Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BRP duel wield over tuned?

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Daffen wrote: »
    The reason BRP dual wield stays as it is and why pirate skeleton got nerfed is because of the possibilities the different sets give you. BRP dual wield major protection only lasts 3 seconds when you use blade cloak, this means its little time to heal up while its active and to deal damage while its active.

Pirate skeleton used to be the best defensive monster set for some builds resulting in them waiting it for proc then having 10 seconds to both heal and deal damage to the other player. Having more mitigation than the other player while trading blows results in the non-pirate skeleton user to go defensively first since they take more damage which makes the one using pirate skeleton getting the upper hand.

You simply cant cast blade cloak and use the next 3 seconds to deal enough damage to kill players (maximum 1 bar swap and 3-4 abilities with no cast time if you use every gcd).

It is also hard to reach high uptimes on major protection with BRP dual wield becuase you dont really recast it ever 3 seconds but rather when you know you will take alot of damage or if you are low health. This usually results in a total 20-25% uptime if you use it actively while pirate skeleton was able to easily reach 50-70% uptime with no effort.

More like pirate smelly was used predominantly by mag and stam whined about it.

Most of the times when people whine about something being a ‘carry set’ or overtuned they’re whining about something they don’t want to use or can’t do:

Proc sets = I go for max stats so wouldn’t use it, and already have burst so don’t need it.
    Defensive sets = I play a tanky class and like having my advantage, if other classes can be as tanky as me it erodes why I chose my class
    High Healing = I play tanky with onslaught in a spec with good defense and healing, please nerf everyone else so I can kill people because if I don’t during onslaught I’m pretty much useless

Most opinions on the forums are about trying to convince people to play in a way the person knows they’ll win against

Every stam build used it too lmao. It was absolutely a carry set, do you not see the issue with a 2 pc set giving 80% uptime on major protection?

Isn’t duel wield BRP a 2 pc set giving you a 100% on demand major protection? Sounds like a carry set, too. At least Pirate Skelly at the time had a Minor Defile that was unpurgeable. So many players liked to overlook the unpurgeable part, though.

It's not in the same realm of overpowered as pirate skeleton was, but I'm all for nerfs towards the stupid amounts of mitigation ZOS has added over the years.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    The reason BRP dual wield stays as it is and why pirate skeleton got nerfed is because of the possibilities the different sets give you. BRP dual wield major protection only lasts 3 seconds when you use blade cloak, this means its little time to heal up while its active and to deal damage while its active.

Pirate skeleton used to be the best defensive monster set for some builds resulting in them waiting it for proc then having 10 seconds to both heal and deal damage to the other player. Having more mitigation than the other player while trading blows results in the non-pirate skeleton user to go defensively first since they take more damage which makes the one using pirate skeleton getting the upper hand.

You simply cant cast blade cloak and use the next 3 seconds to deal enough damage to kill players (maximum 1 bar swap and 3-4 abilities with no cast time if you use every gcd).

It is also hard to reach high uptimes on major protection with BRP dual wield becuase you dont really recast it ever 3 seconds but rather when you know you will take alot of damage or if you are low health. This usually results in a total 20-25% uptime if you use it actively while pirate skeleton was able to easily reach 50-70% uptime with no effort.

Most of the times when people whine about something being a ‘carry set’ or overtuned they’re whining about something they don’t want to use or can’t do:

Proc sets = I go for max stats so wouldn’t use it, and already have burst so don’t need it.
    Defensive sets = I play a tanky class and like having my advantage, if other classes can be as tanky as me it erodes why I chose my class
    High Healing = I play tanky with onslaught in a spec with good defense and healing, please nerf everyone else so I can kill people because if I don’t during onslaught I’m pretty much useless

Most opinions on the forums are about trying to convince people to play in a way the person knows they’ll win against

Every stam build used it too lmao. It was absolutely a carry set, do you not see the issue with a 2 pc set giving 80% uptime on major protection?

where do you get the 80% from?

Hey, he must have been using it because everyone was right? Not at all suspicious since he has no idea what the uptime was in a best case scenario.

i dont see a lot of DW runnin around PC NA either.

i am using it now, trying to get comfortable and see how far i can get in a 2H/DW setup. maybe im not doing it right to use this skill...

Put a proc set on your front bar and BRP DW on your healing/defensive bar. When you need to counter burst or heal up hit it then vigor.

Major evasion is hard to get on heavy armour and handy vs all high burst classes except sorcs. What makes it good is one part the protection, and one part just quick cloak in general for defense.

Block slows you down, and classes like stamsorc rely a lot on speed for their defense. That’s why it’s a stamsorc staple. Quick cloak will also proc a weapon damage enchant from your back bar, so I like MH Nirn, OH infused weapon damage daggers. Daggers just because it increases crit to max the healing.

5 piece briarheart or something like that, breaking it on your back bar for BRP DW or something like that.

I’ve switched to using all mag, just had some experience from when I had a stamwarden.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 28, 2020 12:55PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To simply answer the title question:
    Yes
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    off healing is overtuned purge is overtuned.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro gets deaden pain with major protect and a heal for 0 cost, sword and board blocking makes major protection look like nothing in comparison, you can use ransack and get major fracture and minor protection for 15 seconds for 1k stam cost. Brp Dual wield at least requires some sort of understanding combinations to use on a terrible backbar weapon option, whilst sword and board offers ridiculous survivability by simply holding 1 button. When you actually compare it potentates sword and board is actually much better in nearly all situations.
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Pirate Skeleton is very underestimated for today, when people were given the opportunity to resist Defile by increasing healing. When this set was nerf, the healing was of a very different level.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12/15 = 0.8

Hey, he must have been using it because everyone was right? Not at all suspicious since he has no idea what the uptime was in a best case scenario.

Yeah damn straight I was using it. Why wouldn't I when it gave 2 pc bonus in the 1 pc and it gave 80% uptime in major protection (auto procs too without needing to do anything). Imagine if there was a monster set which gave 2 pen bonuses in the 1 pc and 80% uptime on major berserk. People like you would be screeching for it to be nerfed.

what 12/15?

3 sec out of 15 sec isnt 12/15....

i dont get it.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12/15 = 0.8

Yeah damn straight I was using it. Why wouldn't I when it gave 2 pc bonus in the 1 pc and it gave 80% uptime in major protection (auto procs too without needing to do anything). Imagine if there was a monster set which gave 2 pen bonuses in the 1 pc and 80% uptime on major berserk. People like you would be screeching for it to be nerfed.

what 12/15?

3 sec out of 15 sec isnt 12/15....

i dont get it.

Oh, I was referring to pre-nerf pirate skele, not BRP DW.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if people defending BRP are uneducated or they simply try to false the facts. They say 3s of major protection is very short, but the whole point of this combination is ON DEMAND. You can stay offensive most of the time but when YOU NEED it you can just throw major protection, major evasion and major expedition with just one very cheap cast, then heal up. LOL. 3 MAJOR BUFFS with one cast is very balanced yeah. Pfff... Freaking hypocrites. Carry set nothing more, you won't ever get any respect for using it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I don't know if people defending BRP are uneducated or they simply try to false the facts. They say 3s of major protection is very short, but the whole point of this combination is ON DEMAND. You can stay offensive most of the time but when YOU NEED it you can just throw major protection, major evasion and major expedition with just one very cheap cast, then heal up. LOL. 3 MAJOR BUFFS with one cast is very balanced yeah. Pfff... Freaking hypocrites. Carry set nothing more, you won't ever get any respect for using it.

Yep.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd argue that stacking damage mitigation is more effective than SnB blocking in most situations. Not only does blocking slow you down significantly, but it also suppresses your stam recovery and will not protect you from dots. Imo blocking works best when you're dueling someone. When there's more than 1 opponent, blocking drains your stamina super fast and will usually work against you unless you only use block for several hard hitting ultimates. Stacking damage mitigation in that scenario is more favorable because you can now move freely and benefit from stamina recovery. Not only that, but you'll also take less damage from dots, which is a huge benefit over blocking. If you play a tanky class like necro, or stack 35k+ resistances and use brp dw, you don't even need to hold block lol.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every decent stam toon was using pirate skelly the patch before it got nerfed.

healing was so overtuned at the time so why not?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BAWITDABAW
    BAWITDABAW
    Soul Shriven
    ability_necromancer_011_a.png
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    I'd argue that stacking damage mitigation is more effective than SnB blocking in most situations. Not only does blocking slow you down significantly, but it also suppresses your stam recovery and will not protect you from dots. Imo blocking works best when you're dueling someone. When there's more than 1 opponent, blocking drains your stamina super fast and will usually work against you unless you only use block for several hard hitting ultimates. Stacking damage mitigation in that scenario is more favorable because you can now move freely and benefit from stamina recovery. Not only that, but you'll also take less damage from dots, which is a huge benefit over blocking. If you play a tanky class like necro, or stack 35k+ resistances and use brp dw, you don't even need to hold block lol.

should i put both BRP swords with the mitigation trait?
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    On demand major protection for a little cost is ok,.
    Pirate skeleton with rng 8% chance nerfed for being to strong???

Who cares though? Anyone who actually plays the game at a high skill level is gone anyways.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tried it again last night.

i couldnt make it work.

it's just so much easier to bring a shield and hold block when i need to. i got Psijic RAT on front bar if i need that mobility burst, and I got Cauterize on back bar for a healthy 10k heal per 5sec. With shield passives, i survive more.

the DW BRP would worth more had it been mroe than 3 sec..... but then again, Blade Cloak needs some nerf to balance the strength of this set.

i guess it just doesnt work with my playstyle.