Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New mag dk

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I've watches alot of mag dk vids etc and noticed not many use fragmented shield, is there a good reason for this as for me 6 seconds of major mending is pretty nice
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure is a strong buff, but the shield it self is weak af. I personaly just dont have space for it on my bar. I rather have the wings since rapid regen is already strong enough without major mending.
    If you think it fits your build just try it out and see how it works.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waste of bar space just for major mending.

I can also just heavy attack with a resto staff and get mag back + damage + healing + major mending. Why would I waste the bar space or spend the magicka?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing inferno/ice staff and getting heals from embers, flame lash, cauterize, coag.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why mag DKS hate "Obsidian Shard"? On average it heals almost the same as "Coagulating Blood", it heals allies as well, it cost less, does some damage(which could proc burning for extra magicka return), it restores stamina and generate ulti. Not a single PvP magDK is using this skill, what is the reason?
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm playing inferno/ice staff and getting heals from embers, flame lash, cauterize, coag.

I play my MagDK like this too. Use the new Bewitched Sugar Skulls and you'll even have 1k+ Health Recovery. Shouldn't need Major Mending.
    Edited by Vermethys on February 27, 2020 11:14AM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be reverted to its original state where it was a medium sized shield that dealt out decent damage when it wore off.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    It should be reverted to its original state where it was a medium sized shield that dealt out decent damage when it wore off.

I agree, loved uncloaking those NBs with it :D
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On mag you have access to more healing skills than stam. So its more efficient for example to slot rapid regen in stead of fragmented. The extra healing you get from rapid regen is more than the increase your other heals would get from getting the major mending. It als synergizes best with a lot of heal ticks in short order, which won't happen that often with magdk's class heals which are more burst oriented. You'll be better of casting another coag in stead of going framented into coag. That's common sense. In short: its a waste of bar space.
    Why mag DKS hate "Obsidian Shard"? On average it heals almost the same as "Coagulating Blood", it heals allies as well, it cost less, does some damage(which could proc burning for extra magicka return), it restores stamina and generate ulti. Not a single PvP magDK is using this skill, what is the reason?
    Because its trash tier. Expensive, requires a target which is both clunky and highly unreliable as it can be dodged, and coag is simply better in every way.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    On mag you have access to more healing skills than stam. So its more efficient for example to slot rapid regen in stead of fragmented. The extra healing you get from rapid regen is more than the increase your other heals would get from getting the major mending. It als synergizes best with a lot of heal ticks in short order, which won't happen that often with magdk's class heals which are more burst oriented. You'll be better of casting another coag in stead of going framented into coag. That's common sense. In short: its a waste of bar space.
    Because its trash tier. Expensive, requires a target which is both clunky and highly unreliable as it can be dodged, and coag is simply better in every way.

Hmm I actually didn't think about the dodge part, probably should be undodgable for this kind of a magicka cost.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Becuase they want to throw fire, not mud balls.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.