Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Glitching the Hammer XBOX NA complaints

affermation
affermation
✭✭
So how many times must you report a player for glitching the hammer before ZOS actually cares enough to do something about it? multiple times Ep and DC have sent screenshots, videos and complaints that AD glitches the hammer with minor heroism so they have it for hours.....we have it for 15 minutes and lost it.

Does Zinnamax even play PVP or do they just don't care about this component of the game?
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😃
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp isnt a priority to Zos, it never has been and reporting a player for doing that wont get them banned or anything like that. It happened to me and i had no clue what was going on, i killed 3 ad took the hammer from them but it disappeared even though it said i had it. I didnt knew i glitched it hell i didnt even know it was possible i always play solo so i dont talk to people to know about those thing, i didnt think i would ever get the hammer since i am always by myself. But know i understand how i could have accidentally done it, sometimes i run traumatic poisons or heroism pots on my stam dk. Do i deserve to get reported for zos's mistake and incompetence of course not much less get banned for it because a wildly available buff exists in the game a buff mind you that synergizes really well with the class i play.Dont blame the people that are doing it blame the people that havent done anything about it. But long story short pvp barely makes money for them and imperial city is free nowdays so no this component of the game doesnt mean much to them dlcs and crown store comes first. Just look at the facts when was the last time Zos did a pvp focused dlc? Like 3 years ago if not longer whenever imp city got released. And now that they have year long stories i doubt they would use a dlc let alone a chapter to push pvp content, they would loose money.
  • HonestThumper
    HonestThumper
    ✭✭
    The same exact person/group every night “accidentally” keeping the hammer for hours. Multiple guilds have reported the two players exploiting the hammer. I really wish stuff like this was taken care of. I haven’t seen a game master in the five years I have played ESO. That would be a nice change as well.
    Edited by HonestThumper on March 24, 2020 1:36AM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you guys have any actual evidence they are exploiting?
  • HonestThumper
    HonestThumper
    ✭✭
    Besides the obvious every night and their guild bragging about it openly? No. Could I be wrong? Sure. Always a possibility, but isn’t that why we are here? I am sure if it was actually looked into, ZoS can find their own evidence. It isn’t that difficult.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Heroism is a glitch.

All I know is Blood Altar is OP.

Or just don't lose the hammer after 15 minutes lmao
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »

If you are intentionally using heroism pots to keep the hammer for hours at a time then that sounds more like an exploit than a glitch to me.

To your last point, the specific player on AD that most frequently does this also runs away from a fight faster than I thought the game would ever allow as soon as they are under any pressure so that they do not risk loosing the hammer that they want to keep for hours. Indeed, it is almost worth letting him have it for a few hours just for the laughs we have in group chat while he runs away. I won't post them on here so as to not name and shame, but on Band there have been a couple really funny memes about two AD players that frequently have the hammer running from fights with it. lol
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

If you are intentionally using heroism pots to keep the hammer for hours at a time then that sounds more like an exploit than a glitch to me.

To your last point, the specific player on AD that most frequently does this also runs away from a fight faster than I thought the game would ever allow as soon as they are under any pressure so that they do not risk loosing the hammer that they want to keep for hours. Indeed, it is almost worth letting him have it for a few hours just for the laughs we have in group chat while he runs away. I won't post them on here so as to not name and shame, but on Band there have been a couple really funny memes about two AD players that frequently have the hammer running from fights with it. lol

Sounds like a good player exploiting absolutely nothing. And I'm sure they'd be really sad to know the people failing to take the hammer from them were laughing.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a good player exploiting absolutely nothing. And I'm sure they'd be really sad to know the people failing to take the hammer from them were laughing.

It's just a video game. It doesn't really matter anyway if they need to exploit the hammer to take a keep, and I agree with you that they shouldn't feel sad at all that they need to run away from fights. Besides, after getting farmed at Alessia bridge for years it's probably a nice change of pace! lmao
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How are heroism pots an exploit?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you mean "heroism pots.com"
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

I think you mean "heroism pots.com"

😏
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@oXI_Viper_IXo In and of themselves, obviously they are not. Neither are AoE heals/damage until players are using them in ways not intended by the developers (for example, to glitch vAS).

A fairly clear and concise definition of what constitutes an exploit can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

So if a player is using them so that they can continue to hold and use Volendrung in Cyrodiil for hours at a time is that an exploit? I think it just depends if that is a mechanic that is working as intended by the developers, or not.

Where I have seen ZOS describe the mechanics around how the hammer works they make no mention of this method of keeping it long after it turns white from not gaining AP, and not killing the wielder. Only that it will be present for a minimum of 30 minutes, and that as time progresses it will require more and more AP until it kills the wielder.

Personally, I think it would be helpful if ZOS would respond and let us know one way, or the other.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@oXI_Viper_IXo In and of themselves, obviously they are not. Neither are AoE heals/damage until players are using them in ways not intended by the developers (for example, to glitch vAS).

A fairly clear and concise definition of what constitutes an exploit can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

So if a player is using them so that they can continue to hold and use Volendrung in Cyrodiil for hours at a time is that an exploit? I think it just depends if that is a mechanic that is working as intended by the developers, or not.

Where I have seen ZOS describe the mechanics around how the hammer works they make no mention of this method of keeping it long after it turns white from not gaining AP, and not killing the wielder. Only that it will be present for a minimum of 30 minutes, and that as time progresses it will require more and more AP until it kills the wielder.

Personally, I think it would be helpful if ZOS would respond and let us know one way, or the other.

They are able to keep it so long because when it drops, they have a guildmate pick it up immediately. The same person doesn't keep it for hours at a time.

Heroism pots to me just seems like part of optimizing your build specifically for running the hammer, which these players do.

Claiming people are exploiting is a rather bold claim.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya like claiming team purple is overtly trading emperor back and forth... Too bold. Too bold.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Ya like claiming team purple is overtly trading emperor back and forth... Too bold. Too bold.

Huh?
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are able to keep it so long because when it drops, they have a guildmate pick it up immediately. The same person doesn't keep it for hours at a time.

Heroism pots to me just seems like part of optimizing your build specifically for running the hammer, which these players do.

The PC folks posted in another thread a 7+ hour long video of one player with the hammer for the length of the video.

Are you saying that using minor heroism pots to reset the timer on the hammer is part of optimizing your build, or are you just talking about building ultimate? The player mentioned earlier in this thread that was bragging openly about glitching the hammer was talking about the former, not the latter.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The PC folks posted in another thread a 7+ hour long video of one player with the hammer for the length of the video.

Are you saying that using minor heroism pots to reset the timer on the hammer is part of optimizing your build, or are you just talking about building ultimate? The player mentioned earlier in this thread that was bragging openly about glitching the hammer was talking about the former, not the latter.

I've recently learned some info that leads me to believe this player is actually glitching the hammer, but it isn't because of the heroism pots.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're on the topic of XBOX NA complaints - how about also grabbing scrolls from the temple while the gates are closed?

Experienced that one last night, twice. Both times EP opened the gates and went to the Altadoon temple, and both times we managed to close the gates before they could grab the scroll.

I was there watching as it was happening the first time, dude kept trying to pick up the scroll even though he died each time, which is supposed to happen. I eventually got bored and left only to see the "X has taken the scroll" notification about 10 minutes later.

Considering both Fare and BM were yellow and the gate was closed, I was confused as to what was happening -- imagine how confused I was when I saw the scroll outside the temple, jumping out of the closed gate.

The scroll was glitched as well, the weird glitch you get when you pick up the scroll and die immediately after so that the scroll is still "on" the player after they rez, but you can't see or interact with it.

I'm assuming this was the whole point -- continually trying to pick up the scroll until they managed to both grab it and die simultaneously, thus allowing the scroll to glitch so they can rez with it and leave.

Once could have just been an overeager group, but then they did the same exact thing a second time.

I guess I can't even blame them though, considering this glitch has been in the game for a while and ZOS doesn't seem to care enough to do anything about it.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • HonestThumper
    HonestThumper
    ✭✭
    There is a lot to say about that but I believe it would be its own thread.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JayKwellen I’m not sure what exactly happened that night, but the player best known for glitching scrolls has been banned previously.