Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RESISSTANCE HS ?

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
Someone should explain to me why I'm being *** (and yes, that's the most appropriate word!). To remind the modos the word exists in the dictionary!) I'm in full impenetrable with a Nordic and Bloodspawn on a DK and the resistance spells that go with it, but I get brutally *** in 2/3 moves, after a while you have to stop the *** and think a little bit about the PVP players!

When will this game work? It's getting worse and worse, you can't even play TESO anymore, now we've just had to endure it...

We should stop thinking that only tanks have the right to play this game please THANK YOU !!!

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, whatever word that is we do not see it due to the filters. Doubt the moderators will worry about it like this.

Second, and most important, unless you are going full PvP tank survival comes from actively avoiding and mitigating damage. Just standing there while fighting is a sure way to die.

Edit: I forgot about heals until iskiab noted it.
    Edited by idk on March 19, 2020 2:32PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    Someone should explain to me why I'm being *** (and yes, that's the most appropriate word!). To remind the modos the word exists in the dictionary!) I'm in full impenetrable with a Nordic and Bloodspawn on a DK and the resistance spells that go with it, but I get brutally *** in 2/3 moves, after a while you have to stop the *** and think a little bit about the PVP players!

When will this game work? It's getting worse and worse, you can't even play TESO anymore, now we've just had to endure it...

We should stop thinking that only tanks have the right to play this game please THANK YOU !!!

It’s because of onslaught, it lets people bypass all resistances.

Players being tanky has nothing, well almost nothing, to do with resistances. It’s about strong self healing combined with % damage reduction.

Basicly if you want to be tanky go for max stats, use lots of self healing and use abilities with % damage reduction or that negate damage. You’re just going about it the wrong way.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 19, 2020 2:33PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Cp or no cp ?

Im testing arround a lot with Bloodspawn but it feels not effective at all, having the feel that it’s highly overrated but I am also playing magicka builds only... if it doesn’t procc then it’s Basicly useless especially when you get bursted down a lot then a different option that gives you flat stats might be much better to run. Try skeleton for example for the flat 3k armor wich is allrdy half of the procc of Bloodspawn, also the procc makes you much more beefy than bs could ever make you

And like iskiab says % medigation > resis
    Edited by Lole on March 19, 2020 2:38PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »
    Cp or no cp ?

Im testing arround a lot with Bloodspawn but it feels not effective at all, having the feel that it’s highly overrated but I am also playing magicka builds only... if it doesn’t procc then it’s Basicly useless especially when you get bursted down a lot then a different option that gives you flat stats might be much better to run. Try skeleton for example for the flat 3k armor wich is allrdy half of the procc of Bloodspawn, also the procc makes you much more beefy than bs could ever make you

And like iskiab says % medigation > resis

It is, I wouldn’t say bloodspawn is bad on mag, but it isn’t good either.

What can make it decent is the Ult gen and stamina, the resistances aren’t good at all. I tested it up and down and the most uptime you’ll ever see is maybe 60%.

Heavy armour wearers can wear it well enough, but for light armour it’s pretty bad. Whenever you see someone saying, ‘blah blah blah I was hit for X amount of damage with 30k resists’, I can guarantee you they’re wearing bloodspawn.

Unless you play on PC you have no addons to track the uptime, so it makes sense people on other platforms have no clue what they’re talking about and all wear it. A lot of people play the uesp editor and not the game, and rarely try different combos.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 19, 2020 3:26PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is the best overall monster set in the game & it’s not even close.

But on topic , if I told people how much resistance I have in certain builds they wouldn’t believe me. High resistance comes in handy in certain situations for those who like to take the game slower but you still have to know how to take advantage of it. For me it’s easier to think I’m in a tanky spec when really I’m just very mobile and keeping my heals up.

No cp is a good place to work on your ability to stay alive too, cp really becomes a joke after you play no cp for awhile. The amount of mistakes you can make and people you can take on is comical.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pro-ish tip

straight mitigation through resistances is bunk in most cases, as its directly negated through pen, and thus can be rendered useless or at least less effective.

% mitigation from sources is far more effective, most of the time for ease of access compared to stacking armor and being able to maintain damage, such as

minor protection 8%
    major protection 30%
    vamp up to 33%
    necro 10% unique
    potentates 5%

etc.

and all that after pvp damage cut (50%) and CP (another ~30ish%) and before blocking.

for instance my vamp magicka necro in light armor (heavy chest though) has easy and constant access to everything in that list except major protection, in full light armor dps burst spec I take far and away less damage then people casually rocking full heavy armor thinking its going to reduce the damage they take.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

Just a rumor it’s clearly not the best monster set for squishy setups, especially not in no cp where thoose persons die to 3-4 hits...
    Most of the times it won’t even procc in thoose cases.
    It gets more and more better the more tanky you are cuz you actually give the set the chance to procc...
    Edited by Lole on March 19, 2020 6:34PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a rumor it’s clearly not the best monster set for squishy setups, especially not in no cp where thoose persons die to 3-4 hits...
    It gets more and more better the more tanky you are cuz you actually give the set the chance to procc...

Lol name a set right now that offers the same thing as bloodspawn. What other set covers that much ? I’ll wait. Don’t misconstrue what I said.

Staying alive isn’t just based on being tanky btw. You can be “tankier” and still die quicker than the person with less mitigation.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol name a set right now that offers the same thing as bloodspawn. What other set covers that much ? I’ll wait. Don’t misconstrue what I said.

Staying alive isn’t just based on being tanky btw. You can be “tankier” and still die quicker than the person with less mitigation.

Kena or straight stat sets. I use Balorg but only because I don’t have Kena in the weight I want.

If you’re already tanky bloodspawn is good, so like on a medium armour nord it’s great. If you’re in light you don’t have enough base resists to make it worth it.

Tankiness from % mitigation sources and increasing your healing tooltips has always worked better for me. Then stack hots to be tanky.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 19, 2020 6:59PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best damage mitigation is healing COUPLED with damage reduction from the one attacking you. Minor maim, CP damage reductions and so forth
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Kena or straight stat sets. I use Balorg but only because I don’t have Kena in the weight I want.

If you’re already tanky bloodspawn is good, so like on a medium armour nord it’s great. If you’re in light you don’t have enough base resists to make it worth it.

Tankiness from % mitigation sources and increasing your healing tooltips has always worked better for me. Then stack hots to be tanky.

That didn’t answer what I asked. Read it again.

• Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

I name it no problem, might be a secret to metapeople that copy pasta what others say or do but pirate makes you much tankier than bloodspawn... especially people that are extremly squishy get much more out of it...
    The only thing that made me actually interested in bs is the ultreg, I tested both and ran uptime tests and Tested what makes me much more beefy and surprisingly bs is not even a worthy challenger lmao

And as a magcro I am pretty tanky allrdy so bloodspawn actually works at its maximum potential

Edit:
    On some classes chudan can also outperform bs
    Edited by Lole on March 19, 2020 7:20PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I name it no problem, might be a secret to metapeople that copy pasta what others say or do but pirate makes you much tankier than bloodspawn... especially people that are extremly squishy get much more out of it...
    The only thing that made me actually interested in bs is the ultreg, I tested both and ran uptime tests and Tested what makes me much more beefy and surprisingly bs is not even a worthy challenger lmao

And as a magcro I am pretty tanky allrdy so bloodspawn actually works at its maximum potential

You’re still misconstruing what I said. I said overall. Not best tank set , not best damage or healing set but overall. It’s the difference between calling LeBron the best overall player but that doesn’t mean he’s the best shooter and that is a different topic.

I specifically separated that from the rest of my post for a reason and followed by saying “But on topic” to avoid this here. Because I know people just read without getting things because they’re eager to respond.

So again, there’s no set that’s going to offer mitigation, stamina recovery and ultimate regen that is converted to either damage, mitigation, sustain or utility. That is why it’s the best OVERALL set in the game.

• Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    And I think it’s not cuz it has 6% proccchance
    If it doesn’t procc then it gives you nothing besides some stamreg

The uptime is not good enough to make it the best overall set

Had to many fights where it didn’t prog at all but thx for the stamreg that I really need as a magcro
    Edited by Lole on March 19, 2020 7:46PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regard to question CP No CP, I am speaking in CP No CP.

After the debate on the quoted set can do this, although the set is far in the idea of the subject, but after whatever set, for me the resistance is not proportional/adapted to the damage one suffers.

Sometimes we have all the usual criteria; impenetrable tri-stat full and sometimes certain, a defensive class and yet have this fact to smash in 2/3 moves there is really a problem, well ok there are no CPs, but is really a reason for players with no CPs to die so brutally? and especially when the coarse immobilization favors the thing even more.

(as for the word that was censored: it
    's what a man can do without a woman's knowledge, sorry to bring it up like that, but censorship makes it so...
    )

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone uses onslaught or berserker on you it won’t matter how much resist you have. Damage mitigation wins out wether you attain it from skills, poisons, CP trees or armor sets that say reduce incoming damage by blank percent.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And minor maim is huge. Reduce a persons damage by 15%
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    It so happened that BS became just a stereotype. Resists is good in its own way, but damage reduction works against crits, so we can conclude that it has more potential. I think the combination of all the factors is good.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 20, 2020 5:30AM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn is as people have said, better for tankier setups. People wearing heavy armor or have 20-25k resistances without bloodspawn procced will be able to take more hits than build with 15k resistances. The reason is that when you have low resistances your best way to mitigate damage is to avoid damage and not facetanking multiple people but kite around and roll dodge. Since you are not getting hit that much then BS has low uptime because of its 6% proc chance and once it procs you will most likely be kiting or roll dodging incoming damage likr you are used to. The only build i use bloodspawn on is a pvp tank that is made to survive 10 people, since that many people are attacking me i proc BS almost always on cooldown instantly.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭

just use 2 resistance monstwr set, 100% up time