The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Curious what people think of the Briarheart changes.

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Briarheart:
  • This set no longer has a hidden 1 second cooldown on the heal, but the heal has been decreased to 378, down from 609.
  • Increased the Weapon Damage bonus of this set to 450 from 449, for a prettier number.
  • Increased the proc chance to 25%, up from 10%.

Higher proc chance, lower heal, but no Cooldown, more aoe and crit = more heals. Higher reliable front bar uptime on set.
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A no cooldown heal could mean a significant amount of incoming healing, making it a very good survival set when under attack from multiple mobs or with multiple dots on single targets. It still won't have 100% uptime so it won't be completely reliable, but overall it looks like a decent set got a bump so I'm not complaining.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good to me as a front bar set, removing the Cooldown and bumping up the proc chance makes this a great offensive/defensive front bar set imo. The heal being lowered sucks, making it 189 in pvp, but it synergizes really well with stam sorc that has a lot of aoe damage ticks.

I plan on using..
    Nord
    Briarheart DW/Jewelry (front)
    Titanborn 5 Medium Body
    Trollking (Like how I can buff my team using Echoing Vigor)
    BRP DW (back)

I want to go back to DW for spin to win because I'm tired of missing Onslaught on dodgerolling targets and I love Dawnbreaker despite the cast time.

The build would have 38.6% crit with 2x maces, 1 nirn, 1 precise. Toying with the idea of using Thief Mundus stone to bump up my crit to 45.6%, but I think that might be overkill. Thief also doesn't buff Crit healing for Surge/Echoing Vigor, so I think Warrior might be better.

I know crit isn't seen as super useful because of crit resist, but this set makes it much more intriguing for me, especially as someone that loves Crit Surge. Plus. In BGs, the max crit resist with 7 pieces is -26% in all gold, lowering my crit damage to 1.24% which is still pretty nice imo.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A no cooldown heal could mean a significant amount of incoming healing, making it a very good survival set when under attack from multiple mobs or with multiple dots on single targets. It still won't have 100% uptime so it won't be completely reliable, but overall it looks like a decent set got a bump so I'm not complaining.

Definite buff imo, especially for pve. You can be hitting 6+ mobs with 3-4 ticks a second. Most people have around 50% crit, so on average, 12 Briarheart ticks a second when outnumbered. That is 4536 healing a second, basically Crit Surge with max 66% uptime.

My question was mostly for the pvp community though.

Edit: Also, sure the uptime is max 66%, but in pvp I usually dip in and out of combat for Dark Deals. The other thing is the buff carries to back bar. In the current meta, people are already running NMA front bar meaning especially on the defensive, they're getting NMA for around 60% uptime anyway. Thats why this set looks really good to me and no -5% cost.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 23, 2020 2:16AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used it when I was stamden in dragonhold and broke 45-48k dps on a 3 mil with relequen and veldireth. that DPS will only improve with higher uptime so i am pleased.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great change, since I only used it v. zergs in PvP anyway. ZOS really has no idea how op that change will be, but its even better the forums don't.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    450 weapon damage is prettier number but the heal is 378 instead of 380 :D
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's there to think? They buffed it. End of story.

I use it on my stamsorc, even though i never play that character anymore. Will give it a try again next patch just to see how much better Briarheart performs.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Briarheart on my Stam Sorc as well ... looking forward to trying it out.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a solid buff. It will give you move time to be offensive since you heal with more crits, though I think it will limit its usage to daulwield for extra crit chance modifiers than bow, S&B, or 2H. You can try to pair it with crit sets or use crit traits. I think I will swap my spriggon for it next patch and give it a go. I personal like the dmg buff they give it. Now it feel like it is on bar with other dmg sets.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already a good set. With this change it's now one of the best.

Pair it with Leviathan set or new moon acolyte and kragh monster
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be dumb to not have this on a stamsorc.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am more in love with this set.
    I already use it in PVP and PVE. In PVP i combined this with troll king and I rarely use vigor. I can afford to take the forward momentum morph.
  • Kinetiks
    Kinetiks
    ✭✭
    Yep I am considering replacing Spriggans with this, and running it with Deadly Strikes in NoCP
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not big on sets that have to proc for me to get my weapon damage, but if i did run this, I would backbar it with bow all the way. Increased crit on bow bar from bow passives, poison inject/light attack till it procs, then go to town. You could front bar 2 piece agility or potentates, or front bar a damage set like NMA and have 2 piece agility/potentates up on both bars.

(Edit: For PvP)
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on February 25, 2020 8:46PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is stellar on both Stamsorc and Stamplar. I play the latter, and once I saw the incoming changes was rather excited.

I had intended on holding out a set of truth a day or so before the PTS notes came out. Glad I waited, and opted to go for Briarheart instead.

Right now on live, the amount of healing I'm getting when jabbing into a crowd is pretty insane to be honest. I was using most of last patch with good results even with the lower 10% proc rate. It's always had great synergy with jabs. Now with 25% proc rate, it's nearly always proccing on my first jab.

All in all, would recommend to any Stamplar Stamsorc. (Hurricane alone is a great reason to frontbar this set)
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not big on sets that have to proc for me to get my weapon damage, but if i did run this, I would backbar it with bow all the way. Increased crit on bow bar from bow passives, poison inject/light attack till it procs, then go to town. You could front bar 2 piece agility or potentates, or front bar a damage set like NMA and have 2 piece agility/potentates up on both bars.

(Edit: For PvP)

I've found it works great with a Master's Bow bow, then Briarheart on the other. I Power of the Light, poison inject (procing infused weapon damage), crit rush (might proc Briarheart), then jabs which nearly always procs Briarheart. Especially with poison inject ticking, and LA weaves. Think I have 53% crit chance, so I'd say I have good control over it. I'd compare it to a weaker clever alche, but with more uptime and added healing.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giljabrar wrote: »
    This set is stellar on both Stamsorc and Stamplar. I play the latter, and once I saw the incoming changes was rather excited.

I had intended on holding out a set of truth a day or so before the PTS notes came out. Glad I waited, and opted to go for Briarheart instead.

Right now on live, the amount of healing I'm getting when jabbing into a crowd is pretty insane to be honest. I was using most of last patch with good results even with the lower 10% proc rate. It's always had great synergy with jabs. Now with 25% proc rate, it's nearly always proccing on my first jab.

All in all, would recommend to any Stamplar Stamsorc. (Hurricane alone is a great reason to frontbar this set)

You're right.

You could back bar this like i said, but you would miss out on the healing this set can provide.

This could be alot of fun on a heavy armor brawler build.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right.

You could back bar this like i said, but you would miss out on the healing this set can provide.

Wait, maybe not.

I just read the wording on the set, and it appears you could back bar it and get the healing too. Can anyone confirm if the healing comes from the buff it gives you and not the 5 piece bonus itself?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use DOT - heavy build, when you have a lot of dmg over time, this set might be useful. Also, you can buff the heal with CP. However I don't see this being good in PvP. Healing is reduced by 50% so this set will go down from 378 -> 189

Overall I like the changes.

Edit: I was thinking of trying to use this set on my WW build (just out of curiosity, ww is trash anyway) but I kinda think it may synergise well with WW Berserker bleed dot & Claws of live. Also... can this set be proced by another dmg dealing set ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 27, 2020 5:54PM
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭

You're right.

This could be alot of fun on a heavy armor brawler build. [/quote]

The healing you get on crits is a buff effect you recieve for 10 seconds, so healing applies on any bar as long as you crit when this effect is procced.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're right.

The healing you get on crits is a buff effect you recieve for 10 seconds, so healing applies on any bar as long as you crit when this effect is procced.

[/quote]

Cool, back bar all the way.