Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Helper is back!

Vahrokh
Vahrokh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Are you a magicka sorcerer / sorceress?
Don't want to deal with multiple, super-complicated cooldown addons?
Don't want intrusive, "modern-looking" user interfaces because they break immersion?

If so, Sorcerer Helper is the addon for you.
This is an ancient and very famous addon. Too bad the last author quit updating it in 2017 and it stopped working.

I have patched it up, updated the cooldown values to reflect modern ESO, changed API version, fixed Crystal Shards proc detection...

If you want to give it a try, you can find it on the ESO UI website: Sorcerer Helper.

A better solution is to just use the Minion software to install it for you. In case you find multiple versions, the right one is 3.2.1 or above.

Screenshots:

Ability proc
pvw8790.png

UI
pvw8791.png

Timers
pvw8792.jpg

Nota bene: my time for coding is extremely limited, don't expect massive improvements. It's mostly a "revival" for an addon I love.
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just installed it and it does not work. No matter what settings I'm trying to use, nothing appears on my screen. :(
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want that 1k ulti cap back ! :smile:
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    I just installed it and it does not work. No matter what settings I'm trying to use, nothing appears on my screen. :(
    Did you post what the problem is on the ESOUI website ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2576-SorcererHelper.html ).
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »

This is a bit of a generic message. What language are you using? Do you get error popups?
  • skyh
    skyh
    Just FYI: Sorcerer Helper apparently causes my pets to randomly go in and out of invisibility. Started happening 2 days ago, and the problem went away when I disabled this addon.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, a great addon! I definitely need it!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    skyh wrote: »
    Just FYI: Sorcerer Helper apparently causes my pets to randomly go in and out of invisibility. Started happening 2 days ago, and the problem went away when I disabled this addon.

This is not Sorcerer Helper but either GroupHide or Dolgubons Lazy Writ Crafter.