Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance change token are here

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Source for that pic or I'm gonna call you a liar.

someone jumped a bit too quick too conclusions i guess eh?

It seems more they are appropriately questioning your claim that alliance change tokens are here. They seem smart to do so. I doubt you speak the truth without a source. It is easy to photoshop such stuff and the image seems a little fishy.

:D Its literally confirmed in this thread

I am looking at the OP. I am not chasing down the confirmation in 5 pages of a thread. It is absurd to think someone should.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Source for that pic or I'm gonna call you a liar.

someone jumped a bit too quick too conclusions i guess eh?

It seems more they are appropriately questioning your claim that alliance change tokens are here. They seem smart to do so. I doubt you speak the truth without a source. It is easy to photoshop such stuff and the image seems a little fishy.

We can confirm this image is real, and came from an early build that some of our Press and Content Creators played through recently. We'll let everyone know when we plan to release this, and how it will work.

That being said, doubting it before confirmation was entirely reasonable, given how ZoS was adamant they weren't looking into doing something like this any time soon.

Thanks for providing that. Oddly it also means Zos' word is meaningless as it was about one year ago they said they had no interest in offering alliance change. lol
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well EP players will finally get that PVE Cyrodiil they have been asking for.
    Because if this goes live, there will not be enough AD or DC players to put up a fight once the mass exodous to EP happens.
    However the que to get in will be in the 100s until they put up more servers.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You roleplayers are wild AF. Chill out.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon ZOS give us class change tokens so I can switch to the pay to win necro that has godly heals and major vulnerability.
  • Speedster3103
    Speedster3103
    Soul Shriven
    I don't see why the fuss from all loyalists up there is.
    I explain it to you.

On PS4 EU, we currently have about this player count in locked campain:
    RED: 50% of players
    YELLOW: 30%
    BLUE: 20%
    Morning hours: RED at 2/3, YELLOW at 1/3 and BLUE at 1/3 pop.
    This way RED fetches all scrolls in the morning hours to play godmode until afternoon.
    Evening hours: RED at 3/3, YELLOW at 3/3 and BLUE at 2/3 pop.
    This way RED is WINNING ALL CAMPAIGNs.

With an alliance token, many people will change to RED to play on the ALWAYS-WINNING-SIDE, prediction:
    RED: 60% (+10%)
    YELLOW: 25% (-5%)
    BLUE: 15% (-5%)
    Morning hours: RED at 2/3, YELLOW at 1/3 and BLUE at 1/3 pop.
    This way, it will be even easier for RED to fetch all scrolls and to maintain godmode all day long.
    Evening hours: RED at 3/3, YELLOW at 2/3 and BLUE at 1/3 pop.

RESULT: The Alliance change token will probably kill all meaningful gameplay in PvP.
    ZOS, if you really want to provide Alliance change tokens, PLEASE at least
    remove the scrolls to prevent permanent-sixscroll-godmode for the permanent winners.

Well, thanks for taking just that tiny bit of info from my post, as I explained on the rest, what you are describing, has happened, is happening and will continue to happen anyways. I myself changed from AD to DC months ago, by re-rolling a toon, it doesn't take more than a week to do, specially now, that you can buy skill lines and skyshards.

The only thing this token does, is make things (that are already happening) easier
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image0.jpg

Oh hell yes people no more annoying faction lock to hold us back

I'm glad get wrecked to all those who wanted faction lock!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Is this for real ? LOL...
    If this is real it is the worst decision ZOS ever made...
    Many PVP players will consider quitting over this(me included).
    Alliance should never be allowed to be changed...
    A meaningful decision, same as class choice.

This is one time choice for the benefit of one faction.
    Faction loyalty, no treason. Thank you.

If you're in a guild who has 500 plus members why should this even matter to you? You can still play with a ton of people in your guild, if they all happen to pvp. I'm glad I can NOW play the game with friends and not HAVE to wait 30 days to do so or go into a DEAD or zerged down campaign to do just that.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    image0.jpg

Oh hell yes people no more annoying faction lock to hold us back

I'm glad get wrecked to all those who wanted faction lock!

So what PvP is unplayable anyway.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm this image is real, and came from an early build that some of our Press and Content Creators played through recently. We'll let everyone know when we plan to release this, and how it will work.

@ZOS_GinaBruno senpai since you guys are in the mood, why not make class changes as well? We live in a free country!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do a one time free change for your characters if you get Any Race, Any Alliance.
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!! I can finally switch my first toon, which is AD, to EP with the rest of my toons. Hooray!!! Can't wait.
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
  • Florial
    Florial
    ✭✭✭
    I am really happy about this. I had characters scattered around the factions but my main is AD and my main guild I play with now is DC. I didn't come across my fine guild until a few years into the game. Very happy to be able to switch.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    It's dead because people choose to stay in the locked campaign. Choice has been given and people chose.

Can you stop with this asinine garbage!

PvPers go where the PvP is. The pvpopulation is too small to support more than one campaign outside of a few hours a day. Hence, it's often only one campaign is active. It happens to be the pop locked one.

If more people want unlocked then why haven't they moved there? And to say it's because of the order of the campaigns, I'd say THAT is an asinine argument.

On the topic of the tokens, it's good for those that want it, but expect it to either have a strong cool down or (more likely and) an exorbitant price tag.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around spam and baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Because if this goes live, there will not be enough AD or DC players to put up a fight once the mass exodous to EP happens.

Yep. Its already where people who want to zerg in a stack go. Not they can do all their characters there. I dont know. Maybe on PCNA it will be a good thing to have a huge collection of easy kills right for the picking if they overwhelm the queue and make it to where the good EP players and groups just cant get in.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yep. Its already where people who want to zerg in a stack go. Not they can do all their characters there. I dont know. Maybe on PCNA it will be a good thing to have a huge collection of easy kills right for the picking if they overwhelm the queue and make it to where the good EP players and groups just cant get in.

Nah I foresee the opposite happening...
    If primary players are given opportunity to shift their Mains to another Alliance you’ll have entire groups jump over so that they can push back and gain More AP than they would sitting on an All EP controlled campaign

This was the Original reason Faction Lock was dropped...
    one Aliance would control Everything and it got boring
    So they removed the locks and players started jumping back n forth pushing one way...than back again on another toon on the other alliance
    So the Locks are back..

This Token will give players the ability to jump over but not at the frequency that an Unlocked Campaign allows
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If primary players are given opportunity to shift their Mains to another Alliance you’ll have entire groups jump over so that they can push back and gain More AP than they would sitting on an All EP controlled campaign

So they removed the locks and players started jumping back n forth pushing one way...than back again on another toon on the other alliance
    So the Locks are back..

This Token will give players the ability to jump over but not at the frequency that an Unlocked Campaign allows

Oh, thats what happens eh? I beg to differ.

91276320_1327513510970796_547404718725398528_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQke05dEvxaMq8thWlprnbM9dvKh7bArjs0R3aVlmpRjMCnNWrz5YaqBUp97u69SakQ&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=3a16adc26ab7c5c89ac0b7e1690de40f&oe=5EA89227

Im waiting for that " balancing out " you mentioned.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭

Good bye failed faction, hello all mighty EP
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    Is this for real ? LOL...
    If this is real it is the worst decision ZOS ever made...
    Many PVP players will consider quitting over this(me included).
    Alliance should never be allowed to be changed...
    A meaningful decision, same as class choice.

This is one time choice for the benefit of one faction.
    Faction loyalty, no treason. Thank you.

If you're in a guild who has 500 plus members why should this even matter to you? You can still play with a ton of people in your guild, if they all happen to pvp. I'm glad I can NOW play the game with friends and not HAVE to wait 30 days to do so or go into a DEAD or zerged down campaign to do just that.

LOL. 500 members in a guild is the solution? Outside of trading builds every guild I have seen with 500 members was poorly managed. Most of those members are not active in the guild because the leaders are to lame to keep them active let along have a real focus for the guild. The best guilds I have been in had 250 or fewer members.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    No betrayal quest line or anything. its just botched in ?

Sadly this isnt Everquest 2, folks want things instant these days.

Be Safe

I remember running through Nektulos Forest with my lowbie ratonga , on his way to Qeynos. Running in that higher level zone was no picnic.

HAHA i remember that too, but my main went the other way, Pally betraying to SK, fun times.
    But then those games were a real challenge, remember Nek Forest on EQ1! jesus that was scary.

Be safe
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind if they reset the alliance rank/points of the character you change. The character I want to change it doesn’t matter. He only leveled alliance for the skills and then stopped. That takes like 2 play sessions to get back.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno senpai since you guys are in the mood, why not make class changes as well? We live in a free country!

Absolutely not. That would just incentivize ZOS to nerf other classes into the ground whenever they release a new class in order to get people to buy it.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

So the Locks are back..

91276320_1327513510970796_547404718725398528_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQke05dEvxaMq8thWlprnbM9dvKh7bArjs0R3aVlmpRjMCnNWrz5YaqBUp97u69SakQ&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&oh=3a16adc26ab7c5c89ac0b7e1690de40f&oe=5EA89227

Hmm...if this was directed at me I’m not sure why...

My statement is for
    FactionLock with Alliance Tokens

Not unlocked Campaigns...

But looks to me like EP doing a Great job at pushing Evals at least
    Just need to organized enough to get Scrolls back
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an awful change for PvP because now everyone will stack to the Zerg alliance even more. ZOS willing to throw huge gameplay decisions away just so they can make a quick buck at the crown store. Screw this game.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    This is an awful change for PvP because now everyone will stack to the Zerg alliance even more. ZOS willing to throw huge gameplay decisions away just so they can make a quick buck at the crown store. Screw this game.
    This will be an 3K or more crown purchase, none outside some fools will use this to flip factions around.
    If true its an tool for players who played in one alliance as it was his default race alliance, then he joined an very nice guild for trials who also did lots of pvp but was the wrong faction.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

So the Locks are back..

Hmm...if this was directed at me I’m not sure why...

My statement is for
    FactionLock with Alliance Tokens

Not unlocked Campaigns...

But looks to me like EP doing a Great job at pushing Evals at least
    Just need to organized enough to get Scrolls back

You missed the point. People are not switching alliances to balance it out, they are stacking into the winning one, at all times of day. It is not fun for EP or DC id imagine. What you saw there is an example of why faction lock is actually needed. And with the introduction of faction change, its just gonna get worse. Ever since we won last campaign AD has been flooded to the point of nausea.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't trust anyone for the next couple of days, it is around April Fools, I honestly do not care for that day but if these are real I might change a few of my characters around, I know any race can join any alliance but I just feel wrong using a race in an alliance they are not native to like a Nord in the Aldmeri Dominion for example.
    I mean...you can already have that scenario thanks to the very thing you mentioned, aka ARAA. Besides, why should a person's race dictate who they have to be loyal to? Not every Argonian will agree with the Pact, not every Bosmer will agree with the Dominion, and so on. It's the same irl, you have people of any given creed or race joining groups and organizations that directly oppose their 'homeland' so to speak. People are individuals and not all of them feel the same way about things.
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    What do you mean how will it work?
    It is another monetized option put in Crown store

You pay money - you change faction.

-.-
    I think they more meant in terms of how much it'll cost, cooldowns, any other restrictions or prerequisites, and things like that.
    You really think ppl are gonna spend that kind of money for transmute crystals? Nah lol.
    You really think there are people out there who won't spend money to get what they feel is an advantage? Besides, I know at least two people who bought extra accounts so they could troll RPers at the Withered Tree back in the day, after their main accounts were banned for previous harassment. If people are willing to go that far to annoy people with no actual gain, then I can 100% see people spending the money for actual in-game rewards. Granted disposal income is probably something that's getting tighter for a lot of people in light of COVID-19 shutting things down and people being unable to work, but there will always be people who spend their money on what others see as useless or stupid decisions.

Personally I'm more surprised this was allowed to be posted like this instead of being kept under lock and key until ZOS was ready to announce it, just to avoid threads like this. I wonder if someone broke a possible NDA, showing stuff they weren't cleared to show.

Edited by Arunei on March 31, 2020 9:01PM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create a problem then sell you a solution for it.

People will buy them, so why not.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not. That would just incentivize ZOS to nerf other classes into the ground whenever they release a new class in order to get people to buy it.

As if not having it has prevented they doing it until now, they swing the meta like they want Everytime a new set (tied to a dlc, what a coincidence) or class is released. So yeah, I've never signed for being forced into pets for competitive dps, só yes I'll take a class change to a non pet class, even if it costs 20k crowns, thank you
This discussion has been closed.