The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

MagDK Spectre Eye vs Hist Bark.

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Spectre Eye
Armor
Magicka
Health
When you cast a Magicka ability you gain major evasion for 5 seconds. 10 second cool down.

Hist Bark
Armor
Health recovery
Health
While blocking gain major evasion.

Hello. I am currently building my magDK for no-CP PvP. I notice one major downside to Magicka is lack of easy access to major evasion. Unlike stamina it's not traditional for Magicka to run shuffle or blade cloak so this strong buff is often completely unavailable.

If I am going the traditional route of block casting my skills during my offensive window which of these sets do you feel would be more viable.

Hist Bark on one hand has the potential for massive uptime, but if I'm not blocking it's not active. Where as Spectre Eye gives me the buff even after I drop block, but at only a 50% maximum uptime.

Anyone with experience with either set, I would be very interested to hear how these sets have worked out for you.
PvP needs more love.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gossamer > Spectre > Hist Bark

Gossamer:
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, you grant them Major Evasion for 2 seconds, reducing damage from area attacks by 25%.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Gossamer:
    (5 items) When you heal yourself or an ally, you grant them Major Evasion for 2 seconds, reducing damage from area attacks by 25%.

Exactly, and even then its kinda wasted when there is BRP DW...
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Gossamer:

I completely overlooked that set. In fact I have been playing stamina for the last 3.5years so I forgot of it's existence. I will probably go for that as the uptime can be 100% with HoTs. Thank you.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep in mind that Gossamer doesn't proc on overhealing (you don't get the buff if you heal someone at full HP) so you need to actually heal to get the buff. :)
    Edited by Qbiken on February 25, 2020 9:50AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Spectre Eye
    Armor
    Magicka
    Health
    When you cast a Magicka ability you gain major evasion for 5 seconds. 10 second cool down.

Hist Bark
    Armor
    Health recovery
    Health
    While blocking gain major evasion.

Hello. I am currently building my magDK for no-CP PvP. I notice one major downside to Magicka is lack of easy access to major evasion. Unlike stamina it's not traditional for Magicka to run shuffle or blade cloak so this strong buff is often completely unavailable.

If I am going the traditional route of block casting my skills during my offensive window which of these sets do you feel would be more viable.

Hist Bark on one hand has the potential for massive uptime, but if I'm not blocking it's not active. Where as Spectre Eye gives me the buff even after I drop block, but at only a 50% maximum uptime.

Anyone with experience with either set, I would be very interested to hear how these sets have worked out for you.

Neither.

In my opinion back bar BRP DW is the way to go. Quick Cloak will give - Major protection, Major evasion, Major expedition all in one. In addition, if you get infused off- hand, one poison glyph, one fire glyph , it will also restore tons of resources, even while you are on your front bar. The value is insane.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured the DW backbar would be worst then say a resto backbar. Or a sword and board backbar. Does that 2p really overshadow say a 2 piece potentates.
    PvP needs more love.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I figured the DW backbar would be worst then say a resto backbar. Or a sword and board backbar. Does that 2p really overshadow say a 2 piece potentates.

Potato s+s is stronger due to block mitigation, but Quick Cloak offers more buffs in 1 cast allowing you to be more offensive instead of blocking for the mitigation you need. You can also buff up, switch to front bar and carry that +30% over. It may be harder to sustain the stamina and GCD's recasting for major protection, but if you can do, it's a very nice mobile defense. You also save yourself the trouble of wasting a set bonus on major evasion, put that towards something like Shacklebreaker instead to help sustain the stamina skill.

Keep in mind, you will probably recast Quick Cloak every 14s, so for 3/14s you guarantee yourself +30% mitigation simply by rotating abilities. This has saved me a lot, shortly after buffing up I get ult dumped without the need to be ready to block.

#op
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 25, 2020 11:32PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit