Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 25 - Feedback Thread for Battlegrounds Solo Queuing

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    mav1234 wrote: »
    And, in my dream of dreams

In my dream they even go as far as responding to their own feedback topic..

Less than a week to patch hitting live and still not a single response from ZOS. Topics about single gear set have multiple replies but disabling core game mechanic of grouping with your friends and guild mates aint worth their response. Priorities...

ICEHEART WAS ABSOLUTELY BRUTALY OVERPOWERED! WELL NERFED!

Now that I have attention, can we please have green response in this official feedback thread? It is the most drastic change of this patch and still not a single comment.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Less than a week to patch hitting live and still not a single response from ZOS. Topics about single gear set have multiple replies but disabling core game mechanic of grouping with your friends and guild mates aint worth their response. Priorities...

Now that I have attention, can we please have green response in this official feedback thread? It is the most drastic change of this patch and still not a single comment.

there's an entire thread about a crazy zero damage at low health / random heal / weird hp desync issue and it has gotten zero dev posts... but the developers did tell a stream team member that it is being fixed. yay for indirect communication? :\ Better than nothing I think. I just wish we could know what, if any, plans there are for this change.
    Edited by mav1234 on February 18, 2020 10:23PM
  • mikeb16_ESO77
    mikeb16_ESO77
    ✭✭✭

As I said before, at best we will get a more fleshed out dev comment when the patch goes live. I doubt we will se a green post in this thread.
  • Jyiiga
    Jyiiga
    ✭✭✭
    I just now found out about this. Had a friend whom had not played in several weeks log on. Asked them if they wanted to duo some. Then we found out the hard way that we couldn't play together anymore.

I think this might shove them right back out the door. This is a terrible change. Why would you push something like this to live so quickly? Why would you not offer alternative queues?
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds are more fun and competent like this. If you introduce any kind of grouping to it again, it will return to its older state, no matter what. People who dont want to invest much time to pvp or simply not good at it will say otherwise and will try to justify what they say with numerous arguments. I get people who want to play with buddies for fun but there were also so many duos and groups that were there just to kill solo players easily and get some sort of satisfaction out of it because they simply cant play half as good when they are alone. And any good two players does not compare to a duo. Duos are like: I am hitting with my ult bro, stun him at this exact moment. And boom, 30k coordinated hit without ability to block or dodge in a split second with two dizzy swings, two assaults one ultimate and a stun, That kind of coordination is what makes duos so much powerful than any two good players.

At this point, it has to be whether just solo queue or two different queues: solo and group (2-4) queue.
    Edited by albertberku on March 9, 2020 1:59PM
  • Lauribex
    Lauribex
    Soul Shriven
    Since the update I've noticed that my skills/attacks sometimes don't activate. Also, for some reason I'm getting my butt handed to me in almost every match. Sure, I wasn't the best in BG to begin with, but I was always on the top two from my team at least. Now I barely get kills. Seems to me it is super unbalanced.
    I really enjoyed playing BG, but now I might step away from it.
    Edited by Lauribex on March 11, 2020 9:23PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Now, there's no more getting stomped unless your team is just bad. It's just randoms vs randoms.
  • QueenofJesters
    QueenofJesters
    Soul Shriven
    I think there should be two queues: one for those that are solo only and one for how it was before (queue as 1-4). Premade teams were really and truly a very small part of Battlegrounds. By any means, they weren't winning every match I queued for or even a large part of them. It's nice to be able to play with people you're grouped with- not even to coordinate your builds. Most of us that group aren't making characters or adjusting builds with the friends we are grouping with even. I'd even be okay if you randomized which teams group members were on. It's just nice to have someone privately be able to view the match with you and help or just know what's going on. It's hard for say a veteran to take a noob into BG to show them the ropes now as well. Battlegrounds wasn't broken before, so it'd really be nice to have the original queue option back. If there's really that many people who only want solos, then give them a separate queue option. If you keep only a solo queue, you're alienating the people that choose to group. If you keep a group option queue, you're still allowing solo players and group players a chance at BG. If you're only choosing one queue option, put the original queue back (with the randomize group players teams to make solo players happy if you must).
  • Nacho2596
    Nacho2596
    Soul Shriven
    I recently introduced my friend to the game and we were most excited about being able to do BGs together. Coincidentally the day he started playing was the day they restricted BGs to solo queue only. I can see the benefits of a solo queue, In fact when I'm playing by myself it's pretty nice being able to join a match with a bunch of random people. However when my friends are online, we are at a loss as to what to do. We wanted to BG, and that is no longer something we can do together.
    Eliminating the option to play the game with friends defeats the purpose of being called a massively "Multiplayer" online role playing game. I want to be able to play with my friends when they are online.
    The best solution I can think of, and many have posted about this solution already, is to create two separate queues.
  • Nacho2596
    Nacho2596
    Soul Shriven
    It also doesn't help that 50% of the time when I enter a bg my team doesn't get filled all the way, leaving our team at a serious game-breaking disadvantage.
  • z0mbeh
    z0mbeh
    So came back after a long break, my wife and I enjoyed playing BG together... Go to queue up tonight only to find that its SOLO only??? Why would I want to sit beside my wife or play with friends in different lobbies, I'm pretty sure no multiplayer game ever has done this. How did something like this even hit live? Simply add a group and solo queue, instead we get this 'testing' line of bs with no response for months, that leaves me with little confidence that this is being looked at.

I can say that we won't be purchasing your upcoming expansion if this isn't reverted, what's the point of having an MMO that you cannot play one of our favorite modes with friends/family/guild...
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the biggest problems i have atm is, that bgs lack any teamplay at the moment. The meta classes have almost 0 cross healing due to vigor changes, so people dont rely on each other anymore. Bgs are alot more chaotic.

I think if we make bgs solo/duo que only with one duo max per team, that duo will lead the way and the 2 randoms can either decide to follow and team up or solo around. Having at least 1 reliable teammate would be nice and if your solo queing you can stick to that duo and try to synergize with them.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Dava
    Dava
    Soul Shriven
    I don’t like to play bgs anymore.just getting low level guys in my team & extreme pro‘s in opponents Team. They do nothing just dying und don’t unterstand the Modi they Play. BGS are dead for me
  • Furi_Ous1
    Furi_Ous1
    Soul Shriven
    My bestfriend and I have recently decided to play ESO literally for the first time a few weeks ago. We're both WOW nerds and are honestly really burnt out with it. This game, so far, to me has been WAY more enjoyable and immersive than WOW has been in quite awhile. Sure a few things here and there are annoying and certain functions aren't as smooth as they could be (jumping, having to re position to loot an item, etc) but honestly, easily overlooked with how much fun I have been having with the content and I haven't even hit end game gearing/crafting and the like.

We, like many others in this post, love PVP. It has always been a big draw for us in whatever game we play. ALL games will always have some type of "balancing" issues. Whether that balance comes from new items/gear/specs or ability changes, there will always be a voice saying something isn't balanced.

TLDR Just read this: Entirely removing the option to party up with your friends or even just A friend.. In an MMO.. due to complaints of a few in regards to premades being an issue is completely, absolutely the wrong approach. I'm truly not trying to be rude here but there are plenty of options to fix this problem that myself and a plethora of others are suggesting, you can even copy paste from other successful PVP games approaches (Rated BGs, matching parties of 3+ against each other, make a duos que, ETC). Please, Please! re-Introduce group PVP, not being able to group up and partake in one of the funnest aspects of a game like this to us, is the only thing holding us back from completely maining this game over others, which we would love to do.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if we make bgs solo/duo que only with one duo max per team, that duo will lead the way and the 2 randoms can either decide to follow and team up or solo around. Having at least 1 reliable teammate would be nice and if your solo queing you can stick to that duo and try to synergize with them.

Indeed. That what was making duo even more funnier than 4man runs.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is ridiculous to not be able to group with friends in an MMO.
    Create separate queue for solo and team play please.
    Or create a solo arena to pacify those who can't coordinate their play.

This was the very first reply to this thread, and I quoted it because it's basically solving the problem.

I was barely getting interested in BG - I loathe PvP.

Yes, I didn't really enjoy facing "expert" groups which would queue and re-queue and mostly mop up. BUT it was more fun facing them when I was playing in a group of friends and we could deal with stuff "together".

By myself?

Haven't played since.

YMMV
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • RezecNoble_ESO
    This is the dumbest change I have ever seen. MMORPG's are meant to be played with a group. How did this make it to LIVE?
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    I usually understand why some changes are popular/unpopular and I get that you can't satisfy all ppl. But this one is just... idiotic. Every multiplayer game has the possibility to group with friends. That's their point. The only valid argument for this would be the faster queuing time but basically killing any coop play for it is just horrible.

The "balance" argument is just "epic". I play with my wife and kids. Last battleground I was purple, one of my kids green and my wife and the other red. Tell me how is it balanced to see in the monitor next to me that one of them went invis? Or that is trying to flank? Also tell me how is it fun for me to go against the exact ppl I want to play WITH? Also tell me how is it fun for me to be forced to play cyrodil where small groups are... not effective (not to mention this forces us into the same alliance killing any character identity we want to create for some of us).

How the hell did this make it live? I get most ppl play solo because... well... daily. But come on... is an mmo. If I wanna play solo I'm sure there are better single player options.

Well... could rant for hours on this but the main idea is the change is terrible from every perspective except queue time. Pls. add a team queue like hundreds of posts suggested.
  • z0mbeh
    z0mbeh
    PTS notes are out with no comment on this solo queue issue. How do you make an ‘official thread’ and then never respond to the issue
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was hoping we'd get the group queue in Greymoor. But nope. I really miss playing BG's with my friends.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were told this was an experimental change... but we've not heard anything official about it since . Could we please get some kind of comment?
  • SToneZ_
    SToneZ_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys i just went on the PTS and instead of just saying random battlegrounds like on live, it says SOLO Battleground queue
    There is hope. it wouldn't let me queue with someone in a group and a group queue was missing. but hopefully they just haven't added it yet.
    60vhgdpc961v.png
    Edited by SToneZ_ on April 20, 2020 11:19PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome find! I'm downloading the PTS to try stuff out and glad you saw this.
  • z0mbeh
    z0mbeh
    Still no word on this?
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    I played eso around when summerset came out and duoing with my friend was the most fun I've had in this game. Wanna know what I do now? Farm briarhear for 3 hours a day. If something isnt changed I cant see myself playing this game 3 months from now. Facing premades was not fun, but solo queuing is worse.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it is so annoying to see them go more and more into Elder Solo Online. I just get exhausted trying to argue with people over this and why solo que is a terrible idea.
  • z0mbeh
    z0mbeh
    And here we are with the patch released, no changes to bg other than 2 fixes and changing the name to solo. No comment from devs on this, I guess that name change solidified that we are stuck with solo only queue.
  • Nacho2596
    Nacho2596
    Soul Shriven
    *Sigh* I am so disappointed in these patch notes. I truly believed the devs would have some common sense and allow people to play an "online multiplayer game" with their friends. Turns out "sense" is not so "common".
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to play battlegrounds occasionally with my guild friends for the fun of it. We were terrible, but we had a great time.

I quit them when this change was implemented. I hate pvp. The only fun I had in bg was playing them with my friends.

I understand the complaints about the pre-made groups, but understand that there were also a lot of us who played with friends for fun, who can't anymore.

I'll never go in bg again unless this is changed.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    my friend quit pvp alltogether because of this stupid change. we played together. now we cant.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"