Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why Does Greymoor Need so Much Storage?

yaboihapus
yaboihapus
Soul Shriven
I have tried everything I can think of to download ESO, but I can't anymore. I uninstalled everything from my steam library, have deleted several apps, and have freed up about half of my PC's storage space. Despite this, I still cannot update to the latest version, as it says that I don't have enough disc space on my computer. I don't understand why an update that was supposed to optimize the game needs so much storage.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because the new client has to be downloaded in addition to the existing client before it can be applied to the existing client. The alternative is for you to uninstall the existing client and then run the launcher and get the new client on its own.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's because the new client has to be downloaded in addition to the existing client before it can be applied to the existing client. The alternative is for you to uninstall the existing client and then run the launcher and get the new client on its own.

From what people have said on the forums, that is not currently how the steam client works so if OP is also using steam for ESO that may not do them any good.

125GB is what you need, OP. However, I had 211GB of space free and the launcher still insisted it wasn't enough -- I still had the option to just uninstall and start over, so that's what I did. Not sure how to fix it properly.