Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer Pro's & Con's

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you see are the pros and cons of necromancer BOTH stamina and magicka?

What are somethings you think should be changed if you had the chance to fix it?
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I complained about Necros a lot but I think I am getting the hang of it (finally!)

I mean it doesn't feel bursty or instant execute damages like the base game classes offer but Necromancer is quite tanky, even the magicka version and heals are good.

So it is a steady/trustable class to survive.

Just plays differently...
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Magcro in vMA.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cons: easy to kill when burst in cyro
    pros: i dont have one
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro: Major Defile, AoE Damage, AoE Ulti, heavy ranged attack with Blastbones, easy access to any major buff to keep you alive and debuff the enemy, easy to sustain, easy to purge.

Con: I really can't think of any contra right now, Necro has only pros, it even counters templar like a boss with acess to Major and minor Evasion, maybe it is a bit slower, but that is just related to my playstyle.
    Edited by L_Nici on March 2, 2020 8:29PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    What do you see are the pros and cons of necromancer BOTH stamina and magicka?

What are somethings you think should be changed if you had the chance to fix it?

I'd remove grave grasp as a skill and add in a proper melee summon. The class is lacking a zombie/melee skeleton minion. Honestly just a bit more temporary summons in general.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggest con is complete lack of buffs in class skills. Missing pretty much every one.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »
    biggest con is complete lack of buffs in class skills. Missing pretty much every one.

-Major Vulnerability
    -Minor Vulnerability
    -Major Defile
    -Major Breach
    -Major Resolve
    -Major Ward
    -Major Protection
    -Minor Protection
    -Minor Maim

You cannot be serious.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on March 2, 2020 8:16PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pros:
    If someone dies to mechanics when you're healing you can always rez them as your zombie slave
    Death is only the beginning
    More dead bodies = better not worse
    Dinnertime = Meatloaf Atronarch time

Cons:
    People will claim the class is "Dead on arrival"
    You play with your meatloaf at mealtimes, angering your mom or grandma.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Major Vulnerability
    -Minor Vulnerability
    -Major Defile
    -Major Breach
    -Major Resolve
    -Major Ward
    -Major Protection
    -Minor Protection
    -Minor Maim

You cannot be serious.

i said buff most of those are debuffs. They are the only class without either a crit or spell/weapon damage buff. They have neither.

other than Vulnerability nothing increases your damage.

now take the list of actual buffs to your character and compare it to all other classes. I bet its not even close to being equal.
    Edited by Brandathorbel on March 2, 2020 8:33PM
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros. How tanky it is.

Cons, no zombie pets. and to buff pet damage i got to hit them with that dumb grasping whatever. it is very tedious and boring.

When I play necro I want strong pets.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah so bad that you don't have a weapon damage buff, if your enemy takes more damage, less healing, deals less damage and you penetrate his armor. Really totally weak the Buffs/Debuffs of the Necro worst class in the game...
    Edited by L_Nici on March 2, 2020 8:37PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see more damage uses for corpses, especially for Magicka users.

As it stands now, you have your Mystic Siphon but that uses up hardly any since there is no upside to re-casting it early. The same is true for Boneyard. You can slot the Ultimate gen skill for excess corpses, which is nice, but takes up a valuable slot that could be used for another damage skill.

At present, there are about ~4 skills that use corpses to heal, which just feels gratuitous.

Stamina gets the exploding corpse morph of Mystic Siphon, which seems like it would be a good candidate to give to both classes.

Let us consume corpses for instant-cast damage. It would give magCros the extra bit of damage to pull them closer to other Magicka classes for damage and give them another outlet for using surplus corpses.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Major Vulnerability
    -Minor Vulnerability
    -Major Defile
    -Major Breach
    -Major Resolve
    -Major Ward
    -Major Protection
    -Minor Protection
    -Minor Maim

You cannot be serious.

i said buff most of those are debuffs. They are the only class without either a crit or spell/weapon damage buff. They have neither.

other than Vulnerability nothing increases your damage.

now take the list of actual buffs to your character and compare it to all other classes. I bet its not even close to being equal.

They have access to buffs/debuffs that are really rare and you say that their con is lacking most Basic buffs that you can get from potions used by almost everyone? I will trade NB source of major sorcery i brutality for major vuln and major defile, without a hesitation
    Edited by Czekoludek on March 2, 2020 8:46PM
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭

-Major Vulnerability
    -Minor Vulnerability
    -Major Defile
    -Major Breach
    -Major Resolve
    -Major Ward
    -Major Protection
    -Minor Protection
    -Minor Maim

You cannot be serious.

This and don't forget 10% dmg reduction with mender, 15% reduction to dot dmg, a pretty solid cleanse, awesome ult generation, solid class passives, I mean what else do ya want? Listen, I'm not knocking it. Had a Nord Necro tank collecting dust, went Stamcro, never looking back.
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    What classes have 100% uptime with major defile? Also attached to very bursty skill might I add.... but off the top of my head WW, Warden (never have room for it tho and easily avoidable AOE), and what else? I'm sure I'm missing something. Also what class has access to major vulnerability? Can't think.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do stam.

Pros

Mag necro : every ability is potentially useful and most / all also no matter what role you're playing.

That's not true of every class - especially warden - and having a full 15 class abilities to choose from when there's only a tiny number of non-class mag abilities to compliment them, is a big plus.

Great heals for those enjoy playing healer. You don't need any resto staff heals to be competent.

Cons

No tank or perma pets is weird and stupid since those are what many associate with necromancy and are available in the single player games.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    They have access to buffs/debuffs that are really rare and you say that their con is lacking most Basic buffs that you can get from potions used by almost everyone? I will trade NB source of major sorcery i brutality for major vuln and major defile, without a hesitation

Indeed. They have execute crit, penetration, 15% DoTs, and really high ulti gen. IMO that's better than Major Sorc/Brut or Minor Berserk as they stack on top; there are highly effective skills to get those buffs from out of class if solo.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solace1981 wrote: »
    This and don't forget 10% dmg reduction with mender, 15% reduction to dot dmg, a pretty solid cleanse, awesome ult generation, solid class passives, I mean what else do ya want? Listen, I'm not knocking it. Had a Nord Necro tank collecting dust, went Stamcro, never looking back.

Yep, backbar Potentates, Temp Guard, Bitter Harvest and with Mender up you've got an easy 26% mitigation (not to mention all the tasty passives and other benefits of the abilities themselves). Necro stronk.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only and biggest flaw of necro is that its p2w :cold_sweat:

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pros. How tanky it is.

Cons, no zombie pets. and to buff pet damage i got to hit them with that dumb grasping whatever. it is very tedious and boring.

When I play necro I want strong pets.

The Grave Grasp skill is the most useless ability I have ever seen. I was expecting to at least be able to cast that siphon-channel buff we see NPCs cast on their minions and vampires. (Could be a unique thing there where it can be used on vamp players)

Basically for some reason it feels the devs tried very hard to make the ONLY class in the whole game that deserves to be summoning/pet focused not summoning or pet focused....
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    I don't do stam.

Pros

Mag necro : every ability is potentially useful and most / all also no matter what role you're playing.

That's not true of every class - especially warden - and having a full 15 class abilities to choose from when there's only a tiny number of non-class mag abilities to compliment them, is a big plus.

Great heals for those enjoy playing healer. You don't need any resto staff heals to be competent.

Cons

No tank or perma pets is weird and stupid since those are what many associate with necromancy and are available in the single player games.

Imagine making a necromancer in 2019 that can't summon zombies or melee skeletons. Also I'd argue thematically the fact that an ES necromancer is a good healer is disgusting. They should be debuff dps and minion/bone magic tanking. They should only be able to heal undead. It makes no sense as to why they are better healers than a freaking templar in some cases....
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Basically for some reason it feels the devs tried very hard to make the ONLY class in the whole game that deserves to be summoning/pet focused not summoning or pet focused....

Only?

Seriously?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only?

Seriously?

Yeah? Seriously. Out of every class in ESO necro is the only one that deserves to have a full blown pet based identity. The literal job description of an ES necromancer is raising the dead.

When you hear sorcerer or warden you do not think summoner. That's just how it is.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah? Seriously. Out of every class in ESO necro is the only one that deserves to have a full blown pet based identity. The literal job description of an ES necromancer is raising the dead.

When you hear sorcerer or warden you do not think summoner. That's just how it is.

You're extremely wrong.

Elder Scrolls single player games don't have classes and neither should ESO. "Sorcerer" and "Warden" are bogus job descriptions. Both just two thirds of an actual class with one random third of TES's destruction school thrown in. And in the case of sorc, their two thirds is daedric which in the single player games is limited to summoned daedra and bound weapons and armour, i.e. very unlike sorc.

But ESO having decided to cram us into classes, it certainly totally makes sense for the daedric magic class to have pets. That's literally the only thing sorc shares in common with daedric magic from the single player TES games.

Similarly warden is supposedly using a mix of illusion and conjuration magic. The single player TES games have non-daedric summoneds. Specifically bear and wolf.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Summon

So totally appropriate.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're extremely wrong.

Elder Scrolls single player games don't have classes and neither should ESO. "Sorcerer" and "Warden" are bogus job descriptions. Both just two thirds of an actual class with one random third of TES's destruction school thrown in. And in the case of sorc, their two thirds is daedric which in the single player games is limited to summoned daedra and bound weapons and armour, i.e. very unlike sorc.

But ESO having decided to cram us into classes, it certainly totally makes sense for the daedric magic class to have pets. That's literally the only thing sorc shares in common with daedric magic from the single player TES games.

Similarly warden is supposedly using a mix of illusion and conjuration magic. The single player TES games have non-daedric summoneds. Specifically bear and wolf.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Summon

So totally appropriate.

Nah, I'm not entirely wrong.

What I'm getting at here is if ANY class deserves to be entirely or mainly minion based, it's the Necromancer. Warden and Sorc both have summons, sure, but neither should have it as a focus. Necro's entire thing should be summoning undead, buffing undead, and debuffing enemies.

It's messed up that both warden and Sorc are more minion focused than A freaking necromancer.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:

Versatile
    Access to Major Vulnerability through Ultimate
    Access to Major Defile through blastbones
    High survivability

Cons:

No execute
    No access to Major Brutality / Sorcery
    Defensive CC only
    Lackluster / restrictive passives
    Poor 'spammable' ranged attack
    A couple poor abilities that may as well not exist (grave grasp, shocking siphon)
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pros:

Versatile
    High survivability

Cons:

No execute
    Defensive CC only
    A couple poor abilities that may as well not exist (grave grasp, shocking siphon)

Grave Grasp is the most laughable ability in any video game I've ever seen. So much mana for something that doesn't hard cc and nor deals dmg....
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:

Versatile
    High survivability

Cons:

No execute
    Defensive CC only

- Execute from passives
    - Major Brutality/Sorcery are easily obtainable from pots
    - Agreed on defensive only CC
    - Best passives in game, lol why you think they are lackluster?
    - skull spammable is mediocre but when you cast skull + blastbones (which have 28m range) you can definitely feel the power
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭

-Major Vulnerability
    -Minor Vulnerability
    -Major Defile
    -Major Breach
    -Major Resolve
    -Major Ward
    -Major Protection
    -Minor Protection
    -Minor Maim

You cannot be serious.

From strictly pvp point of view: Major vulnerability and major defile are the only ones that are used in pvp (which makes this class extremely good, though). Other skills are not useful in pvp. And magicka necromancer does not have access to major defile. Reading the skill descriptions and listing every debuff you see is not the right way to do it. And lack of buffs are quite noticeable. This class is destined to play with weapon/spell power pots. I dont see it as a necessarily bad thing, but it is what it is. Also armor buff is the far worst one in the game. It gives almost just plain buff. No extra effects. Lets get our facts straight.

But in the end, if you have access to major vulnerability and major defile through your most useful skills, you cant say much.
    Edited by albertberku on March 3, 2020 4:56AM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also armor buff is the far worst one in the game. It gives almost just plain buff. No extra effects. Lets get our facts straight.

Yes, let's get our facts straight. One morph gives you 15% reduction to your summon abilities, which is very helpful for sustain (makes NMA a little more palatable).

The other morph pulls in ranged attackers, which can be nice in PvP (most ranged builds panic and die quickly when pulled into melee range) and good for PvE as well to help cluster trash mobs.

Not to mention the passive that give you 15% DoT reduction while active and the other passives just for having a Bone Tyrant skill slotted.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on March 3, 2020 5:18AM