The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you see a performance improvement?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
I played yesterday after the patch hit, and at least in battlegrounds I saw a pretty good performance improvement, my skills were casted smoothly without delay, my health wasn't desynced by random projectiles, and my heals were working as intended, and no deaths delays too.
I dunno if it's because half the population still had to download the game again xD but still i hope stay this even after everyone is playing again.

I play on Pc-Eu btw.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisible (unloaded) players still kill me if I ride to fight area too quick
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to say because the server was empty (PC EU). In Cyro there was definitely better performance as the last weeks but the last weeks were complete horror... I had different kind of fights and all were smooth and I was the first time since 2-3 weeks in the position to use my ulti by the time I would :smile:

Beside the fact that it took me 45 min to get a copy of the new crafting stations for our guild house because of "eso stopped working" every 5-10 min, reaction felt better.

But we will see on the weekend. There were only reds locked for 15-20 min around 10pm. Yellow and Blue were between 2 and sometime 3 bars. Think depended on crashes xD

PvE side. Murkmire as always. High FPS in the beginning and after 10-15min in the zone - FPS drop to 15-20. But that s Murkmire since release from this DLC. Never changed for me. All other zone fine as normal

The reaction time in Cyro give me hope :smile:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I played yesterday after the patch hit, and at least in battlegrounds I saw a pretty good performance improvement, my skills were casted smoothly without delay, my health wasn't desynced by random projectiles, and my heals were working as intended, and no deaths delays too.
    I dunno if it's because half the population still had to download the game again xD but still i hope stay this even after everyone is playing again.

I play on Pc-Eu btw.
    My experience on PC-NA last night was basically the opposite, with overall performance being worse than usual. Sometimes it was fine, and sometimes it was pretty terrible (even if displayed ping was fairly low), with abilities refusing to fire and whatnot.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    GRXRG wrote: »

I play on Pc-Eu btw.
    My experience on PC-NA last night was basically the opposite, with overall performance being worse than usual. Sometimes it was fine, and sometimes it was pretty terrible (even if displayed ping was fairly low), with abilities refusing to fire and whatnot.

I'm having something similar.
    FPS wise on PC NA, Cyro was a dream. Stayed at a constant 80 FPS or higher, even in large fights. But my abilities feel like they have a delay to them, and ani-canceling feels really awkward (Which could be a result of the ability delay, or the block rework).

I'm happy I can see what Im doing now (used to get 20 FPS in large fights), but it doesn't matter if I can't use abilities when I press them.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a slight FPS improvement but the bigger get is that the graphics are cleaner - far fewer weird artifacts floating around or items rendered at the wrong AA / level of detail.

Server feels clunky ad and break free is super slow but the servers are always laggy as *** during a patch week.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, especially in instanced dungeons. I'm getting 80-90 fps + and less stuttering/dropping.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i think was just bc population wasn't inside the game yet, yesterday still the same death delays by Snipe and skills not casting properly.
    Like my executioner don't cast at melee range and I get hit by 5 executioners while I LoS in literally 3 seconds... not worse but still the same bs of last patch.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil definately isn't fixed, but then again, they never promised they would.

There's still skill delay, lag, rubber-banding, fps drops, latency spikes etc. Business as usual, although fps and framerate have improved marginally.

But alas, the performance in Cyrodiil is still not good enough for the game mechanics to be reliable.

The game movements are still too fast for the servers to handle - what goes on server-side if often not the same thing that goes on client-side.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I play a lot less now, and my performance has improved.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    doesnt matter perfomance when u cant see your enemy during seconds. As in every patch, all is working like expected, but not like It should be
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don’t in fact my performance has gotten worse if anything. But I also have addons so I understand that can be a source. I have greatly reduced my in game time or I just decorate a house I just bought since that seems to be ok.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was periodically terrible. Rubberbanding would now turn enemy players invisible on and off instead of just dragging them back and forth.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Any chance we can make this “the year of performance improvements”, rather than just 1 or 2 patches?
    Seems like there’s a lot of work/upgrades that “also” need to be done on the server side; but thank you for the client side updates!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't give a damn about PVP players, simply because it's not as profitable as PVE players, differences in damage completely shameful, I play in stam damage? I suffer incomprehensible damage in front of magic, despite a full impenetrable Nordic race equipment I associated the ancient dragon set seventh legion and troll king (this is an example of a tested set), I do one shot of course I use the DK shield on me, on the other hand I sometimes I hit magic sometimes some manages to lose NO damage, on the other hand no worries, in 2 times 3 movements it rapes you as it is not allowed.
    The pvp on TESO is worse and worse players who play leapfrog, who turn around the walls to dodge the fight or then commit suicide, a non-existent balance as well as for the absent resistance, or then we must all be stuff like tanks ...

But ZOS prefers to delete (just because ZOS is written in the text or they don't know the metaphors...) the posts that expose the details rather than taking them into account, we're not about to have any change, while we just ask to be listened and to be able to play what we want (in my case an archer) in short to speak on a forum that ends up becoming a waste of time because only the players answer, on the other hand the team is silent....

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In cyrodiil there is no improvement, actually its slightly worse if you can believe it (and if youve played eso longer then 2 days you will believe it np)

PC EU
    PvP only