But yeah seems like the calandras in zos hq shows April 1st in March.
    PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
    PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
    PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
    PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
    PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
    PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
    PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
    PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    To be fair what did you expect, ZOS ignores the majority of feedback that is given to them. Making threads to provide feedback is just to give players a feeling that their opinions matter, when in reality ZOS doesn't really care.

Community scepticism venerated (again). Or maybe these new sets are intended to provide a BIS alternative to lower apm players?

As if the low apm players are gonna get these sets anyway, come on man.

At least the not the perfected version, that's for sure.
    Edited by JinMori on March 31, 2020 1:13AM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair what did you expect, ZOS ignores the majority of feedback that is given to them. Making threads to provide feedback is just to give players a feeling that their opinions matter, when in reality ZOS doesn't really care.

Community scepticism venerated (again). Or maybe these new sets are intended to provide a BIS alternative to lower apm players?

APM argument is a terrible one and is a scapegoat. They have literally ignored the actual issue which they said on stream last year would be addressed this year sometime which is CP.

I think you are still wrong.

The problem is not cp, not gear, not anything aside from the devs fault.

Let me explain a bit, how does power creep happen? It happens when the devs design something but they do not account for the long term, basically the devs made cp, new gear etc, but did not make a new mode to account for all of this power progression, so what do they have to do? They either create a new system, or they just nerf, which is what they are doing and it;s about the laziest thing they could do.

The problem in the end, it's either corporate commands, or the devs being lazy with their solutions, either way, this is the result.

If we had a mythic + like system for eso, power creep in pve would instantly disappear. Why do they not do it? Because nerfing takes less time, and it's also about the most *** solution to the problem.

With a new system, all they would have to do is either disable cp for pvp permanently, which i do not support, or carefully balance red and blue cp, so each and every one of them is countered to perfection, or as close as possible.

And maybe if they actually did this we could actually progress again, instead of regress.

Did you know that once cp used to increase your stats by up to almost 60 % at cp 3600? That is an enormous nerf, that most probably did not notice, because we never reached those levels, but a massive nerf nonetheless.

My worry is that they will just nerf cp and call it a day... Like they always do. Always the least effort solution.
    Edited by JinMori on March 31, 2020 1:21AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Better yet, it's already a part of the code for the chapter content the testers got to try.. Skip to 3:00 in the video below. You will see Xynode heavy attacks the mob with 10.1k stamina and receives no stamina in return. You can also catch that his light attacks recover stamina and do like 600 damage, where as the heavy attack was 8k.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RiC-fdgDLZQ

Are we suppose to expect them to redo all the changes to light/heavy attacks, empower, set bonuses for base game AND chapter sets.

I'm not optimistic about this anymore, however for anyone who remembers, the Cloudrest sets behaved very differently the first week of pts before we got them in the current state. Maybe there is a little hope..
    Edited by MashmalloMan on March 31, 2020 2:44AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

APM argument is a terrible one and is a scapegoat. They have literally ignored the actual issue which they said on stream last year would be addressed this year sometime which is CP.

Let me explain a bit, how does power creep happen? It happens when the devs design something but they do not account for the long term, basically the devs made cp, new gear etc, but did not make a new mode to account for all of this power progression, so what do they have to do? They either create a new system, or they just nerf, which is what they are doing and it;s about the laziest thing they could do.

The problem in the end, it's either corporate commands, or the devs being lazy with their solutions, either way, this is the result.

If we had a mythic + like system for eso, power creep in pve would instantly disappear. Why do they not do it? Because nerfing takes less time, and it's also about the most *** solution to the problem.

With a new system, all they would have to do is either disable cp for pvp permanently, which i do not support, or carefully balance red and blue cp, so each and every one of them is countered to perfection, or as close as possible.

And maybe if they actually did this we could actually progress again, instead of regress.

Did you know that once cp used to increase your stats by up to almost 60 % at cp 3600? That is an enormous nerf, that most probably did not notice, because we never reached those levels, but a massive nerf nonetheless.

My worry is that they will just nerf cp and call it a day... Like they always do. Always the least effort solution.

I agree with the second line, however, CP is still the root cause of power creep. Hodor done a vMOL hm with no CP with all good viable gear what are used still, not possible. At 300cp if my memory serves correctly they either couldn't do it or could barely do it. CP not only provides damage and stats up to 300cp but also it provides ridiculous amounts of mitigation. That was the issue they were experiencing they couldnt stay alive the DPS wasn't the issue, how to you change this? Use more of your stats that you use for DPS and put into mitgating damage whether that be more health, defensive monster sets etc. End result is lower DPS to compensate for having to increase mitigation.

That is what should be done, increasing CP every patch was a very stupid road map and nerfing it honestly isn't lazy its smart. Damage sets that "power creep" other sets still wont mean half as much if you can't survive.

TL;DR - CP isn't just for damage it provides a lot mitigation meaning you can build full damage. Nerf CP people need defensive sets and therefore lower DPS.

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the second line, however, CP is still the root cause of power creep. Hodor done a vMOL hm with no CP with all good viable gear what are used still, not possible. At 300cp if my memory serves correctly they either couldn't do it or could barely do it. CP not only provides damage and stats up to 300cp but also it provides ridiculous amounts of mitigation. That was the issue they were experiencing they couldnt stay alive the DPS wasn't the issue, how to you change this? Use more of your stats that you use for DPS and put into mitgating damage whether that be more health, defensive monster sets etc. End result is lower DPS to compensate for having to increase mitigation.

That is what should be done, increasing CP every patch was a very stupid road map and nerfing it honestly isn't lazy its smart. Damage sets that "power creep" other sets still wont mean half as much if you can't survive.

TL;DR - CP isn't just for damage it provides a lot mitigation meaning you can build full damage. Nerf CP people need defensive sets and therefore lower DPS.

That's not exactly what happened in Hodor's vMoL CP experiment.

They gave up on no CP, but I'd wager they could've done it eventually if they had the time.

They cleared Rakkhat HM with 300 CP with a pad 5 burn.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the mentality of, it's cp, it gear or whatever, it's not the devs is like blaming the symptoms instead of the illness.

That's about all i have to say, about this.

I looked a bit further into this, the small picture is, cp, you blame what you see, the big picture is, the devs, you blame what is actually to blame.

Afterall, who introduced cp without considering the long term effects?

The cp system, and overall progression systems are nice to have as long as they are not too grindy, but you have to take it into consideration.

What did blizzard do when they introduced artifacts? Which is arguably stronger than cp, from a damage prospective, well, not arguably, it was stronger, but you know what they did? They made mythic + and balanced raids around it. That's about it. Wow has 4 difficulties, eso has only 2.

The wow devs were far smarter with how they handled artifacts.

And nerfing cp will be further evidence that zos always goes with the least effort solution.
    Edited by JinMori on March 31, 2020 5:09PM
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the second line, however, CP is still the root cause of power creep. Hodor done a vMOL hm with no CP with all good viable gear what are used still, not possible. At 300cp if my memory serves correctly they either couldn't do it or could barely do it.

No, Hodor gave up on trying it with zero CP, but likely could have cleared it given enough time.

They tried it with 300 CP and they cleared it with a pad 5 burn. This is something that many HM progression groups (many with max CP teams!) struggle to accomplish.

CP is an issue, but it is not as overblown as you make it.

PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They coded cast times on shields too, but that never went through. Im hoping they see the light, and the tsunami of negative responses.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

They coded cast times on shields too, but that never went through. Im hoping they see the light, and the tsunami of negative responses.

They didn't balance entire sets around that though. It was just a quick change to band aid an issue.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

"Feedback" threads are immensely dangerous because their SOLE utility is to get other, additional things nerfed! Why have people not learned this?!

People obliviously calling for sustain nerfs are going to get their wish and we're going to end up with nerfed Light Attacks, obviated older trial sets, and lowered sustain: a true wombo combo of pain and futility.

Light attack nerfs or general sustain nerfs are highly likely. Heavy attacks are going to be a sore spot too. The right build, combined with how buggy break free is now, will deliver crushing hits in pvp, for free.

It is an MMO. MMOs are defined by progression. f you don't have progression and the inevitable power creep that comes with it, you don't keep players. Not saying whether it is good or bad; it is just the way it is.

Once you have progression over a few years, the game then has to balance that with has progression become so daunting that it drives away new customers. ZOS actually did a decent job allowing you to do CP once per account, and share skill lines and skyshards across characters, for a fee (that gripes me personally after doing undaunted, skyshards, on multiple toons).
    Edited by katorga on March 31, 2020 7:56PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few posts that were baiting and bashing, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

They didn't balance entire sets around that though. It was just a quick change to band aid an issue.

The new trial set would work perfectly fine in the current state of the game too. There was no balancing involved.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk anymore. From atrocious game performance... to horrible balance changes... to greymoor’s new sets being based on those horrible changes... to failing to add a new class or combat system this chapter.

On the forums there is significantly increased moderation and disappearing of threads in response to the huge wave of players telling them to fix the game. It did not used to be this way. ZOS response is not to fix the game, but instead to hope we quiet down.

I really hope ESO improves. I like this game a lot and have only ever wanted it to continue to provide the same experience I had back three years ago in Homestead.

As it stands I am not sure I will be purchasing Greymoor, and I will never spend money (except for Chapters) on this game ever again. I was close to subbing for the anniversary but that’s out of the question now.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole off-cycle PTS (as well every PTS cycle)is a farce, as I have said repeatedly in previous posts.

PTS is only for bug testing. Player feedback about actual content is just white noise to them.

The Vision™ will proceed as planned.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

The new trial set would work perfectly fine in the current state of the game too. There was no balancing involved.

Yes, but no one wants those sets. What is amusing about this entire thread is that all of this is over "useless sets" and it is just the "concern" (don't want to get moderated) over what is being investigated on PTS that has changed the narrative.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS could still leave light attacks as they are, buff heavy attacks to fullfill the states goal of being more damage and introduce these sets to go along with it.

It is not too late. These sets are not an indicator that the light attack changes go through. Just that the heavy attack changes go through.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the second line, however, CP is still the root cause of power creep. Hodor done a vMOL hm with no CP with all good viable gear what are used still, not possible. At 300cp if my memory serves correctly they either couldn't do it or could barely do it.

No, Hodor gave up on trying it with zero CP, but likely could have cleared it given enough time.

They tried it with 300 CP and they cleared it with a pad 5 burn. This is something that many HM progression groups (many with max CP teams!) struggle to accomplish.

CP is an issue, but it is not as overblown as you make it.

My bad as I said I was quoting off memory. Went and watched the video there now and to paraphrase what Alcast said just as they completed “0cp the damage was too much it one shots you, you would have to wear sets that give you 33k resists to stay alive with 300cp it felt good but still too much dps”

Which was exactly my point of you have to wear defensive sets because of less mitigation you’ll bring your damage down.

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I'm not bothering to test anything on PTS and provide any real feedback. The last time I tried, I sent in feedback for a few bugs for over a month and those bugs are still on live today. They do not prioritize player feedback on the forums, or even read it. I don't even know if they read bug reports. They've made up their mind, what we see on PTS is more than likely close to what is going live, so I guess either get used to it or quit. If it's as bad as I suspect, I will probably quit the game. I play ESO because I like the combat system, and if they ruin it, I have no reason to stick around.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer