The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice about an off-meta build (stam sorc werewolf)

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what sets would be good for an off-meta build I'm working on. It's uncharted territory for me, and I haven't been following the patch notes that closely for some months. I'm going for a dual-wielding stamina sorc werewolf. She doesn't need to be hitting top DPS because I'm not intending to take her into trials or vet/DLC dungeons. It's just going to be a kind of chill playthrough. Thanks!
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dual Wield Stam Sorc Werewolf is pretty meta for werewolf builds already (there passives pass over on to Werewolf).

I’m guessing you have your skills picked out already, so I’ll pass over that.

Selene’s Monster Set (would say Molag Kena, but not sure how it would do considering the changes coming) + Blood Moon (also don’t know if this might be changed) and Hunding’s Rage is pretty good.

EDIT: If you want to basically get WW as soon as possible, I’d swap Hunding’s out for Salvation (lessened WW ultimate and more weapon damage while in WW form).

Blood Moon is from March of Sacrifices
    Hunding’s is craftable from Bangkorai, the Rift, or Reaper’s March
    Selene from Selene’s Web (shoulder from Glirion)
    Salvation from Malabal Tor
    Edited by Coppes on March 27, 2020 8:37PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coppes wrote: »
    Dual Wield Stam Sorc Werewolf is pretty meta for werewolf builds already (there passives pass over on to Werewolf).

Oh, wow, really? I didn't know that! I was thinking to myself, "I don't know if this is actually going to work, but I'm going to try it." I'm glad to know I wasn't just high.
    Selene’s Monster Set (would say Molag Kena, but not sure how it would do considering the changes coming) + Blood Moon (also don’t know if this might be changed) and Hunding’s Rage is pretty good.

EDIT: If you want to basically get WW as soon as possible, I’d swap Hunding’s out for Salvation (Malabal Tor, lessened WW ultimate and more weapon damage while in WW form).

Thank you for the insight! Yeah, I was going to go for Molag Kena and Blood Moon, but I've heard there were changes coming, too. The third set I was waffling about. I was considering Hunding's or Salvation, as you said, or Savage Werewolf. I wasn't sure if there had been any changes to those sets, or how good bleed is anymore. I'll pick up a nice set of Selene in case Molag Kena fails to perform.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if pts changes go live Bloodmoon will still be a great choice for werewolf pve builds.

Kena is great now, but if the changes go live keep that set locked up. Selenes, Veledreth, stormfist are all solid choices.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    Even if pts changes go live Bloodmoon will still be a great choice for werewolf pve builds.

Kena is great now, but if the changes go live keep that set locked up. Selenes, Veledreth, stormfist are all solid choices.

Thank you! I'll grab Velidreth and Stormfist, too, and decide which of the three I like best.

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :looks at my ww nb mag tank that has the ult slotted for the 15% stam recovery:

Did someone say off meta?