The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

2 crashs in 10 minutes / 4 in 1 hour/ 10 in 2 hours : good job!

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to update everyone on the current status, we are now testing some fixes for a number of the crashes you're running into both for PvE and Cyrodiil. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issues and the subsequent fixes, these cannot be hotfixed, but will instead be going into our next incremental patch. We know this is frustrating, and we want to get this fixed as quickly as possible. As long as the fixes pass QA, you can expect to see them early next week.

We'll continue to provide daily updates as we receive more information, both here and in the pinned Known Issues thread.

Has the weekend been delayed.....? Because, honestly, if I have to work another day I'm not going to be happy!

• barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    To update everyone on the current status for today, we spent the day testing everything and are still working on getting these crashes fixed. We'll plan to have a more substantial update tomorrow, before the weekend hits. Thanks again for your ongoing patience.

Is that more substantial update coming?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing all the time when having all addons disabled. yrg :( I hope they will soon begin to fix the issues.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    78 crashes and counting.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get an achievement when you reach 1000. lol
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    78 crashes and counting.

79 ... I was obviously premature. XD
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    78 crashes and counting.

79 ... I was obviously premature. XD

80 .. I think the game is conspiring against me. Its always during my trek to a Keep. Then I crash and when I get back in they have moved on to the next. And I have an odd sense of Déjà vu

Edited by drkfrontiers on February 28, 2020 10:27PM
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we made some good progress today with testing some additional crash fixes, and are actually going to continue testing through the weekend. If everything passes QA, we'll get the incremental PC patch scheduled and will let you know when it will be deployed. To be clear, the crash fixes we're working on affect both PvE and Cyrodiil, with the latter involving some recent fixture optimizations occurring near Keeps.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, any hope for console?
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im not even crashing anymore, im freezing full stop, making me have to reset my pc. Thats really the last straw today.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we made some good progress today with testing some additional crash fixes, and are actually going to continue testing through the weekend. If everything passes QA, we'll get the incremental PC patch scheduled and will let you know when it will be deployed. To be clear, the crash fixes we're working on affect both PvE and Cyrodiil, with the latter involving some recent fixture optimizations occurring near Keeps.

WHAT ABOUT CONSOLES!!!! Will we be waiting a month or two for or fix? Y’all just gonna roll out the console launch with a known broken product?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

WHAT ABOUT CONSOLES!!!! Will we be waiting a month or two for or fix? Y’all just gonna roll out the console launch with a known broken product?

why not?
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Seriously though, what did you expect playing a mmo on a console? Not even destiny ran right on consoles half the time lol.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 29, 2020 12:50AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Carespanker MMOs like FFXIV, which is well known for having very intensive particles affects on pretty much every ability you do, runs perfectly fine on PS4. ESO's problems lie not with the hardware the players are using, but the engine the game is using.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

[Edit to remove bait]

Ya got me zos. I couldn't resist lol.

• CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if ZOS knows people are crashing. If you see something say something.
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if the patch reaches consoles without this "hotfix" you may need to find a new game for yourself until "GeeryMoore" chapter arrives
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool, I didn't want to play this weekend anyway.

/s
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raevin wrote: »
    I play ESO exclusively in Cyrodiil and stopped my long time subscription last month when the lag was unbearable and I put my hopes in the new patch because that's what it promised to deliver.
    I am fully aware of the impact a patch like this can have on a game and that issues and bugs can occur afterwards so for that reason I'll give it a little more time for them to sort things out. Not too long though, my patience is wearing thin.

Same

I cancelled my sub during Witches festival I think

Still it hasnt run out but I will not sub again

And I am just decorating homes atm :joy:

If Cyrodiil is not fixed there is nothing else I can do in this game
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Im not even crashing anymore, im freezing full stop, making me have to reset my pc. Thats really the last straw today.

I presume you're trying to play PVP in Cyrodiil, a place where they've acknowledged there's a problem with crashing, and have announced the patch won't be available until Monday. Yet you expect it to somehow work for you today, how is that even sensible?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for bashing, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay constrictive and respectful to avoid thread derailment or action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    Well, all is in the title ; and it is not my PC : it is a new one, from today ; and Eso crash messages each time....
    [edit ; 4th crash in 1 hour ; and same for all my group)

I have yet to crash once since the patch.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am crashing every 18mins. Almost to the clock.

Unless...I walk over a known texture fault in pvp -those black weird square things in known locations, like outside Bruma, Nik etc.
    -crashing after try to res after death -almost every time
    -crashing trying to log out of game -sometimes
    -crashing while riding pony across zones in pvp -most of my crashes are pony related (I'm using the pre-order mount from Elsweyr)
    -crashing if killed in pvp by a large group or attacked by a large group e.g. while defending a keep flag
    -crashing whether solo or small man pvp
    -crashing using port stones inside keeps

NOT crashing during combat or joining a group or going into a delve. No longer crashing Murkmire.
    Edited by merevie on February 29, 2020 2:58AM
  • Seymore_Deaply
    Seymore_Deaply
    Soul Shriven
    NA Mac no addons
    Crashes about once an hour. Most commonly when logging out, but at other random times.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to play tonight, Cyrodil only, crashed 5 times in 1 hour then gave up. Usually when porting but a couple times when riding up to a keep. I hope they fix it
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran in Cyrodiil for 3 hours today. I crashed a total of 9 times, some group members crashed over 15 times. Scroll runs were like a relay race as the scroll-carrier would crash & the next player would pick up the scroll, then they would run for a bit & crash.. rinse, repeat :lol:
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS better find a way to compensate for us players who had to deal with this unacceptable state of a patch! Ugh! I crashed when I was trying to port with the Volendrung; I think I'm done until this is fixed.

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news! Maybe next time do the testing and fixing before the crap code goes live!
    Edited by Reverb on February 29, 2020 5:47AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil here. crashing like 10x per hour.

what the actual ***, ZOS?

PC NA, and i tried disabling all add-ons.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    78 crashes and counting.

how do you even keep track?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber