Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats good with magblades these days?

• Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Vulnerability and off balance are completely different effects.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bad, im thinking of concussed.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »
    Lotus does not apply off balance. Concealed from stealth and Tactician passive are the only ways to set an enemy off balance as magblade.

It does apply minor vulnerabilty though, which aside from the cp point passive for extra damage to off balance, is the same status effect.

I think Rinai’s right. Off balance returns more resources when you heavy attack and stuns them with a heavy/med attack. Plus potential bonus damage from CPs.

They sprinkled off balance on almost everything. Weird magblade only has concealed.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 17, 2020 7:38PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade in pvp is just another two-hander user, so might as well go with a better class for stamina pvp. Can get a better fear than stamblade's via Turn Evil with Fighter's Guild.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do what I do, suffer and become great at using shade in the process
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP, Magblades are really only useful as Bomblades these days IF you can get lucky enough to find a large group where no one is running any of the myriad stealth counters. However, most players are aware enough of this bomblade setup, so that play-style instantly gets less effective after the first successful/failed bomb attempt. They can net you some alliance points, but they don't help your alliance win the campaign really.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m running 1pirate, 1 chudan, 5 new moon, front bar willpower, back bar endurance.
    Breton w/ 1 reduce cost, 1 recovery, 1sp dmg, lover mundus, sharp destro staff & citrus fillet

I mainly do bg’s, I do end up kill stealing w/impale sometimes. It’s more of a range dmg focus, but I still run fear, meteor, assassin’s will combo, & just poke with swallow soul at range, I’m tanky enough to get out & fear->cloak & I think I do ok. But it would be much easier to be competitive on a stamden. Magblade isn’t a class that can do well solo in bg’s, you really have to play off of your teammates & focus the targets they are focusing & time fear or combos well.

Open world cp Cyrodiil is actually harder b/c players have bigger heals & are more tanky so solo play Cyrodiil is almost impossible.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing. Perhaps ganking with friends and attacking lover amount of players than you are.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    I'm not dismissing Darloc out of hand. I have tried it for farming Psijic on my DK and I briefly tried it on my magblade in PvP.

In PvE I found it "meh". You still aggro mobs, just less easily.

In PvP, on a magblade, it's pointless:

(1) Crouch is not invisibility. Cloak is far superior. If you're cloaking, you don't need Darloc to sustain crouch running.

(2) It's no use in combat. You're not crouching in combat. Skills knock you out of crouch.

So you like it to cloak away and recover? That might be reasonable, if it weren't for Meditate. If you're into that playstyle, you're IMO far better off wearing a damage set plus all damage glyphs, while using Cloak / Shade + Meditate for sustain.

I see what you’re saying, I haven’t tried it in practice but I think you could make a darloc build still. You’d just have to build around it somehow.

It’s the combination of speed from vampire, dampen and rat not breaking stealth, plus some attacks not taking you out of crouch that creates the build opportunity. Darloc gives resources when you’re crouched, not stealthed. Vampire would be required.

When my new magblade on DC is ready for pvp I’m planning on testing it out further.
    Hey, Darloc Brae fans. From the PTS patch notes:

"Darloc Brae: Fixed an issue where this set could activate while Shield Wall or its morphs were active."

This changes things. Still not sure it's much use, since offensive ults are always preferred, but this could be an interesting option for sustain on live ... while it lasts.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And in the same spririt: Hey Zaan fans, look at this:

"Elf Bane: Increased the duration bonus of this set to 5 seconds, up from 2."
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont see this one making it to live. Ifeel like every mag settup will be built around elfbane. Though would probably be fantastic for mag dks
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I dont see this one making it to live. Ifeel like every mag settup will be built around elfbane. Though would probably be fantastic for mag dks

Maybe in PvE but you won't make much use of the extra time in PvP unless it's against taters.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe in PvE but you won't make much use of the extra time in PvP unless it's against taters.

I mostly agree with you but im just imagining a heal sustain and tanky build just waiting for that zaans proc and then fear bow proccing. Could get pretty cheesy. Infact i already have the build in my head and it would be downright cheap and mean.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave up on Zaan, because I find a hybrid melee + ranged playstyle much more effective on magblade. I think it may suit a Talon and Fossilize spamming DK better, but it's a long ramp-up time. Someone else also said Zaan damage is capped, so the last few ticks, while high, will no longer increase. I don't see Zaan much in open world. This may, in fact, be a deliberate ploy on the part of ZOS to crank up the use of both those sets. Personally I think the ramp up time is too long. Maybe with Cripple spam into Fear, but at what times will you have the luxury of doing that for a full 10 seconds? I guess it needs to be tested, but a smart target will probably still deal with it.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Come to think of it, with DOTs being in an all-time low nerfed state, the Elf Bane change is probably directed at PvE.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on Zaan, because I find a hybrid melee + ranged playstyle much more effective on magblade. I think it may suit a Talon and Fossilize spamming DK better, but it's a long ramp-up time. Someone else also said Zaan damage is capped, so the last few ticks, while high, will no longer increase. I don't see Zaan much in open world. This may, in fact, be a deliberate ploy on the part of ZOS to crank up the use of both those sets. Personally I think the ramp up time is too long. Maybe with Cripple spam into Fear, but at what times will you have the luxury of doing that for a full 10 seconds? I guess it needs to be tested, but a smart target will probably still deal with it.

My own build already incorporates triple swift, and steed as part of both survival and offensive strategy. Occasionally i use zaan for both offense and defense. When it procs, the extra speed plus lotus makes it really easy to stay on top of someone for full duration. Ive killed, or otherwise done serious damage to some fairly high ranked players this way. Im not saying potatoes dont exist at high rank pvp, but its been numerous enough that i would like to think its not as difficult as you might think to take advantage of.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build i always go back to is impreg jewelry 3x infused dmg, nirn staff dmg enchant, infused resto health steal. Twice born all divines, balorgh/bspawn. Steed/atro mundus. Adjust jewelry enchants and atro mundus for your race, but steed is a must.

Merciless, swallow, fear, lotus, sap, soul harvest

Phantasmal/RAT, refreshing path, siphoning, dark cloak, harness, barrier/tether

Ive also had decent success recently same bar setups but with ancient grace or endurance ARCANE jewelry and willpower/potentates staves. Adjust 5 pc and monster for w/e you want.

Magblade all about timing and experience

And lag rng
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build i always go back to is impreg jewelry 3x infused dmg, nirn staff dmg enchant, infused resto health steal. Twice born all divines, balorgh/bspawn. Steed/atro mundus. Adjust jewelry enchants and atro mundus for your race, but steed is a must.

Merciless, swallow, fear, lotus, sap, soul harvest

Phantasmal/RAT, refreshing path, siphoning, dark cloak, harness, barrier/tether

Ive also had decent success recently same bar setups but with ancient grace or endurance ARCANE jewelry and willpower/potentates staves. Adjust 5 pc and monster for w/e you want.

Magblade all about timing and experience

And lag rng

I never liked impreg on my magblade. Just doesnt jive with me. Ttk too high, i like hitting hard and fast and staying extremely mobile. If i cant kill before my bow proc is up it doesnt feel right to me. I use mobility and stealth and a single healing skill, sometimes two.. My current settup has been bright throaght and crafty with swift trait and steed mundus spell damage and disease enchants. Recovery on jewels. It felt at least viable until dragonhold, everytime the tank meta surges my whole playstyle feels kind of dead though.

• Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never liked impreg on my magblade. Just doesnt jive with me. Ttk too high, i like hitting hard and fast and staying extremely mobile. If i cant kill before my bow proc is up it doesnt feel right to me. I use mobility and stealth and a single healing skill, sometimes two.. My current settup has been bright throaght and crafty with swift trait and steed mundus spell damage and disease enchants. Recovery on jewels. It felt at least viable until dragonhold, everytime the tank meta surges my whole playstyle feels kind of dead though.

I think you misunderstood. Yes, i use impreg. But that is with twice born/balorgh in 7 gold divines. Tons of stam for roll dodge, fast, and hits super hard. If anything its too squishy, not low dps.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is a super awesome epic mule and writ doer
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you misunderstood. Yes, i use impreg. But that is with twice born/balorgh in 7 gold divines. Tons of stam for roll dodge, fast, and hits super hard. If anything its too squishy, not low dps.

What mundus' you use on that?

Ive thought about a twiceborn stup but couldnt figure how id make it work.

Yeah, if your running all divines i guess you would hit pretty hard. The impreg will offset the lack of impen in your build too. I still couldnt though lol, id end up just putting another damage set on, heck ive already been considering going divines and running a damage mundus, i just reallly really like my speed i have right now and dont think i could survive without it.

Personally i feal like its just too different paths to the same result though. I run two divines and the rest impen (im using my pve monster sets). Still not settled on a monster set though. Feels.very situational and none quite sync with my playstyle the way i want too. Sometimes balorgh, some times zaans, some times slime craw, sometimes something completely counter intuitive but some how works. Just too situational.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 6 gold divines, steed and atro on a dark elf (sometimes Breton) with 3 infused dmg jewelry and nirn/infused staves.

Could obviously swap twice born if you want for any other set, in any trait - this was just my 'test' and honestly, between two mundus stones with divines, 3 infused jewelry enchants, and 2k to all resources you can easily adjust for w/e you want.

That being said, after crafting it and realizing the stats i had with this gear on, but *only* one mundus active, was when i realized that i could put any set there in divines and it would work.

Happy theorycrafting :)
  • Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would take Zdan build for cp PvP, good survivability/tankiness and decent dommage but don’t expect to kill stamcros with it
    Edited by Heresyall on March 5, 2020 1:38AM
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center