The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Huntsman Help!

Sindel910
Sindel910
I am at my wits end!!! I'm a pretty new player. I got the game back in 2015 and dabbled in it a bit, but very recently was the first time I really dove in, after I pre-purchased Greymoor and got all the previous expansions. Well, I made several new characters (I do have my level 21 Altmer sorceress as my main), one of my favorite things to do is create outfits for them. One gear piece I absolutely need to complete one of my character's outfits is the light-armor hood in the hunstman motif. It said I got it if I beat the March of Sacrifices dungeon. Easy enough. So I dropped the $15 and got the DLC to do the dungeon. And that's where everything went wrong. I attempted to do the dungeon solo with my level 21 Altmer because I thought it was doable and lord almighty I was severely wrong. So, the next thing I started looking for was a group to perhaps help/carry me in this dungeon so that I could complete it. I scoured EVERYWHERE. I asked several discords to no avail, tried joining guilds, even advertising my LFG needs in the Greenshade zone! Finally, I just decided to wait outside the dungeon entrance. Someone came by and I asked if they were going to attempt the dungeon and they said no at first, but then invited me along to do the dungeon with their friends. AND BLESS THEM! THEY DID! I finally got through the dungeon with this amazing and kind group. They even invited me to their guild! But when we beat the dungeon, that's when I noticed, you don't just learn all of the Huntsman style. No, you have to wait for a drop. And I DIDN'T EVEN GET A DROP! One of the people in the group was kind enough to gift me the axe motif. I felt so appreciative of them! But they finished the dungeon, and I'd feel extremely out of place asking them to do the same dungeon with me so I could learn the hunstman helmet motif. So, now I'm back where I started but with more information on how dungeon and motifs work. Still looking for a group, still torturing myself trying to learn this single motif for just one character. But I already spent the $15, so I'm not going back!

TLDR - I thought by just completing the March of Sacrifices dungeon, I'd learn the Huntsman motif, but I was wrong and can't find a group to run it several times with me until I got the Huntsman helmet motif.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform your on, but on PCNA the helmet motif is sold for somewhere around 50k at guild traders so you might be better off just grinding for some gold to buy it as opposed to trying to run that dungeon over and over hoping to finally get lucky and not only get a motif to drop, but also get the right one to drop, especially since there's not even a guarantee one will drop each time on normal and you'd need to do some serious leveling and gear grinding to have a hope of running that in vet unless you find/buy a carry and even then, could be forever till the helmet drops for you since you have a 1 in 14 chance each time a motif drops that it will be the helmet.

Edit to clarify the helmet motif goes for 50kish
    Edited by x48rph on March 18, 2020 1:47AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motif galore coming in about 3 weeks :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sindel910
    Sindel910
    x48rph wrote: »
    Not sure what platform your on, but on PCNA the helmet motif is sold for somewhere around 50k at guild traders so you might be better off just grinding for some gold to buy it as opposed to trying to run that dungeon over and over hoping to finally get lucky and not only get a motif to drop, but also get the right one to drop, especially since there's not even a guarantee one will drop each time on normal and you'd need to do some serious leveling and gear grinding to have a hope of running that in vet unless you find/buy a carry and even then, could be forever till the helmet drops for you since you have a 1 in 14 chance each time a motif drops that it will be the helmet.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that yesterday, I spent all my time on ESO going around to lots of different guild traders looking for this item and each one was just way to expensive. I'm also PCNA. How would I go about grinding for gold?
  • Sindel910
    Sindel910
    Asardes wrote: »

What's that mean???
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's lots of ways to make gold. Just doing crafting writs can get you a decent amount. For more ideas though, take a look here: https://dottzgaming.com/category/eso-guides/goldfarming-guides/

Also plenty of other good guides for you to look at on that site as well. Might want to check out the beginner section for lots of good tips while leveling.

For shopping on PCNA, you should take a look at the TTC website which should save you from running around to all the traders trying to find something: https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindel910 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that yesterday, I spent all my time on ESO going around to lots of different guild traders looking for this item and each one was just way to expensive. I'm also PCNA. How would I go about grinding for gold?

You could sell your Huntsman Axes. Axes go for about 15k to 20k while Helmets go for about 40k to 50k. So that alone will not be enough to afford helmets, but it is a good start.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

What's that mean???

The Anniversary Event.

It hasn't been officially announced ... but it's usually in the first part of April.

The reward boxes in the Anniversary Event contain random motif pages.

So, there will be a few more for sale if you can hold off until then, @Sindel910.
  • Sindel910
    Sindel910
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

You could sell your Huntsman Axes. Axes go for about 15k to 20k while Helmets go for about 40k to 50k. So that alone will not be enough to afford helmets, but it is a good start.

I wish I thought about that before I used them. :/