The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Unhallowed Grave] Kiln boss sigil activation

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Nevermind that it looks different from the tutorial sigil activation animation, but I'm finding I have to stand there and hit Activate 3 times before it disappears from the ground.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Nevermind that it looks different from the tutorial sigil activation animation, but I'm finding I have to stand there and hit Activate 3 times before it disappears from the ground.

It won't disappear until the boss slams her sword into the correct sigil; you don't need to constantly synergise with it all it does is make the one downstairs glow.

You can even just not synergise with it and in voice comms call out the number of little circles on it; that's all the tank really needs to know. The glow effect is just easier for pugs to locate it.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

It won't disappear until the boss slams her sword into the correct sigil; you don't need to constantly synergise with it all it does is make the one downstairs glow.

You can even just not synergise with it and in voice comms call out the number of little circles on it; that's all the tank really needs to know. The glow effect is just easier for pugs to locate it.

I'll try that next time, but it didn't seem to light up to tell where the tank bring the boss. If doing it once made it appear downstairs we wouldn't have hit the fire stage so often. The tank knew the fight, or at least what they were supposed to do downstairs. They were asking what was going on upstairs, so presumably the correct sigil didn't show for them (?).

In any case, if it really does work that way I don't like that there's no feedback indicating that you succeeded. If you succeed in activating it, the prompt should turn off at least.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on March 31, 2020 2:04AM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had times where pressing the sigil does nothing. Communication with your group helps, but it's still confusing.
    Also had times when she had her warning cue (red flare/shield) but no sigils, no flames.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voice coms for the win
    Edited by zvavi on March 31, 2020 4:14PM