Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    Cloak feels even less reliable this patch, bleh.

Not really sure what to run these days. I miss the melee magblade playstyle. Most things I try seem too squishy to manage these days. Has anyone tried heavy magblade? Something like shackle/btb/zaan in heavy maybe with a 2h?
    edit: nma would be nice in place of shackle there, but I feel like sustain would be an issue...

I hardly sustain in light with BTB (compared to sorc or magcro)...don't want to think what will happen to my sustain in heavy ;(
    Langeston wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Anyone tried Incap as a magblade?
    I think I did when I first rolled a magblade, but it doesn't really make sense. It won't be affected by your spell penetration & the Defile is just too good to pass up IMO. What makes you want to try it?

[edit] Just saw incap got it's stun back, so I assume that's what brought this about. Even with the stun though, I think the Defile is probably more important — especially as a magblade. I might try it out though, my main used to be a stamblade so it's fully leveled.

Incap stun on magblade surprises many people, and it also seems buggy to break free rn. They expect to dodge after soul harvest, but get ass willed -> executed instead. Defile is pretty much useless in BGs, if you have at least 1 stamcro in your team (which are common af). In addition, for BGs incap has acceptable dmg, lacking only penetration (which is not that high for my build).
    Edited by Neloth on March 17, 2020 8:48AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No reason not to use Caluurions right now lol...procs from light attacks as of U25.

So light attack weave into Incap and enjoy!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No reason not to use Caluurions right now lol...procs from light attacks as of U25.

What do you mean about U25 and procs from light attacks, I missed that change.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hold up, what?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incap seems buggy, I’m not sure what’s up with it. I had a BG against Langeston and he used incap against me, the graphic was me lying on the floor but I could still move around. Maybe that’s how it acts when you already have cc immunity? I’m not sure.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Incap seems buggy, I’m not sure what’s up with it. I had a BG against Langeston and he used incap against me, the graphic was me lying on the floor but I could still move around. Maybe that’s how it acts when you already have cc immunity? I’m not sure.

Yeah, new bug, this was happening to me all day yesterday. It felt the stun was registering late and removing the stun did not function properly, all while being on the floor moving
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Hold up, what?

Yeah it's bugged on Xbox at least. Caluurions is proccing from light and heavy critical attacks.

https://youtu.be/7s_69G3013I

I used:
    Cloak -> Weaved light attack (CRIT PROC CALUURIONS) into Soul Harvest -> Swallow Soul
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 17, 2020 10:14PM
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    You want to say that incap shows its true face. It is sad. I shouldn't have hoped for the best.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Hold up, what?

Yeah it's bugged on Xbox at least. Caluurions is proccing from light and heavy critical attacks.

https://youtu.be/7s_69G3013I

I used:
    Cloak -> Weaved light attack (CRIT PROC CALUURIONS) into Soul Harvest -> Swallow Soul

Coming out of Cloak with a medium attack into soul harvest is my new favourite thing.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I realized I had a weapon damage instead of spell damage glyph on one my of jewellery pieces... duh. Anyways, if people like healing as a magblade (are there any left?) this has been performing well for me.

Basicly heal and put the fear traps down, if you see an opportunity jump someone with the cal proc. I'd say I average 200-500k damage and 400-950k healing per BG, it all depends. Typically 2-8 kills per BG and 1-4 deaths. Wish I could fit RAT for major expedition somewhere, any ideas?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=207332
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I realized I had a weapon damage instead of spell damage glyph on one my of jewellery pieces... duh. Anyways, if people like healing as a magblade (are there any left?) this has been performing well for me.

Basicly heal and put the fear traps down, if you see an opportunity jump someone with the cal proc. I'd say I average 200-500k damage and 400-950k healing per BG, it all depends. Typically 2-8 kills per BG and 1-4 deaths. Wish I could fit RAT for major expedition somewhere, any ideas?

Do you need cloak on both bars? Personally I'd take it off the front bar & replace it with Manifestation of Terror, then put RAT on the back bar. The only problem I'd have then would be that I'd want Concealed Weapon on the back bar as well. How much would it mess you up to have Healthy Offering on your front bar?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It feels like this build is attempting to take on too many roles. A bit confusing to me.

Darloc, Caluurion, and Balorgh as sets for a more healer-centric build feels off.

I've never found a scenario where I needed to double-bar Cloak either.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Do you need cloak on both bars? Personally I'd take it off the front bar & replace it with Manifestation of Terror, then put RAT on the back bar. The only problem I'd have then would be that I'd want Concealed Weapon on the back bar as well. How much would it mess you up to have Healthy Offering on your front bar?

Maybe I’ll try healthy offering on my front bar, I’ve never tried it.

I tried switching terror to my front but it didn’t perform as well. Idk, might just be muscle memory. As a healer I think I get targeted more, there’s one dude Bobbyingo who’s good who does a lot of BGs who always goes after healers, whenever I see him I run and sometimes a dodge roll or cloak is all that saves me. Bar swops can get interrupted so I need a quick cloak to survive sometimes.

About too many roles, well that’s sorta intentional. I’m going for a generalist playstyle to adapt to random groups. Like I just had a BG where it was 4 NBs with two under CP160. I can switch to full damage. We still lost horribly but I ended going 12-4. Sometimes I mostly heal, sometimes I’m mostly damage, but even healing I like helping the group burst when we push.

A meteor and cal proc won’t necessarily kill someone, but throw it in a push and it helps.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 20, 2020 5:25PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I’ll try healthy offering on my front bar, I’ve never tried it.

I tried switching terror to my front but it didn’t perform as well. Idk, might just be muscle memory. As a healer I think I get targeted more, there’s one dude Bobbyingo who’s good who does a lot of BGs who always goes after healers, whenever I see him I run and sometimes a dodge roll or cloak is all that saves me. Bar swops can get interrupted so I need a quick cloak to survive sometimes.
    I think if you give it a bit of time, having your CC on the front bar would work out better for you — especially since you're using Manifestation of Terror, as that's a more proactive stun rather than an "oh [snip]" stun. I also think you'll find that you won't need to dodge roll as often with all 3 skills (Cloak, RAT, and Concealed) on your back bar. (At least that's been my experience.)

You could also swap out the Darloc inferno for a Willpower for more damage & you wouldn't even notice the regen difference since you'd only ever be in cloak/sneak on your back bar. That's how I played the set at least — I was in permacloak on my back bar most of the match and only moved to my front bar when I went on the offensive. Healthy Offering is the only thing that might screw that up — I don't know how well that would work on the front bar.

In fact, you may even be better off with a Caluurion head or shoulder piece and a Willpower jewel/front bar. A constant 1752 mag & 206 spell damage is probably better overall than the short term burst you're getting with the Balorgh 2pc bonus. (If you do that you might consider trying a 1pc Domihaus, but I'm a sucker for max stats.) In any case, it might be worth looking into.

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 26, 2020 8:05PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really missed my magblade, so I caved and switched cloak to the heal morph. Changed my build to be a bit more tankier without sacrificing the damage I was used to. switched CPs to be more defensive against burst and physical, and suddenly im 1v3ing again.

Fun times again.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Really missed my magblade, so I caved and switched cloak to the heal morph. Changed my build to be a bit more tankier without sacrificing the damage I was used to. switched CPs to be more defensive against burst and physical, and suddenly im 1v3ing again.

Fun times again.

Can you 1v3 in no-CP? I can on some mag classes, so that’s always my standard of comparison. Like on a MagWarden I can 1v3 in no-CP wearing Zaan, Necro and BTB in 5 light. How much are you sacrificing for defense?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let y’all know since you all seem like some theorycrafting fiends, I mod a Facebook group called “ESO builds” if you’re ever wanting to bounce ideas off there. We have a little over 10k members but there’s a lot of activity and I’m always looking to talk mnb theorycrafting :)
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Just throwing this out there, in bgs healing ward + rapid + shade has been pretty effective. Downside of course it may not target you. But healing ward has not been a bad option to steath out and recover. I havent played much open world for a while so idk if it works for that.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there, in bgs healing ward + rapid + shade has been pretty effective. Downside of course it may not target you. But healing ward has not been a bad option to steath out and recover. I havent played much open world for a while so idk if it works for that.

Yea, I use healing ward quite a bit. It's inconsistent in BGs, what I usually do is healthy offering others and then apply it to myself. Rapid regen is great for solo or dueling, terrible in BGs though.

I'm resigned to using recrappy path again, IDK, I wish I could fit concealed weapon but at least there's a possibility of giving others major expedition.

Edited by Iskiab on March 23, 2020 5:11PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »

Yea, I use healing ward quite a bit. It's inconsistent in BGs, what I usually do is healthy offering others and then apply it to myself. Rapid regen is great for solo or dueling, terrible in BGs though.

I'm resigned to using recrappy path again, IDK, I wish I could fit concealed weapon but at least there's a possibility of giving others major expedition.

Yeah i wish those were self heals, i try and some distance before i cast those unless its a 911.

I would try what thankyourat said with blessing of restro for openworld i couldent get enough power out of it in bgs using cal. But can see it working better with cp and more stat dense sets.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Dunkelblitz

Fun times again.

Yepp I also have done this move, but I really miss cloak. Is there an other suitable replace for the heal morph to continue keeping cloak? Rapid regen is sadly not reliable.
    Playing on Xbox PvP with my MagBlade. FTP!!!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fun times again.

Yepp I also have done this move, but I really miss cloak. Is there an other suitable replace for the heal morph to continue keeping cloak? Rapid regen is sadly not reliable.

I find it pretty reliable but it would be nice if it was self-cast.

You just have to put in more effort when you use it (get LoS from teammates and enemies lol).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fun times again.

You just have to put in more effort when you use it (get LoS from teammates and enemies lol).

There’s always radiating regen. In a BG you sort of need to stick with your group, it’s half the healing per second but has the advantage of healing team mates.

If you want self sufficient healing in a group setting really it’s stam, MagWarden, magdk or magsorc these days.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 24, 2020 9:39PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fun times again.

There’s always radiating regen. In a BG you sort of need to stick with your group, it’s half the healing per second but has the advantage of healing team mates.

If you want self sufficient healing in a group setting really it’s stam, MagWarden, magdk or magsorc these days.

I don't think I've ran the other morph of Regeneration since Mutagen.

I also don't think I'd ever choose Dark Cloak.

After all the time using it since the update, Shadowy Disguise doesn't seem as broken on console as some on PC made it out to be.

It's been pretty reliable over the last few days, other than pets and the occasional gap closer spammer that pulls me out (which was intended).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fun times again.

After all the time using it since the update, Shadowy Disguise doesn't seem as broken on console as some on PC made it out to be.

It's been pretty reliable over the last few days, other than pets and the occasional gap closer spammer that pulls me out (which was intended).

Yea, dark cloak is hot trash. Ever since they buffed onslaught it’s been unusable, the HPS is low and cloak is your only chance of escaping someone using an alt. It works great in duels, but as soon as you’re fighting two people you’ll get overwhelmed.

I’m surprised you haven’t tried radiating regen, that’s sorta the status quo as mag on PC. Every mag will do maybe 200k healing with just radiating. There are also a lot of 1vX S&B mag specs in BGs, but they mostly get wrecked or carried... except the occasional magnecro tank can be okayish.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 24, 2020 10:50PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun times again.

Yea, dark cloak is hot trash. Ever since they buffed onslaught it’s been unusable, the HPS is low and cloak is your only chance of escaping someone using an alt. It works great in duels, but as soon as you’re fighting two people you’ll get overwhelmed.

I’m surprised you haven’t tried radiating regen, that’s sorta the status quo as mag on PC. Every mag will do maybe 200k healing with just radiating. There are also a lot of 1vX S&B mag specs in BGs, but they mostly get wrecked or carried... except the occasional magnecro tank can be okayish.

I think dark cloak is great, run troll king for some extra incoming heals, if you get targeted and troll king procs with sugar skulls you’ve got like 3k health regen, throw out a fear / shade away and you’re good. I haven’t seriously slotted cloak in a long time except to try out some trolly gank builds.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Fun times again.

I think dark cloak is great, run troll king for some extra incoming heals, if you get targeted and troll king procs with sugar skulls you’ve got like 3k health regen, throw out a fear / shade away and you’re good. I haven’t seriously slotted cloak in a long time except to try out some trolly gank builds.

Are you primarily solo? My issue with dark cloak is I mainly do BGs and try to stick with my group. I can’t shade away while supporting and dark cloak isn’t enough defense to relieve pressure, it’s more like flat extra tankiness. I get better results in BGs with shadowy disguise because I can cloak pressure off and stay near my group.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun times again.

Are you primarily solo? My issue with dark cloak is I mainly do BGs and try to stick with my group. I can’t shade away while supporting and dark cloak isn’t enough defense to relieve pressure, it’s more like flat extra tankiness. I get better results in BGs with shadowy disguise because I can cloak pressure off and stay near my group.

Yeah, I solo BG and openworld. In BGs I typically will throw on trans (still full protective from previous meta) w/ spinners and troll king / grothdaar depending if I need to be more support healing or damage and face tank groups while keeping path for expedition and heals and trans for my group
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of trying a pellblade healer. I'm not sure about the setup though, any advice?

I'm thinking of trying this:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=213602

Maybe instead I could use bloodspawn and dark cloak? Buff my health a bit?

The crit sucks big time, but the tooltips are a lot higher. If I go dark cloak I could try another set instead of darloc, but my sustain would suffer.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am trying Caluurion's on a magblade in small-grp stuff. (Disclaimer: I'm an average PVPer really trying to make NB work as I find it a fun class).

I'm running Slimecraw, Caluurion, and Spinner. I have about a 53% crit rate or so. Is that going to be high enough to reliably proc Caluurion?