Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When do you think the new changes will end up on live if they go ahead and add them?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
When do you think we will see them in the game , what time table would you think it would be for these changes? Typically they do a months worth or several weeks worth of testing before they release. So if these changes work under that same diagram it might be sometimes in April. However given this is a new pattern it could possibly be at any time. So that is why there is a poll on this one. Because well its new uncharted territory so to speak.
Edited by Thevampirenight on March 26, 2020 4:54AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

When do you think the new changes will end up on live if they go ahead and add them? 44 votes

In a couple of Weeks.
6%
sirstonEasily_LostBobby_V_Rockit 3 votes
Sometime Next Month
9%
ThevampirenightNoxavianAptonothStevie6 4 votes
When Greymoor goes live.
50%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOTanis-Stormbinderolsborgkollege14a5KnightpantherOhtimbarFischblutGiantFruitFlyAsardesNarvuntienIrfindvestahlsTelvanniWizardWrathOfInnosHamish999AznoxSergeantJinxArgonianwerecroc212MykrizFierceSam 22 votes
The Dungeon Dlc after Greymoor.
6%
SinhalisWildRaptorXMaxJrFTW 3 votes
The Reach Dlc Forth Quarter.
2%
Sheepzy 1 vote
With the Combat Performance overhaul they have planning with the Cp reworking.
0%
Sometime next year.
2%
VoidCommander 1 vote
They are not going to add them in. Players have spoken loud and clear.
22%
HeyzertitscomptonblkjagFakeFoxTharonilzvavibmnoblealmightyalfoSephyrTheFM 10 votes
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    This is not what I really think, but I hope so.

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When Greymoor goes live.
    Big changes tend to come in with the chapters.

Although there is a big chance that the changes will be significantly changed from the current proposal something will change when it comes to basic attacks.

Code (a random set of numbers I don't remember) wrote a comprehensive criticism post about the changes in the PTS forums, that has been seen by ZoS I expect to see some changes in line with that. Straight complaining isn't as good as proposing an alternative.
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a couple of Weeks.
    I think there playing around with how much can they push. personally they wan't more players to use less ability's like destro Ults/Meteor/ large AOE's, cause server lag is mostly caused by them, and want to reward light attacks/heavy attacks. so you increase the damage to heavy attacks to numbers that make out put any skilled player can then nerf ability damage by "readjusting Armour's" you can see the buffs you get from some monster sets but you don't see is the invisible debuffs to your damage.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometime Next Month
    sirston wrote: »
    I think there playing around with how much can they push. personally they wan't more players to use less ability's like destro Ults/Meteor/ large AOE's, cause server lag is mostly caused by them, and want to reward light attacks/heavy attacks. so you increase the damage to heavy attacks to numbers that make out put any skilled player can then nerf ability damage by "readjusting Armour's" you can see the buffs you get from some monster sets but you don't see is the invisible debuffs to your damage.

They are reworking how Aoes work on the servers that will be released with Greymoor so they are rewriting them and that work is basically on track from what I understand to be released with Greymoor. So maybe that could be the reason but then Aoes are being reworked to be less stressful and that is going to help maybe not fix all it but help. According to the Greymoor live stream.
    I don't know for sure but it could be for any number of reasons maybe even trying to align more with the single player games for all we know.

So as to why they are doing it that is something we can post threads or talk about in threads to speculate on however if they do go through with these. I think its because of some other reason this time. Though performance could be a part of it as well so you could very well be right on the Aoe thing. Given the times we are in maybe this is just a stop gag measure till they can get Greymoor launched. *Shrugs*

I think they are trying to shake up the Meta though,. they could be doing this because of stagnancy and that might be one of the reasons for it as well. Or it could be for all three reasons. Trying to make it align more like Skyrim and Oblivion, Performance and to shake up possible stagnancy. Unless they actually communicate about this and their exact reasoning and thought process we might not one hundred percent know.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 26, 2020 6:25AM
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Judging by the backlash, they'd most likely be hopped up on skooma if they did.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometime Next Month
    Sephyr wrote: »

There is a chance they would make adjustments like that one change proposal that got the head combat persons attention. Which could be a likely change they will do to it and then make further adjustments and then release it sometime later. I doubt they are going to just can the whole thing but maybe make it better then the current pts version. That is what is most likely going to happen here. Maybe they will can it though time will tell. it would be wise for them to take feed back and suggestions from the Player base and make such adjustments to the changes then leave them in their current form. That way they show they can work with the player base on this instead of just adding these changes without feedback consideration.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 26, 2020 8:25AM
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

There is a chance they would make adjustments like that one change proposal that got the head combat persons attention. Which could be a likely change they will do to it and then make further adjustments and then release it sometime later. I doubt they are going to just can the whole thing but maybe make it better then the current pts version. That is what is most likely going to happen here. Maybe they will can it though time will tell. it would be wise for them to take feed back and suggestions from the Player base and make such adjustments to the changes then leave them in their current form. That way they show they can work with the player base on this instead of just adding these changes without feedback consideration.

I didn't say they were going to can it outright. I said they'd be hopped up on skooma if they did with the current iteration. This isn't exactly a new idea.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometime Next Month
    Next month duh. The month after new crate comes out new pts patch and leaks.
    Edited by Aptonoth on March 26, 2020 8:58AM
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a couple of Weeks.
    Hopefully soon.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Greymoor goes live.
    Major combat overhauls only happen when a new DLC/game version goes live. Greymoor will be live on Monday 18th May, so the actual PTS for that will start Monday 13th April since the PTS cycle is always 5 weeks long. So only 2 weeks till PTS. Clearly, there's not enough time to make those changes before Greymoor. IMO they will no go live in that state, and they will adjust the values by quite a lot. Reducing LA damage to 1/5 of their current value is certainly not a good decision. From my prior experience ZOS developer team announces extremely heavy handed nerfs, then backtracks a bit, so the community feels a bit better. This is a tactic also used by most governments when they pass new taxes or other laws :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where is the "I don't care" option

Quickly losing interest in this game anyway. I have patterns of losing interest anyway in all games, then in a few months start to care again. But all these stupid changes they insist on making does nothing to help me feel good about the game. If they want to kill their game, i'm not going to get upset about it.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Greymoor goes live.
    I have a hard time believing the code recently deployed to PTS is from an entirely different branch from what's coming next chapter. They probably just extracted it from Greymoor code to test it before Greymoor PTS.

As much as i disagree with the very reason to make these changes, i think they missed their goals with it and that people who hope to benefit from it will be disappointed.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Greymoor goes live.
    Although I really can’t see them making this deadline as I would imagine everything about Greymoor is locked down already.

Any change this drastic to combat would have to be reflected in the tutorial, which I imagine has been completed by now. I can’t see them bringing in a whole new Skyrim fan base, teaching them how to play then changing things up 3 or six months later.

So I guess it’s either Greymoor or next year.

It does seem clearer by the day that what ZOS meant by ‘performance improvements’ was not what players imagined. Players imagined that the improvement meant that they would be able to use the same skills in the same ways but suffer no lag/disconnects etc. What ZOS clearly mean is to modify combat so it produces less impact on the servers so that server performance is indeed improved but combat skills, techniques and experiences will be significantly altered as a result.

This doesn’t necessarily mean it will be worse or require less player skill to be good. But it will be different. And the fact that the primary concern will be impact on the server rather than player enjoyment is a worry (although the two are by no means mutually exclusive).
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are even more outraged about these changes than the proposed cast times on shields, if they put them in, it will be clear they have lost all touch to the community. Cyro is in flames over this, pve guilds are absolutely enraged about this, trial players are upset about this. The only people not upset about these changes are people who have refused to practice or adapt. If someone with rheumatic arthritis and eye issues can practice adapt and get better, anyone can.