The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Its started..

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this has happened to coincide with my internet being "slow", according to a speed test (normally, it's "fast").

Or it is causing my internet to become slow - not sure which?

Either way, this is typical for every ESO download I have ever done.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 24, 2020 8:54AM
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaMmEh wrote: »
    50 GB at 4MB/s.. gonna be a long one for me!! :s

Mines only getting up to 2.60 something mbs. :s It will get done at some point I just feel bad for those that can't get more then 1 mb.

2mb here - living in the countryside is awful for internet. :|

900KB/s here, also countryside :neutral:

The view from my lounge is a lake on a nature reserve though, pitch black at night time with no house or car lights visible, so I'll happily put up with it :lol:
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's done by time I want to play it next we've got 10 hours of maintenance hopefully that will be enough time.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    Zipping along at 90 MB/s

With a capital B? ._.
  • Gonadius
    Gonadius
    I think this is the first time I've really seen how fast my internet is since I switched providers (and ran a cable to the router). I knew it was faster than what I used to have, but I'm surprised by how much - It's happily jogging along at 13.25MB/s. Which other than the very rare large downloads like this is far more than I normally need.

EDIT: Download is now complete and is installing. So I can download around 25GB an hour, just a slight improvement on when I started using the internet with a 56k modem. That had an absolute maximum speed of 16MB an hour. Oh the fun it was...
    Edited by Gonadius on February 24, 2020 9:22AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the maint is scheduled for 10 hours. Some may have the game downloaded but the servers will still be down
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3q404v.jpg
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotel6 wrote: »
    Zipping along at 90 MB/s

With a capital B? ._.

Just read it right off the launcher.

Everyone knows you can uncap the download limit on the launcher, right? Please tell me everyone knows that.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the download will start if there is not enough space on the drive? I am wondering / hoping components will be exchanged 1 on 1 instead of a second download of the whole game...There are only about 30 gb of space left. I didnt see or hear any comment about that anywhere or in the stream.

I had the same issue so I just deleted the data files in the ESO directory (in the folder that took up about 72G). It's downloading now, so hopefully it'll sort itself out.🤷‍♂️
  • sorcmag01
    sorcmag01
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed the download patch here. I use a 1 Gb/s fiber connection. Downloaded at 55 Mb/s. Restarted the client with no errors so far.

There was a warning when it completed that the client was the wrong version, which makes sense, because the servers are being updated as well, so good luck everyone and good night.

Edit Note: Folder new size is 66.6 GB
    Edited by sorcmag01 on February 24, 2020 9:14AM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about second maintenance?
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Langeston !
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked back on my DL. It appears to have finished sometime before my last check. It was at Play on the launcher, so I hit Play to see what it would do. Got the login screen, entered my credentials and immediately got this error message (several times 😉):

“You’ve attempted to use an invalid or out-dated client. Please exit and update your client using the patcher.”

I’ll assume it’s due to the current maintenance downtime, but weird error if everything has truly downloaded completely, including ‘the patcher’.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah got gigablast. its done...but servers still down :(

So, I'm gonna watch a kung fu movie lol
    Edited by JumpmanLane on February 24, 2020 9:14AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonsister wrote: »
    Thanks, @Langeston !

Don't thank me yet, lol — I dunno how it's gonna turn out. Should be fine, but what do I know.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's done by time I want to play it next we've got 10 hours of maintenance hopefully that will be enough time.
    As long as your internet is faster than 1.5 MB/s or 12 Mb/s its fast enough to download and install before maintenance is over
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SteveS
    SteveS
    70GB final folder size on my PC.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Granicus wrote: »
    Just checked back on my DL. It appears to have finished sometime before my last check. It was at Play on the launcher, so I hit Play to see what it would do. Got the login screen, entered my credentials and immediately got this error message (several times 😉):

“You’ve attempted to use an invalid or out-dated client. Please exit and update your client using the patcher.”

I’ll assume it’s due to the current maintenance downtime, but weird error if everything has truly downloaded completely, including ‘the patcher’.

Checked the Folder size - 66.6 GB as others have reported. The Launcher application appears unchanged with a modified date of 11/19/2019.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SteveS wrote: »
    70GB final folder size on my PC.

88.9 gb on mine lol
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    As long as your internet is faster than 1.5 MB/s or 12 Mb/s its fast enough to download and install before maintenance is over

Mine's currently at 5.26 mb/s
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Granicus wrote: »

Your download is done, but they'll have the servers down until at least 12pm EST.
    You have a bit of a wait, yet.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 8% done so far.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoa.
    Just came back from taking a shower and feeding the cats and my speed has jumped up to 58MB/s, from 11, earlier.
    22% complete.

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

Mines only getting up to 2.60 something mbs. :s It will get done at some point I just feel bad for those that can't get more then 1 mb.

900KB/s here, also countryside :neutral:

The view from my lounge is a lake on a nature reserve though, pitch black at night time with no house or car lights visible, so I'll happily put up with it :lol:
    When I look outside I just see a cookie factory.
    Still countryside, though.

Already 5GB done, woohoo.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    56%...

lxEJoEN.gif
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Whoa.
    Just came back from taking a shower and feeding the cats and my speed has jumped up to 58MB/s, from 11, earlier.
    22% complete.

It was the cats. They were slowing down the internet because they were hungry and their manservant was spending too much time looking at The Screen That's Supposed To Be Used Only For Watching Cat Videos. As soon as you fed them, they forgave you and sped up the internet.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on February 24, 2020 10:02AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Whoa.
    22% complete.

It was the cats. They were slowing down the internet because they were hungry and their manservant was spending too much time looking at The Screen That's Supposed To Be Used Only For Watching Cat Videos. As soon as you fed them, they forgave you and sped up the internet.

Sounds like a true statement.
    I mean, look... they've infiltrated the hamster wheel...
    RIP hamster.

OJIgNNt.gif

EDIT: Aaaand, done. Roughly two hours. Thanks, kittens!

Edited by bearbelly on February 24, 2020 10:14AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well at least its 2 gbs. For yeah its better then some of the other people that have it worse I'm sure.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10%