The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Faction Change Tokens Are Coming In Greymoor

TimeDazzler
TimeDazzler
✭✭✭✭✭
unknown.png

I don't really mind as long as we get some free tokens as we got for when they rebalanced the races/racial passives. Thoughts?
PC NA
Characters:
Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't be rebalancing factions, that's for sure... so why are you expecting free tokens? You are going to be disappointed.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, lets see? Because they introduced faction lock AFTER most hardcore PvPers made characters on different factions and are now locked out from playing them? Seems like a good reason to me.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Hmm, lets see? Because they introduced faction lock AFTER most hardcore PvPers made characters on different factions and are now locked out from playing them? Seems like a good reason to me.

If we were to be objective, faction lock was here long before some "hardcore" PvPers made their character on difference factions.

Anyway, prepare your 2000-3000 crowns a pop and open wide. :wink:
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

If we were to be objective, faction lock was here long before some "hardcore" PvPers made their character on difference factions.

Yea no, absolutely not objective. All campaigns were unlocked and you could switch to characters on different factions freely without having to wait for the campaign to end. That is the fact, I don't know what agenda you trying to support here pal.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Yea no, absolutely not objective. All campaigns were unlocked and you could switch to characters on different factions freely without having to wait for the campaign to end. That is the fact, I don't know what agenda you trying to support here pal.

I'm just trying to save you from building unreasonable expectations about free tokens and inevitably being disappointed when this does not happen.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and you are doing so by claiming to be objective, which means:
    (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

But then claim that faction lock was introduced LONG BEFORE hardcore PvPers made characters on different factions. This claim cannot be any further from representing actual facts. Faction lock is a recent installment of Zenimax listening to the casual PvPers. Before faction lock, you could play on any campaign, with any character of any faction, at any time. Thus many players like myself created characters on different factions for that purpose and now we cannot play them until the campaign is over. Unfortunately, Grey Host is the only active campaign as Zenimax's recent attempts at performance improvements have failed on an epic level and have left the PvP population lower than ever to where only Grey Host is played which is faction locked.

Edited by TimeDazzler on March 30, 2020 4:48PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

But then claim that faction lock was introduced LONG BEFORE hardcore PvPers made characters on different factions. This claim cannot be any further from representing actual facts. Faction lock is a recent installment of Zenimax listening to the casual PvPers. Before faction lock, you could play on any campaign, with any character of any faction, at any time. Thus many players like myself created characters on different factions for that purpose and now we cannot play them until the campaign is over. Unfortunately, Grey Host is the only active campaign as Zenimax's recent attempts at performance improvements have failed on an epic level and have left the PvP population lower than ever to where only Grey Host is played which is faction locked.

Faction lock was very much a thing. And then it wasn't. And then it was again. You are missing that first part.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if faction locking the main campaign was just an early step in the plan to sell more alliance change tokens. If we want to play in a populated Cyrodiil we need all our characters in the same alliance now, which was not the case when we created those characters and chose their alliances.

Creating problems and then selling the solution is not a good path to head down.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 30, 2020 11:15PM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, cant wait for bandwagoners to swap teams when the other is overpopulated already and winning. :/ Enjoy the hour long queue time or enjoy playing with the under populated faction with no scrolls and keeps.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pfff... You know that faction locks were the case till Morrowind expansion (I'm not sure when they removed them but faction unlock was not the default setup).

Nevertheless there won't be any free alliance change tokens, there is no reason. And even if there would, you would see the result same as on PC EU noCP campaign. With faction locks all 3 factions had their time (each one of them won), now without them AD is overpopulated most of the time, and as it lasts more and more people plays there because it's easier. Yeah I know white knights will hop in claiming they swap to underpopulated factions but the score says something else. After just few days AD has over 8k points more than second DC.

Give people free faction change and you will see one sided Cyrodiil all the time. Even when it won't be free most casuals will swap to the easiest alliance.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if faction locking the main campaign was just an early step in the plan to sell more alliance change tokens. If we want to play in a populated Cyrodiil we need all our characters in the same alliance now, which was not the case when we created those characters and chose their alliances.

Creating problems and then selling the solution is not a good path to head down.

I asked Brian wheeler awhile ago when race change was being introduced if they thought about adding alliance change. And the answer was something like it’s something they thought about but they haven’t figured something out technically. Not verbatim , it was years ago so I doubt they locked alliances for profit.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they add a cooldown in them, like for at least 60-90 days.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Pfff... You know that faction locks were the case till Morrowind expansion (I'm not sure when they removed them but faction unlock was not the default setup).

Nevertheless there won't be any free alliance change tokens, there is no reason. And even if there would, you would see the result same as on PC EU noCP campaign. With faction locks all 3 factions had their time (each one of them won), now without them AD is overpopulated most of the time, and as it lasts more and more people plays there because it's easier. Yeah I know white knights will hop in claiming they swap to underpopulated factions but the score says something else. After just few days AD has over 8k points more than second DC.

Give people free faction change and you will see one sided Cyrodiil all the time. Even when it won't be free most casuals will swap to the easiest alliance.

I'm pretty sure factions got unlocked long before morrowind. And even before that it was afaik possible to guest with chars from another faction, so campaigns weren't fully locked (not 100% sure on that one tho, just read something like this on the forums, but didn't play myself at those times).

And yes, during locks all sides had their time of PvDoor, but if the map is just getting flipped back and forth by different factions- and that's exactly what happened - it is hardly an improvement in actual balance, even if the - completely irrelevant - score might end up a bit closer. And yet we still had some AD celebrating their 20k lead, which has been the biggest score difference the campaign had seen for quite a while.

Ofc removing locks again won't immediately fix the imbalance that got introduced during locked times (mainly because a lot of those AD that have been pvdoring the cp campaign for years moved to nocp, whether this was related to locks or coincidence is pure assumption ofc) and yes, it is possible that things will become worse, but blaming that on the removal of locks is very questionable, especially when considering the relative balanced state of the campaign before it got locked and the recent performance decline that hurts those, who are willing to fight outnumbered, the most and as a result favours numbers and stacking more than ever.

The thing is - if you don't enjoy the current imbalance - now you can actually try to do something about it!
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    Yay, cant wait for bandwagoners to swap teams when the other is overpopulated already and winning. :/ Enjoy the hour long queue time or enjoy playing with the under populated faction with no scrolls and keeps.

Yeah, cause people are going to pay 3k crowns every week to swap factions, right?
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction change tokens are one of the best QoL things they’ve done, and it gives me more hope in ZOS because of it.

Sure, it’s a bit of selling a solution after creating a problem, but that problem existed even before faction locks if you didn’t want to make a new character.
    Edited by Urvoth on April 2, 2020 7:23PM
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Yeah, cause people are going to pay 3k crowns every week to swap factions, right?

Exactly. The faction RP stuff on the forums is out of hand. It must be a PC thing.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enjoy playing with the under populated faction with no scrolls and keeps.

We already do, no? :smile:

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Exactly. The faction RP stuff on the forums is out of hand. It must be a PC thing.

I don't think so, many of us AD on Xbox are nauseated at the sight of red and blue IRL

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

False. At launch you could only play the faction your class was tied to. Then, with the addition of "Any Alliance, Any Race" you could pick your faction, regardless of race. Then came faction locks. Then faction locks were removed. Then they were re-added. In a nutshell...
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jabbs_Giggity uh faction locks existed before and then removed and reinstalled. It happens. Sometimes we remember things incorrectly.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As long as it sells tokens.....

I can't imagine they would do this, but I do have very first toon from release stranded in a faction; everyone I ended playing with was in a different faction so I ended up releveling new classes in the new faction.