Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Oasis

Sylvermynx
Sylvermynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Well.... I guess I'ma have to buy this, crowns or not.... and how convenient that crowns are on sale right now. I'll just have to buy the 21k pack and then I'll have enough to buy Moon Sugar Meadow too....

My "current crisis" presents to me!
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its to big for my liking, can not decorate it happily unless they increase it imo.

But if you are happy with then then i hope you enjoy and id love to see it when you finish decorating.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the brightness of the houses and how it's not moldy or dark or falling apart.

BUT...

it is *again* one of those huge houses that should really be split up into three instances (the two houses and the outside) with *each* having a 700 item slot limit, rather than all *three* sharing the 700 slots.
    Basically, that means that you either close off one of the houses and/or the outside - thus having more or less spent 13.000 crowns for something that you can only use 1/3 of - and decorate *one* of the houses with the 700 slots, or you end up with half empty houses and outsides...

Unfortunately, despite how often we, als Housing fans, bring up the subject in the forums, we're ignored... *sigh*
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns are not on sale on steam, should they be? I just bought 1500.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Its to big for my liking, can not decorate it happily unless they increase it imo.

But if you are happy with then then i hope you enjoy and id love to see it when you finish decorating.

Well, being it's a combo of Redguard/RaGada/Yokudan, less will be more in a lot of ways. I love the way it's all over the place with rooms and stairs and so on....
    I like the brightness of the houses and how it's not moldy or dark or falling apart.

BUT...

it is *again* one of those huge houses that should really be split up into three instances (the two houses and the outside) with *each* having a 700 item slot limit, rather than all *three* sharing the 700 slots.
    Basically, that means that you either close off one of the houses and/or the outside - thus having more or less spent 13.000 crowns for something that you can only use 1/3 of - and decorate *one* of the houses with the 700 slots, or you end up with half empty houses and outsides...

Unfortunately, despite how often we, als Housing fans, bring up the subject in the forums, we're ignored... *sigh*

Well, there's a sticky post at the very top of the Index page actually addressing that, and the reasoning all along. No, it doesn't say we'll ever get more slots, but at least @ZOS_CullenLee did respond back in February.
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Crowns are not on sale on steam, should they be? I just bought 1500.

I don't know as I don't use steam. I buy from the regular online store.

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really would've liked to get the house.
    But 13k crowns is simply crazy sh**.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    I really would've liked to get the house.
    But 13k crowns is simply crazy sh**.

Well.... I wanted four of them (one on each account, on both mega-servers - but I didn't want to spend THAT much right now). So I got the Oasis for my NA second account (because this account has the Villa) and the Meadow for my EU second account (as EU is ditto the Villa for this account).

Maybe next year if it comes back I'll feel as if I can get the other three.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of a player built house, someone used the back of Grand Psijic Villa to make the same thing. Edit: found the video and it’s pretty amazing.

https://youtu.be/cnLNhLQemRo

It’s an amazing house and I definitely want it!

My negative feelings in other areas of the game is stopping me from buying it though.
    Edited by max_only on March 31, 2020 9:08PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh. That's...disappointing. I hoped it would be released later, and I really hoped it would be less expensive though I suppose I can understand, at that size. But with current events causing such financial turmoil...I just really wish it was released later, or not limited. This kind of hurts, was really looking forward to it.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    I've been saving up my crowns for months now, even let Forgemasters go, but this baby is going to be mine!
    This one likes to play.....
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh it's not a very good thieve's den. No good places to hide the treasure. No basement or anything unless its hidden and I don't know?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Eh it's not a very good thieve's den. No good places to hide the treasure. No basement or anything unless its hidden and I don't know?

Well, I think a Thieves Oasis isn't the same as a Thieves Den, y'know? An Oasis presupposes a vacation retreat or some such. I didn't look around really thoroughly after deciding I was buying it as I had other stuff going on today. I'll check it out better tomorrow!
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a sand storm raging outside in the courtyard, every-time I go outside. If this is a constant thing or something that can't be turned off then, I'm probably going to pass on the house.

And it looked like a nice place and all.

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    Why is there a sand storm raging outside in the courtyard, every-time I go outside. If this is a constant thing or something that can't be turned off then, I'm probably going to pass on the house.

I think its permanent. Like I said the house has potential, but I think it needed a storage area and some way to turn on and off the sandstorms at will.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its permanent. Like I said the house has potential, but I think it needed a storage area and some way to turn on and off the sandstorms at will.

It's not. It's just like Twin Arches, which gets sandstorms every now and then. Though, they might be more common in the Oasis, not sure. Was clear weather when I looked at it.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not. It's just like Twin Arches, which gets sandstorms every now and then. Though, they might be more common in the Oasis, not sure. Was clear weather when I looked at it.

Neat then I might be able to make an outdoor thieves nook to show hidden treasure in then. Hmmm interest piqued about this place now. However the blackreach home would be great. What to do wha to do.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Well, there's a sticky post at the very top of the Index page actually addressing that, and the reasoning all along. No, it doesn't say we'll ever get more slots, but at least @ZOS_CullenLee did respond back in February.

Yes, I'm aware of that post and added my own comments on it, too. However, I feel that it's what I consider a 'throw-away' post. Basically, throw something out onto the forum, make people work on it (his request for continued feedback) and then bugger off for better climes...
    Since the initial post, there has been no feedback from @ZOS_CullenLee since then. Not to our suggestions, not to our various questions, nothing, even though he's been checking into the forum regularily.

So at the moment I see ZOS ignoring its customer base and continuing blindly on a path that isn't concurrent with what people want.

And just last night I had this sudden moment of thought: why is the company that puts out Fallout, Quake, Doom and other highly recognized games so totally incompetent where server performance is concerned? It boggles the mind...
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they allow us to set the max player cap? For every person we choose not to allow it gives more slots?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been saving up my crowns for months now, even let Forgemasters go, but this baby is going to be mine!
    Same, I was considering getting Forgemaster Falls, since both of these new houses are awesome in my opinion, but I knew that Thieves Oasis would cost way more Crowns, and I'd also need to buy some Crown-exclusive structural items for the build I want in it. So sadly, my Orc clan will stay at their Forsaken Stronghold, but I happily bought Thieve's Oasis yesterday. :smile:

Indeed, it's not permanent. It's just a weather feature that comes and goes. Though I know some people might be unlucky enough to see it every time they check - it often feels like it's raining every time I want to take a clear screenshot in some zones lol.

Now, if we had a day/night and weather toggle for our homes that would be great! :blush:
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat then I might be able to make an outdoor thieves nook to show hidden treasure in then. Hmmm interest piqued about this place now. However the blackreach home would be great. What to do wha to do.

So it has WAY too many doors, and apropos of you wanting a "hidden treasure room" I did a little rework on mine. I made an Elseweyr Wall, Wide, set it over the second door of the east dwelling to close in the archway, and left the door on the inside to make a "treasure room".

Outside where the archway used to be:

PLfq2rl.png

Inside the treasure room:

rTa7aRP.png

Now, that treasure pile is way too big for that space, I put it there just for "looks" for the screenie.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on April 3, 2020 7:27PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a little cave area up where the left side waterfall is. It would just need a couple more large rocks to sort of seal it off.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a few potential thieves nooks outdoors as well. Small ones. On the other hand also considered lining the oasis bottom with gold too lol.
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    There is a little cave area up where the left side waterfall is. It would just need a couple more large rocks to sort of seal it off.
    This is most obvious ones I found that needs the least work.
    Edited by Aptonoth on April 3, 2020 7:57PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw that one too @Nebthet78 - in fact I was going to use that until I decided some of the doors/archways had to go!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am most likely going to get this one. The outdoor space is large, but I don’t need to put much out there, I will just run around and enjoy the beautiful scenery without other players around and pets in my face.

The only thing that I don’t like about the interior, other than the few tiny windows it has (like all other houses they put out) are the chandeliers. They don’t look right in a house with low ceilings.

The only thing I’m concerned about right now is investing more money into the game in the state it’s in right now. I’ll need to buy a small amount of crowns to get this house if I do. I don’t know how many other people in this section of the forum are doing other content like PvE or PvP, PvE has it’s share of bugs but Cyrodiil has been in bad shape for a long time and is getting worse again. I am starting to lose hope that it will be fixed. Funny, I’ve completely gotten used to melee battles at 1-5 fps with the obvious targeting difficulties in that setting, and mentally putting a 3 second lag on my rotation, but skills taking 5-6 button presses to fire and ultimates that won’t fire are really not acceptable in PvP.

I get the impression that most people here are completely focused on housing and fairly isolated from such concerns.

Thanks to @max_only for posting the video above, that was a spectacular housing creation. I’d love to be able to do something like that but it’s way easier to just buy this house instead.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    I am most likely going to get this one. The outdoor space is large, but I don’t need to put much out there, I will just run around and enjoy the beautiful scenery without other players around and pets in my face.

The only thing that I don’t like about the interior, other than the few tiny windows it has (like all other houses they put out) are the chandeliers. They don’t look right in a house with low ceilings.

The only thing I’m concerned about right now is investing more money into the game in the state it’s in right now. I’ll need to buy a small amount of crowns to get this house if I do. I don’t know how many other people in this section of the forum are doing other content like PvE or PvP, PvE has it’s share of bugs but Cyrodiil has been in bad shape for a long time and is getting worse again. I am starting to lose hope that it will be fixed. Funny, I’ve completely gotten used to melee battles at 1-5 fps with the obvious targeting difficulties in that setting, and mentally putting a 3 second lag on my rotation, but skills taking 5-6 button presses to fire and ultimates that won’t fire are really not acceptable in PvP.

I get the impression that most people here are completely focused on housing and fairly isolated from such concerns.

Thanks to @max_only for posting the video above, that was a spectacular housing creation. I’d love to be able to do something like that but it’s way easier to just buy this house instead.

I feel this place and lore are the only places I can talk about the game without 60% of the posts being about the current balancing and people sharing their (usually wrong) hot tank in an off topic forum or bugs in an off topic forum. Though I am more forgiving of the bug posts as long as they stick to their own topic in general. Its when you start pestering and ruining all the other discussions that *** me off. The other players can't help you and getting mad at them isn't going to win you any favor with them.

I play solo for lore, making characters and their backstories, and for housing. Occasionally dabbling into dungeons. [snip] PvE and end game content I do care about though as its the big 96% of what the player base likes to do so if it ever starts going downhill then I'll be more critical. As it is now I'm mostly happy some minor things like having house interiors with their own separate amount of furnishings would be great but totally optional.

[Edited for Baiting/Bashing commentary]

Edited by ZOS_Mika on April 4, 2020 2:34PM
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    It reminds me of a player built house, someone used the back of Grand Psijic Villa to make the same thing. Edit: found the video and it’s pretty amazing.

My negative feelings in other areas of the game is stopping me from buying it though.

how was this even created? there are pieces here that aren't even available in game, like the dock pieces? and how was this accomplished using only 700 slots? so many questions
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    how was this even created? there are pieces here that aren't even available in game, like the dock pieces? and how was this accomplished using only 700 slots? so many questions
    You can get the dock pieces. In Rawlkha. I have them in my Daggerfall Overlook docks.
    Platform-Weathered-Deck-2.jpg
    But you can also use any wooden platform basically, Elsweyr had 2 types of wooden platforms and a wooden wall you can flip if you don't like the look of the dock furnishing. Then just add a few posts and you're done. :smile:
    Post-Barnacle-Covered.jpg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I didn’t think giving my reasons for hesitating to buy this house would cause someone to go off.

Of course I can’t read what was removed by the mods but if you don’t do anything other than housing and some light PvE maybe you don’t understand how this affects my decision. It is hard to support this game with extra money on top of my ESO subscription when other areas of the game are suffering in the extreme.

Respectfully,
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The place is far too massive for the current furnishing limit. 700 items for that place is a joke and every time I hear people talk about it they are blocking off substantial sections of the place just to cut down the space they need to furnish.

I would never even consider spending that many crowns where I wouldn't be using at least half of it.
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    @zos:

Can you see what I'm trying to align here?

d1ticvx1gzz7.png

I can't either. Please give the ability to toggle on/off the sandstorm, or at least tone it down a bit.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feendish wrote: »
    I can't either. Please give the ability to toggle on/off the sandstorm, or at least tone it down a bit.

Yeah, I was excited about this house when I saw it on test. Bought it for one crown, started to decorate it and..... this. So I'm saving my crowns for something I don't have to struggle to decorate.

It's also quite immersion breaking to see the sand blowing violently, but my trees standing perfectly still in the wind.

@ZOS_CullenLee you could generate a lot of goodwill (and more crown sales for your investors) if you gave us a simple /sandon /sandoff toggle.

Edited by Jaraal on April 11, 2020 2:36AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.