The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disable Gamepad Targeting Slowdown?

BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
hello. playing on gamepad here. can't help to notice the cross-hair slows down a bit everytime passing over a target. anyway to disable this?
  • PTTE
    PTTE
    ✭✭✭
    Try turning off auto aim?
  • BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
    no such option. it isn't auto-aiming, or assisting in target acquisition. the movement of the camera simply slows down as the cross-hairs move past a target.

does anyone know how to disable this?
    Edited by BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY on March 25, 2020 10:50PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other shooters it’s called aim assist, not auto target. I’m not if front of the game right now but generally aim assist is built right into most shooters on console and you can usually disable it. Though unless you are really good you are gonna have a bad time. Check your settings and look for something with that name. It may just be a sensitivity slider and not a toggle on/off as well. I’m sure it’s there because some people prefer to play that way.
  • BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
    sorry, i am actually on PC. but have checked both menu versions. because some options appear in the menu when using KB/M that do no appear when using gamepad. there doesn't seem to be any option for this anywhere. i have also checked files at the install and documents folder. there is a UserSettings file which has some options not in-game, but nothing changed removed this behavior.

in the end, it's not assisting in actual aim. again, it is just slowing down camera movement as the cross-hairs move past an enemy target. there's no auto-movement or sticky movement.
  • BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
    i am still looking for a way to turn this off. it greatly disrupts camera movement. anyone got any ideas?
  • BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
    [Snip]

ain't nothing like having otherwise smooth gameplay ruined by something like this.

anyone?

[Edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 31, 2020 5:50PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY we encourage you to detail the issue that you are experiencing via a ticket at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on March 31, 2020 3:18PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY

Try changing the camera sensitivity in the game settings which can help with the rotation speed while playing. Please let us know if using different settings makes a difference.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change the line of text in the "usersettings" notepad file to increase your gamepad sense past cap. The line is called "gamepadsensitivity3rdperson", I have mine set at 1.8.

This won't fix the "reticle magnetism" you're talking about. It doesn't seem like there is any way to turn this off, at least for xbox controllers on PC. It is pretty annoying.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY
    thank you everyone. i guess it can't be turned off. a real shame, but oh wells.