The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea - Recipe/Motif Book Binding

misfitmanic
misfitmanic
✭✭✭
There are tons of recipes for food and drink, plus all the furnishing plans, and so many motifs. These eat up a TON of space, many sell for very little gold, and saving them for alts/friends/guild mates is an inventory nightmare.
I propose implementing a way to bind collections of similar recipes into a single item recipe/motif book that grants knowledge of all contained recipes/motifs when read. Allow these books to be trade-able. This would be a huge QoL improvement. Maybe make a new Librarian achievement for binding X amount of books.

What does the community think?
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are people who collect the complete "yellow" motif books and tend to sit on them like some kind of collectible status symbol I think its the dumbest thing ever that they do that but hey its their's to do that with. They also charge an extremely inflated amount to trade them because they are selling the item as a collectible not something intended to be used. Its almost a joke that this is a thing.

Any crafter who is aware of these nuckleheads would be wary of what will happen to prices when people start holding all motif fragments so that they can later combine them in the hope of selling them combined for even higher prices. This is what will happen without a doubt if it becomes a reality.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motif pages are quite valuable, @misfitmanic.

As someone who farms them to sell, this wouldn't be a very good idea for one of my income streams.

Remember, the sales price is what the current market will bear ... not what you think the price point should be.

A fully maxed account has nearly 4,000 inventory slots. Storage should not be a problem for any player.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 24, 2020 7:12AM