The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

has update 25 really made it worse?

• dakkiii
    dakkiii
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was only me with the bar swap/ability problems...

oh no.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Frame rate drops and hitching are back. Not to the same extent. Certainly enough to be noticeable.
    Loading screens are no better than before the patch.
    Only one crash so far, when trying to port from a wayshrine. I've had crashes like this is the past too. So I doubt it's patch related.

You can doubt the crashing is patch related, but it’s been confirmed by Zeni since the day the patch went live. Here are some of the posts about it, which can be confirmed in the Dev Tracker. They first blamed addons, which was a lazy way to deflect responsibility for shoddy code. After getting proof from over a dozen players who had no addons they acknowledged the problem and began working on it:
    Just to update everyone on the current status, we are now testing some fixes for a number of the crashes you're running into both for PvE and Cyrodiil. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issues and the subsequent fixes, these cannot be hotfixed, but will instead be going into our next incremental patch. We know this is frustrating, and we want to get this fixed as quickly as possible. As long as the fixes pass QA, you can expect to see them early next week.

We'll continue to provide daily updates as we receive more information, both here and in the pinned Known Issues thread.

Followed by the update:
    Hi all, we made some good progress today with testing some additional crash fixes, and are actually going to continue testing through the weekend. If everything passes QA, we'll get the incremental PC patch scheduled and will let you know when it will be deployed. To be clear, the crash fixes we're working on affect both PvE and Cyrodiil, with the latter involving some recent fixture optimizations occurring near Keeps.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    And ZOS is no where to be found.

of course they aint. they're full of empty promises

Yeah I couldn’t watch more than 3 SECONDS of that Bethesda Game Day crap. Cyrodiil is broken. Update 25 is riddled with bugs and they playing some game show crap.

I’m seriously considering buying the Ultimate Edition of Dead Red 2 and just being a cowboy for the next couple of years.

The joy is GONE...update 25 sucked it all away lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on March 1, 2020 11:58PM
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the update, the game seems to have trouble registering all my key presses. Abilities won't fire when I press the button.. even moving doesn't work sometimes. I have to release the movement key and re-press it and then itll work.

Never had this issue before the update.
  • ultimnib16_ESO
    ultimnib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since the update, the game seems to have trouble registering all my key presses. Abilities won't fire when I press the button.. even moving doesn't work sometimes. I have to release the movement key and re-press it and then itll work.

Never had this issue before the update.

Same !
    Untill now I thought I was alone in having that impression that I have to hit a key several times before getting an answer.
    It's especially deadly in PvP when I want to use a potion.
    Spamming the key 3 times and when it fires at last, I am dead :)
    Breaking CC, same thing.

I start to suspect that this last patch broke many more things than "only" those obvious crashes in Cyrodiil and by logging offthat everybody noticed in 5 minutes.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    You explained the problem with your first words ....

" I'm on ps4 ..."

:#

Moronic statement considering consoles haven't gotten the update yet, and since this topic is about performance after the update....🙄

This is strictly a PC problem at the moment. Weird time to flex a PC master race meme, but do you kiddo
    Edited by Kel on March 2, 2020 11:37AM
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    I stopped going into cyro after trying it for 2 days. Crashed every other port and often crashed while riding between keeps. Switched to bgs, went fine until today where I crashed 2 times in a row after trying to leave a finished bg round.

I wonder if Cyro performs better because people don't enter it and cause less server load. :trollface:
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Cyro performs better because people don't enter it and cause less server load. :trollface:

If you stay in one place and hope someone Comes to you Performance might be good^^, you might crash tho if you try to get to Action yourself ;)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.