The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When is Frostvault being fixed?? This is beyond ridiculous!!

• tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Seems appropriate to me that FROSTvault would FREEZE.

1395941-10201751799252955-1490923381-n.jpg
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. We took another look and identified an additional crash (likely the one everyone is discussing here) and are working on getting it fixed.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno anything about avalanche not spawning after first wipe?
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ninibini wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is not fixed for pc yet. We've just tried frostvault since it's the pledge today and had at least one or two people crashing right after the skeever phase in each pull (vet HM)

Thanks for this. We took another look and identified an additional crash (likely the one everyone is discussing here) and are working on getting it fixed.

Not fixed in 5.3.6
    Crash at endboss when centurio spawn
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    zvavi wrote: »

We're currently testing a fix for it, so it's still in progress.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    Is this fixed yet?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't fixed yesterday, and nothing in patch notes. Got all the 3 bugs, laser through boss, that still happens but super rarely (rare enough to no need for fix tbh), the un existing atro, and the crushes at last boss. The special crush that only happens there, where screen freezes, and you cant even alt tab.
    Edited by zvavi on March 23, 2020 7:59PM
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't been fixed on ps4 yet
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still going strong... One year on

vet Frostvault

Just after the final Skeveton phase

One of our group DC's

No credit, no achievement, no loot

FUFinn

Awful design and useless testing process
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Still going strong... One year on

vet Frostvault

Just after the final Skeveton phase

One of our group DC's

No credit, no achievement, no loot

FUFinn

Awful design and useless testing process

Tbh the crush wasn't there at the beginning, they screwed it up later somehow... I also think it has something thing to do with server load, since today was the first time no one crushed for me in a long while, and it was in the past two hours, time when people sleep.
    Edited by zvavi on March 27, 2020 2:26AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still broken as of 3-26-2020. 3 disconnects on last boss. PS4 NA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my PS4 experience , each bug takes at least 4 months to fix .
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a year at this point, no fix and zero attention beside claims that it was fixed.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a year at this point, no fix and zero attention beside claims that it was fixed.

I see a post 10 days ago saying they're working on a fix. 10 days isn't quite a year... and saying they're working on it doesn't seem like zero attention, nor is it a claim that it's been fixed.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

I see a post 10 days ago saying they're working on a fix. 10 days isn't quite a year... and saying they're working on it doesn't seem like zero attention, nor is it a claim that it's been fixed.

It’s been over a year since Wrathstone was released. It’s a paid for DLC dungeon that is majorly messed up and has been since release.

A dungeon that occasionally DCs one of the group, denying them both loot and achievements, would be bad enough. One that does it regularly and repeatably is fundamentally unacceptable.

I’m overjoyed they’re working on it, hope they get a fix soon, but this has been neglected for way too long.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    just did Frostvault HM for 3 hours with friends, at least one of us crashed EVERY SINGLE TIME! we had a couple of cases where all four of us crashed at the same time.
    we finally gave up on doing this HM until this gets fixed.

also i'm not talking about some simple disconnect, the entire game freezes without an error message, and it needs to be shut down via task manager, sometimes a computer restart is needed.

crashes seem to happen most often after the skeever phase and when the boss is without both of his hands, around 35-20% ish HP or so.

please fix this!
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baraber wrote: »
    just did Frostvault HM for 3 hours with friends, at least one of us crashed EVERY SINGLE TIME! we had a couple of cases where all four of us crashed at the same time.

also i'm not talking about some simple disconnect, the entire game freezes without an error message, and it needs to be shut down via task manager, sometimes a computer restart is needed.

crashes seem to happen most often after the skeever phase and when the boss is without both of his hands, around 35-20% ish HP or so.

please fix this!

We've done the hm plenty of time, but always with 2-3 people who get kick from the game before get a clean run.
    HM is doable.
    But, when you wanna run this for the no-death like we are, it's just to much about rng.
    Killed 5 time (different run) by the laser bug.
    And to many crash at the end to keep our sanity...
    We just give up, that the only no-death we don't have..
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

please fix this!

One of the many things that is irritating about this dungeon is that the crash is so severe that no error log is generated (as with a normal game crash), so there is no information to send to ZOS to help them. This could explain why they appear unaware of the issue and can’t seem to get a grip on it.

It’s no excuse for a year’s worth of inaction obviously.

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing it like 10 times on normal, and 4 on veteran. It almost always crashed on that big last Automaton boss. No issues before that.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

please fix this!

We've done the hm plenty of time, but always with 2-3 people who get kick from the game before get a clean run.
    HM is doable.
    But, when you wanna run this for the no-death like we are, it's just to much about rng.

Define "HM is doable" when the tank or the healer seem to crash every single time resulting in a wipe.
    Maybe it's just bad RNG for us? Who knows.
    Still needs to be fixed.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

please fix this!

HM is doable.

Define "HM is doable" when the tank or the healer seem to crash every single time resulting in a wipe.
    Maybe it's just bad RNG for us? Who knows.
    Still needs to be fixed.

I agree, rng, if the one that disconnects is a DD :3
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how you can think this would be RNG making the game crash? (if this was just some sarcasm then I apologize lol) RNG is part of the game..game crashes are not part of the game. I do hope this gets fixed soon, I know some people who are wanting the achievements from here but because of the crashes are unable to get them. The bad thing about this is besides it having problems for so long is that we have paid for this content either through eso+ or buying the DLC direct. Really makes me wonder about buying future content. :)
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

We're currently testing a fix for it, so it's still in progress.

Tick
    Tock
    Tick
    T..........Task manager -> End task
  • Kantuuka
    Kantuuka
    ✭✭✭
    Classic ZOS
    More then 1 is a Zerg..
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

please fix this!

One of the many things that is irritating about this dungeon is that the crash is so severe that no error log is generated (as with a normal game crash), so there is no information to send to ZOS to help them. This could explain why they appear unaware of the issue and can’t seem to get a grip on it.

It’s no excuse for a year’s worth of inaction obviously.

Believe there is some truth in this as every time I crash in FV the screen stops and the game does not crash for at least several minutes. Generally, I go to the main menu and close the game and restart it. Reason I don’t wait is at first, I would wait for eventual crash but it would take so long that the other members would either complete without you and you receive no credit or quit the dungeon or vote kick you.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday's patch contained a fix for this problem. And as far as I can tell, the fix worked. Well, better late than never.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that the screen freezes, then crashes me to desktop without any error log/report (which means I have nothing but apocryphal information to send ZOS), then I’m repeatedly denied entry back to the game, so when I do get back the fight is over and I get no credit or rewards.

Over a year now.... no fix.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is that the screen freezes, then crashes me to desktop without any error log/report (which means I have nothing but apocryphal information to send ZOS), then I’m repeatedly denied entry back to the game, so when I do get back the fight is over and I get no credit or rewards.

Over a year now.... no fix.

Erm. Have you actually tried it this week?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    We have edited some comments from this thread due to bashing/baiting.

Remember, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Caelc
    Caelc
    ✭✭✭
    We have edited some comments from this thread due to bashing/baiting.

Remember, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

but having broken PAID content for over a year is completely acceptable?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we all should try running it during prime time, if no crushes, good, but we need a lot of people doing so, you know, even before the fix there were times when running it didn't crush. Gotta have a big sample to check if it is truly fixed.
    Edited by zvavi on April 2, 2020 2:37PM
This discussion has been closed.