Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVE healing still needs nerfs

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facts > feelings
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't

Go play that other game if you think it's so much better
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

After removing a few baiting and off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding,
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what game you guys are playing but healing (the act of filling a health bar) is easier than ever. max mag food with triple infused jewellery gives insane heals. the majority of trials can be heal solo healed by any competent healer. The so called nerf to orbs and springs just made it easier for more people to do. Cast one orb and wait till its gone; lay a single grand healing (which got buffed) Mutagen hits 3 people now. Healing is brain dead easy. So much so that healers now go full debuff. It's really hard to fail at keeping people healed in today's meta.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dunno what game you guys are playing but healing (the act of filling a health bar) is easier than ever. max mag food with triple infused jewellery gives insane heals. the majority of trials can be heal solo healed by any competent healer. The so called nerf to orbs and springs just made it easier for more people to do. Cast one orb and wait till its gone; lay a single grand healing (which got buffed) Mutagen hits 3 people now. Healing is brain dead easy. So much so that healers now go full debuff. It's really hard to fail at keeping people healed in today's meta.

While you're 100% right about this, it's important to remember the great and wide disparity in player skill/experience. I can go full debuff healer in really skilled groups where dps aren't seemingly determined to take every bit of damage available to them and where the other healer is experienced enough and strong enough to make up for my lost heals. However, the majority of groups are going to be full of players still learning the content or their role or how to not potato. Those aren't the groups where I can bebuff, and I usually have to dial it back a bit to throw out more heals to cover for player error. Most DPS, and even a fair amount of tanks, are like my own little heal-check.

TLDR; Healing is crazy strong and super easy for experienced healers, and yes, does allow for even bad healers to fake it through content, but it's still a struggle during progression.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is also in PvP
    i have never seen healing this bad before in the entire History of eso.
    last night after about 30 minutes of fighting a mass Tank widdled down to about .01% health and he was right on the edge of death i just needed one mmore damage ability on him and he ran and as he ran he clicked the 1 heal and instantly he was at 60% health again.
    that is disgusting.
    and in addition they are able to do just as much or even sometime builds More damage output than others.
    its not fair gameplay.
    it should be that the more you can heal, then the less damage you should be able to do.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    healers have to understand that their role is not only to heal but to keep alive their mates. They are a support. So, they have to give the ressources (stamina/magicka) and shields to prevent heals.

Most of all DD and tank have a selfheal in dungeon/trial, but they need a support to stay OP 100% time.

Edited by Xarc on March 5, 2020 8:01PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find that much better than the extremely rigid and restrictive systems of other games. Much better than the dev saying you have access to these skills and only these skills.

it can be, but there are pros and cons to both systems, the more free system will be vastly harder to balance and ESO shows this. ESO's balance is bad. it might not be the WORST, but you can't really claim it's balanced for PVE.

ZOS could do a better job with it, but they havent fixed bugs which have been ruining dungeon runs for 6 years so sadly I can't hold my breath on that.

you can choose to agree with me or you can choose to claim that what I may or may not have bothered to complete so far invalidates my opinion, but regardless of which, it has nothing to do with the thread's actual subject, which is whether or not healing needs a nerf.

the answer to THAT is a clear resounding OF COURSE NOT. neither healer healing nor healer dps needs a nerf.
    Edited by dazee on March 5, 2020 10:11PM
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Jiav
    Jiav
    Soul Shriven
    imo one issue is also the non existent health scaling, HP pools for the most part in PVE stay the same from 1 to 50, unless you are a tank, however the amount of healing you can dish out will obviously scale way up, meaning you can pretty much heal almost everyone up to full instantly, especially in this game where basically every player has access to a very powerful self heals as well

as another issue that means that monster damage will stay on the relative same level as well, to balance out the always stagnate player HP pool

however fixing this issue is another beast and simply nerfing healing would be a much easier pick to implement, butsince the game is essentially a casual driven game, i doubt this will happen as well