Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necrotank - can't be bashed?

Raudgrani
Raudgrani
✭✭✭✭✭
There was a Necromancer tank in Cyrodiil last night (pretty well known player, Xbox EU) probably running like Ironblood, Reactive and Bloodspawn or Stonekeeper. Really tanky, but that's not the point - seen that before. Point is, there was like NO chance putting CC on him? I tried spamming Toppling Charge, just to see if it was possible, and well yeah - it came through eventually (couldn't see these CC immune animations around him EVER, but it might be a visual glitch). That's not the point either, I've seen that before too - and you can make it (if the game works properly) with CC potions and the heavy armor skill.
BUT, this guy couldn't be BASHED when he was resurrecting other players, or when he was burning siege. I mean, wtf? IS that even supposed to be possible? I mean, being CC immune doesn't mean you can resurrect and burn siege? I am pretty sure I have been using CC potions and tried to resurrect, but it never worked. Seriously? Is that some sort of exploit, or what's up with that?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was he/she running Immovable perhaps (the heavy armor skill)?

Quite easy to keep it up almost constantly on a tankbuild. If you cycle it with immovability potions it's even easier.
    EU | PC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve experienced this a few times too, 100% cc immunity uptime on Necros. Every class has the ability to run very tanks builds, but Necros are something else. None of those players have responded to my whispers asking what they’re running.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not necromancer. Heavy armor ability Immovable is your culprit. Try it you will see works on all classes
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb anything in particular about necro that might explain further CC immunity?

@Spartabunny08 I know, kind of. But CC immunity does not work for BASH, when you are resurrecting or trying to burn siege, or does it? I have been using that immovable brute and immovable pots, and even had these "immunity swirls" around my feet, trying to revive again. But it doesn't work. This guy was torching ballista and catapult while people (among them me) were spamming bash.

I know a really strong necro tank build for PVP, but it doesn't include any supernatural extra CC immunity. :-1:
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    @Reverb anything in particular about necro that might explain further CC immunity?

@Spartabunny08 I know, kind of. But CC immunity does not work for BASH, when you are resurrecting or trying to burn siege, or does it? I have been using that immovable brute and immovable pots, and even had these "immunity swirls" around my feet, trying to revive again. But it doesn't work. This guy was torching ballista and catapult while people (among them me) were spamming bash.

I know a really strong necro tank build for PVP, but it doesn't include any supernatural extra CC immunity. :-1:

Could be a bug. Honestly I was on a warden tank and it blew me away that Immovable was unbashable. Been using since they redid the ability and never tried to ress anyone while hitting it. Also if you bash anyone they end up in global cooldown and like for burning siege the cooldown will work for being able to go ahead and burn it but as far as I know bash on ress no cooldown. Something is up with this ability and resurrecting players. You have like 5 to 6 secs to get the ress off. It's worked flawlessly on my warden tank. Ressed my whole group.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a bug. Honestly I was on a warden tank and it blew me away that Immovable was unbashable. Been using since they redid the ability and never tried to ress anyone while hitting it. Also if you bash anyone they end up in global cooldown and like for burning siege the cooldown will work for being able to go ahead and burn it but as far as I know bash on ress no cooldown. Something is up with this ability and resurrecting players. You have like 5 to 6 secs to get the ress off. It's worked flawlessly on my warden tank. Ressed my whole group.

Something is rather fishy with the CC cooldown now, I often find myself being knocked down, knocked back, snared and stunned multiple times over like 10 seconds. Typically being chased by multiple enemies in Cyrodiil, and you have these glitchy animations where you slowly get up, while still floating across the ground, because people keep spamming all kinds of CC on you.

Or when you run into a group, get feared by the fighter's guild ability, break free but can't more, and suddenly you are feared again, and have to break free once again - even though you did so 2 seconds ago. This might very well have to do with that. The Immovable skill did NOT work with being bashed while resurrecting other players, when I tried it as late as last week.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Something is rather fishy with the CC cooldown now, I often find myself being knocked down, knocked back, snared and stunned multiple times over like 10 seconds. Typically being chased by multiple enemies in Cyrodiil, and you have these glitchy animations where you slowly get up, while still floating across the ground, because people keep spamming all kinds of CC on you.

Or when you run into a group, get feared by the fighter's guild ability, break free but can't more, and suddenly you are feared again, and have to break free once again - even though you did so 2 seconds ago. This might very well have to do with that. The Immovable skill did NOT work with being bashed while resurrecting other players, when I tried it as late as last week.

Interesting, I'm on ps4 NA. Really we need to let @ZOS_GinaBruno know Immovable is allowing resurrecting players through bash. If this gets out to everyone it'll break the ability to win at all anywhere in cyrodiil. I hate exploiting and cheating, I only want to win fairly. My tanks used to be able to handle zergs and now certainly nothing they were so I main a very unorthodox stamblade and I rarely die which is the most fun for myself. I quit using this is also what I am saying. I think Immovable has broken.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as i know, playing a pvp tank with the immovable skill, you are able to keep cc immunity 100% of the time. This means noone can stun you, but people are able to bash your ressurects when i was trying, even with cc immunity and spell wall up. However, burning siege is a bit different as if you try to burn the siege, you can get bashed. If you break free and burn the siege again, they wont be able to interrupt you and theres nothing they can do other than putting out the fire. (which works the same way, bash once then immune to bash). I havent tested ressurecting people after getting bashed while trying to burn siege, but they can always interrupt you when trying to ressurect a player. Even through block and cc immunity.

A trick is to keep trying to ressurect after getting bashed as you only get stunned after the first bash (cc immunity) which makes it hard to see that they started ressing again.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    As far as i know, playing a pvp tank with the immovable skill, you are able to keep cc immunity 100% of the time. This means noone can stun you, but people are able to bash your ressurects when i was trying, even with cc immunity and spell wall up. However, burning siege is a bit different as if you try to burn the siege, you can get bashed. If you break free and burn the siege again, they wont be able to interrupt you and theres nothing they can do other than putting out the fire. (which works the same way, bash once then immune to bash). I havent tested ressurecting people after getting bashed while trying to burn siege, but they can always interrupt you when trying to ressurect a player. Even through block and cc immunity.

A trick is to keep trying to ressurect after getting bashed as you only get stunned after the first bash (cc immunity) which makes it hard to see that they started ressing again.

That's exactly right. Resurrects at least can be bashed over and over again, without regards to CC cooldown as far as I know.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »

I played an entire day resurrecting my entire group right through bash. This happened every time I hit Immovable and immediately went into resurrecting them. It was kinda funny to watch them bash away and nothing happened to stop me. Like 3 or 4 days ago now. Not gonna continue it because it is so broken and unfair. I've also seen a couple other tanks are figuring this out as well.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed some weird *** too.

I was in a BG where I was chain stunned every GCD. No big deal, I’m used to that, CC immunity is broken.

I fought someone else and I couldn’t hit them at all. I kept trying to use a lightning heavy and it wouldn’t connect despite having line of sight.

I think either it’s some hack or desync. Lightning heavies are a channel and should be impossible to make miss unless I’m missing something.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    Is meridia's blessed armour doing this?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Somers23 wrote: »
    Is meridia's blessed armour doing this?

Maybe, in my situation it was against a NB. Highly unlikely a NB using cloak would be wearing this set.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I was in a BG where I was chain stunned every GCD. No big deal, I’m used to that, CC immunity is broken.

I fought someone else and I couldn’t hit them at all. I kept trying to use a lightning heavy and it wouldn’t connect despite having line of sight.

I think either it’s some hack or desync. Lightning heavies are a channel and should be impossible to make miss unless I’m missing something.

Is this the first time you've noticed this? I for one have been quite angry since they messed with heavy attack and light attacks since summerset update. Since then Resto and Lightning staves heavy has been jacked up. Sorry to say but it is been up and down since then. I used to main a healer that utilized the heavy armor and heavy attack for resource sustain and summerset came along, hasn't been the same since. Desync where a player appears in one place but isn't has certainly been an issue just not a lot. I'm a Cyrodiil small scale used to be in a guild but summerset made them all quit, so small scale lol. I still notice to this day the heavy attack just doesn't work right. Add any lag and might as well find a different build or a different game. These new changes I fear are going to destroy this game. I don't play my healer anymore at all because it just doesn't work right. Now my little stamblade tank is about to eat it with the new vampire changes... it's all i have left lolI Light attack for the win and now next patch light attack for the sustain wtf...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Is this the first time you've noticed this? I for one have been quite angry since they messed with heavy attack and light attacks since summerset update. Since then Resto and Lightning staves heavy has been jacked up. Sorry to say but it is been up and down since then. I used to main a healer that utilized the heavy armor and heavy attack for resource sustain and summerset came along, hasn't been the same since. Desync where a player appears in one place but isn't has certainly been an issue just not a lot. I'm a Cyrodiil small scale used to be in a guild but summerset made them all quit, so small scale lol. I still notice to this day the heavy attack just doesn't work right. Add any lag and might as well find a different build or a different game. These new changes I fear are going to destroy this game. I don't play my healer anymore at all because it just doesn't work right. Now my little stamblade tank is about to eat it with the new vampire changes... it's all i have left lolI Light attack for the win and now next patch light attack for the sustain wtf...

No, never noticed it before. Cyrodiil is it’s own mess and lots of things don’t work, I haven’t gone in there is a while because it’s unplayable.

I’m talking BGs. I’ve only been doing BGs because usually things work except break free and abilities not firing, but it looks like lag and broken mechanics are spilling over into all parts of ESO. I don’t understand how the performance fixes made things worse.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 2, 2020 2:21PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair