The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magsorc pvp

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I've recently returned to eso and not played mag sorc in a long while, are they competitive in pvp or best left in the past?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer is quite strong overall, regardless of what type of PvP you're doing; Battlegrounds, solo Cyrodiil, group Cyrodiil, CP, no-CP...whatever. It's not exactly the godmode that some people make it out to be, but it's probably the #1 overall Magicka setup for offense in the vast majority of patches (Stamina is king, and has been for a very long time, but Mag Sorcs stand a better chance of competing than most other Mag setups do).
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they deserve a nerf
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP as a whole is not worth playing at the moment, as the inputs don't work properly since last patch. Bad time to come back.
    Balance-wise, magsorc clearly stands over the rest of the magicka classes, but loses hard to four out of six stamina classes. Only saving grace is you can streak away if you meet those classes, but this will cause them to gapclose to the forum and whine how unfair it is that their easy kill got away.
    Wait it out for Greymoor if you have other games to play, is my advice.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mag sorc is easy A tier in pvp. only stamcro shines atm in S tier.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very strong, I think this patch they'll move up to join the big boys as one of the strongest pvp healers too with templar and warden.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    PvP as a whole is not worth playing at the moment, as the inputs don't work properly since last patch. Bad time to come back.
    Balance-wise, magsorc clearly stands over the rest of the magicka classes, but loses hard to four out of six stamina classes. Only saving grace is you can streak away if you meet those classes, but this will cause them to gapclose to the forum and whine how unfair it is that their easy kill got away.

looks like magicka is being thought/designed for group play... and that was unasked for
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭

Are we playing the same game? I'm playing from Argentina with a regular 200+ ms (as always since release) and I'm having a great time and inputs are responding well.
    Having lots of fun in cyrodiil.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »

Are we playing the same game? I'm playing from Argentina with a regular 200+ ms (as always since release) and I'm having a great time and inputs are responding well.
    Having lots of fun in cyrodiil.

It's not lag/latency, it appears to be some form of bug.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Magicka Sorcerer is quite strong overall, regardless of what type of PvP you're doing; Battlegrounds, solo Cyrodiil, group Cyrodiil, CP, no-CP...whatever. It's not exactly the godmode that some people make it out to be, but it's probably the #1 overall Magicka setup for offense in the vast majority of patches (Stamina is king, and has been for a very long time, but Mag Sorcs stand a better chance of competing than most other Mag setups do).
    That’s true Godmode is Templar now
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭

What do you suggest for solo no-cp magsorc? gearwise?
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

Throwing my lot in with these. All of this is pretty much true for 1vX CP Cyro.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few non-constructive and baiting posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding,
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    Sungod wrote: »

What do you suggest for solo no-cp magsorc? gearwise?

Yep I run MagSorc, always have. It's steady! I'd say go Brightthroat and Alfiq with spring loaded, or Alfiq and Shacklebreaker with gold food are safe bets. Malcolm has some great ideas for builds you could referrence...
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=GuDfoLK1myQ
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭

completely disagree
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I've recently returned to eso and not played mag sorc in a long while, are they competitive in pvp or best left in the past?

best left in the past bud, wouldn't go near it if i was picking the game up again.
    Literally every ability that they have is worse than years prior over years of persecution.
    this is coming from someone who has left the game over the headache that the developers were giving me to my sorcerer and nb, absolutely zero respect towards strict dps classes and thus favoring the game for the others, just my thoughts!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing I don’t like about magsorc atm is it seems like bar swop doesn’t work a lot. I only notice it on my magsorc, I haven’t figured out why yet, it might have something to do with the block changes effecting a magsorc ability? IDK.

I also think MagWarden is right up there with magsorc.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 7, 2020 5:23PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten