Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about how stats effect dmg output...

Scion_of_Yggdrasil
Scion_of_Yggdrasil
✭✭✭✭✭
I am currently building a mag/stam warden hybrid, because.... I want to? lol I play lone wolf most times, and I like my bow/bow/green balance/winter embrace build (funnest build for me so far). However, I know later on in the game I might need to focus on just one attribute... So can someone shed some light on this?

What actually determines your damage output: the dmg the target will receive from a weapon attack vs a skill? Does Magicka effect heals/spells and Stamina determine my bow ability dmg? I'm assuming light/heavy weapon attacks are determined by the weapon stat?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a rule of thumb: If a skill costs magicka it scales with your max. magicka and spell dmg stats. If a skill costs stamina it scales with your max. stamina and weapon dmg stats. Scaling of light and heavy attacks depends on the weapon (staffs -> mag/spd, everything else -> stam/wpd).

But there are exceptions from this rule. Some skills don't scale with max stats at all (eg. Lotus Flower + morphs), scale with health (eg. Arctic Wind + morphs) or scale with your highest stats (eg. ultimates).
    Tho in the latter case the dmg type of the skill (frost, poison, magic, ...) still determines which type of crit/pen/res/cp/... is used.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently building a mag/stam warden hybrid, because.... I want to? lol I play lone wolf most times, and I like my bow/bow/green balance/winter embrace build (funnest build for me so far). However, I know later on in the game I might need to focus on just one attribute... So can someone shed some light on this?

What actually determines your damage output: the dmg the target will receive from a weapon attack vs a skill? Does Magicka effect heals/spells and Stamina determine my bow ability dmg? I'm assuming light/heavy weapon attacks are determined by the weapon stat?

For DPS its most effective to choose either staff + Magicka+ spell damage+ spell critical + spell penetration.
    Or any weapon except staff + stamina + weapon damage+ weapon critical + penetration.