The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BRP duel wield over tuned?

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
On demand major protection for a little cost is ok,.
Pirate skeleton with rng 8% chance nerfed for being to strong???
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

I don’t see anything wrong with squishier classes being able to compete with tankier ones through using an item. Nerfing it will hit stamsorcs hardest.

All the cost reduction will do is allow mag classes to use it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason BRP dual wield stays as it is and why pirate skeleton got nerfed is because of the possibilities the different sets give you. BRP dual wield major protection only lasts 3 seconds when you use blade cloak, this means its little time to heal up while its active and to deal damage while its active.

Pirate skeleton used to be the best defensive monster set for some builds resulting in them waiting it for proc then having 10 seconds to both heal and deal damage to the other player. Having more mitigation than the other player while trading blows results in the non-pirate skeleton user to go defensively first since they take more damage which makes the one using pirate skeleton getting the upper hand.

You simply cant cast blade cloak and use the next 3 seconds to deal enough damage to kill players (maximum 1 bar swap and 3-4 abilities with no cast time if you use every gcd).

It is also hard to reach high uptimes on major protection with BRP dual wield becuase you dont really recast it ever 3 seconds but rather when you know you will take alot of damage or if you are low health. This usually results in a total 20-25% uptime if you use it actively while pirate skeleton was able to easily reach 50-70% uptime with no effort.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is overtuned and that's why vast majority of non-NB stamina is with S&B back bar. Players simply don't want to abuse something which is OP...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    The reason BRP dual wield stays as it is and why pirate skeleton got nerfed is because of the possibilities the different sets give you. BRP dual wield major protection only lasts 3 seconds when you use blade cloak, this means its little time to heal up while its active and to deal damage while its active.

Pirate skeleton used to be the best defensive monster set for some builds resulting in them waiting it for proc then having 10 seconds to both heal and deal damage to the other player. Having more mitigation than the other player while trading blows results in the non-pirate skeleton user to go defensively first since they take more damage which makes the one using pirate skeleton getting the upper hand.

You simply cant cast blade cloak and use the next 3 seconds to deal enough damage to kill players (maximum 1 bar swap and 3-4 abilities with no cast time if you use every gcd).

It is also hard to reach high uptimes on major protection with BRP dual wield becuase you dont really recast it ever 3 seconds but rather when you know you will take alot of damage or if you are low health. This usually results in a total 20-25% uptime if you use it actively while pirate skeleton was able to easily reach 50-70% uptime with no effort.

More like pirate smelly was used predominantly by mag and stam whined about it.

Most of the times when people whine about something being a ‘carry set’ or overtuned they’re whining about something they don’t want to use or can’t do:

Proc sets = I go for max stats so wouldn’t use it, and already have burst so don’t need it.
    Defensive sets = I play a tanky class and like having my advantage, if other classes can be as tanky as me it erodes why I chose my class
    High Healing = I play tanky with onslaught in a spec with good defense and healing, please nerf everyone else so I can kill people because if I don’t during onslaught I’m pretty much useless

Most opinions on the forums are about trying to convince people to play in a way the person knows they’ll win against
    Edited by Iskiab on February 22, 2020 4:20PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think for me it's the on demand, when you need it major protection , when your getting hammered.
    Pirate was longer proc but still rng and had minor defile attached.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is overtuned and that's why vast majority of non-NB stamina is with S&B back bar. Players simply don't want to abuse something which is OP...

Eh, I’m in SnB backbar because vBRP DW is banned from any decent group’s dueling rules and I prefer to 1vX in the same setup I duel in.

Also I haven’t done brp yet... but mostly the first thing :)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Eh, I’m in SnB backbar because vBRP DW is banned from any decent group’s dueling rules and I prefer to 1vX in the same setup I duel in.

Also I haven’t done brp yet... but mostly the first thing :)

For 1v1 BRP is OP against templars and nightblades imo.. but it is not that good against magsorcs. And imo magsorcs are most dangerous enemy and nothing cuts magsorc damage like S&B block. Also S&B ultimate is great while DW ultimate is like... not existent.
    And in outnumbered situations (and solo players are outnumbered like 80% of the time) we pay for block cost only 2 times per second no matter how many hits arrived... while major protection is only 30% (in comparison to 60-70% of S&B mitigation) and consumes comparable resources+GCD.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not overtuned, this set is a good escape tool for builds that dont use speed increasing skills.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Most of the times when people whine about something being a ‘carry set’ or overtuned they’re whining about something they don’t want to use or can’t do:

Proc sets = I go for max stats so wouldn’t use it, and already have burst so don’t need it.
    Defensive sets = I play a tanky class and like having my advantage, if other classes can be as tanky as me it erodes why I chose my class
    High Healing = I play tanky with onslaught in a spec with good defense and healing, please nerf everyone else so I can kill people because if I don’t during onslaught I’m pretty much useless

Most opinions on the forums are about trying to convince people to play in a way the person knows they’ll win against

Every stam build used it too lmao. It was absolutely a carry set, do you not see the issue with a 2 pc set giving 80% uptime on major protection?
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    % damage reduction is a very dumb mechanic and why stamcros are currently OP. BRP should be changed to phys/spell resistance similiar/equal to that of S&B and then it will be balanced. Anyone who tells you differently is probably just trying to abuse the set themselves and doesn't want their op *** taken away. Stamsorc needs a buff in general and should not be the reason BRP is nerfed.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is, but people that use it will never admit it. I've been complaining about it since the PTS it was introduced on, but I guess a build that can tank entire faction needs to be shown before ZOS takes action. Already found some that can tank 40 reliably, 50 but you eventually die, but on those aren't even a real tank and you can still push damage.

How ZOS thinks that is balanced is beyond me, but hey...the forums...

Thank god everyone thinks its healing and not damage reduction that is the problem. Phew, I was almost sweating for the future.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only people who primarily play stamina would think so black and white about damage reduction %s.

Yea... let’s change everything to armour instead damage reduction %s. That way we can make sure light armour is made useless and my onslaught ultimate will have maximum effect.

Some stamina might have worn pirate smelly but it was primarily mag, most stam still wore bloodspawn. The uptime was also never 80%.

So basicly you guys are saying the complaints were from the people wearing the set because everyone was including stam? Please, what a load of crap.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 23, 2020 12:13PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course it is. Only a matter of time before it gets nerfed.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is related to playstyle. Pirate skeleton is universal set that can go with everything, while daulwield BRP is tide to a specific skill line and ability. You can equip BRP daulwield but you can't benefit from it unless you actively use cloak while pirate skeleton is passive activation. Also, you are stick with using daulwields BRP means you sacrifice other weapons like sword and shield, 2H, destro...etc to gain the major protection. Pirate skeleton fits with all weapons of choice and no scrifices needed. Either way, I never used any of these 2 sets but I'm trying to acquire the daulwield BRP for more surivivability.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRP Dualwield = Biggest carry in the game.

Gives stamina the game's most potent tank buff combo in a 2piece (able to 1 bar), when even one (major protection) of those buffs was deemed so powerful that it got nerfed into the ground (steadfast hero) or attached with serious downsides (pirate). The buffs can be controlled and spammed (opposed to both steadfast to AND pirate)

Allows stamina to go for 3 damage sets in medium armor without sacrificing anything, stacking not only damage to absurd values but also self healing in addition to having unlimited access to those tank buffs - so stamina can run around pretending they play glascannon (lmao), while calling mag players who dare wearing one defensive set "no damage tanks" and claiming we have a magicka meta to make sure they can crutch it up forever.

But hey, lets nerf steadfast hero (a set that actually has tank stats and therefore tradeoff), right? Brillant balancing job!
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on February 23, 2020 5:33PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its a stupid OP set.

Yes I use it and apparently so does 50% of stam classes on my server.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not class specific and anyone can use it, if u haven’t got it get it while the event is on. Equip it and see for your self if it is better than snb or master bow, because I tell you for a lot of players it’s not
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not class specific and anyone can use it, if u haven’t got it get it while the event is on. Equip it and see for your self if it is better than snb or master bow, because I tell you for a lot of players it’s not

I mean just because its not hard to get and available to all classes doesnt mean its not strong.

Availability has nothing to do with balance.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MBBOWOLVERINE
    MBBOWOLVERINE
    ✭✭
    Yh it's pretty broken tbh
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Cloak deals damage (enabler for other sets and proc conditions) major evasion, major expedition and major protection on activation. Surely this falls in line with ZoS call of "does way too much". Blackrose DW is simply too good no doubt about it.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on February 24, 2020 2:49AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering the protection buff is very short it becomes very expensive. Also, that is one GCD that the player is not on the offensive which is another cost. Just putting things into the correct perspective.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the mind set that all major and minor buffs/debuffs should be looked at with a sweeping balance standard and after which, sets like this should be monitored.

Currently, there is at least 6 different combinations they're using for their minor/major system.

5%/15%
    • Aegis
    • Slayer
    8%/25%
    • Berserk
    • Mending
    10%/20%
    • Endurance
    • Fortitude
    • Intellect
    • Sorcery
    • Brutality
    10%/25%
    • Evasion
    8%/30%
    • Vitality
    • Protection
    • Vulnerability
    10%/15%
    • Force
    10%/30%
    • Expedition
    15%/30%
    • Maim
    • Defile

Just why? These numbers seem to be a bi-product of balance changes across years since release. These are really just numbers at the end of the day, there is very little reason to have this many different ratios between the minor/major buffs.

Simply make them all 10%/20%.

Outliers that can remain the same, Slayer/Aegis, Prophecy/Savagery, Fracture/Breach/Resolve, Gallop and lastly special poison related debuffs like Uncertainty and Evervation.

This would heavily nerf sources of defense/debuffs in the game which are much easier to obtain and stronger vs sources of damage. When ZOS rebalanced CP, they made the decision to have equal counters to damage and mitigation options, equal options, equal damage. The same should hold true here. Simplifying these numbers is also in line with their last year of combat balancing with a focus on simplifying the math behind the sets and abilities.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 26, 2020 1:19AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    It is, but people that use it will never admit it. I've been complaining about it since the PTS it was introduced on, but I guess a build that can tank entire faction needs to be shown before ZOS takes action. Already found some that can tank 40 reliably, 50 but you eventually die, but on those aren't even a real tank and you can still push damage.

How ZOS thinks that is balanced is beyond me, but hey...the forums...

Thank god everyone thinks its healing and not damage reduction that is the problem. Phew, I was almost sweating for the future.

Both could be the problem (mitigation and healing) but what is the best solution?

Start tinkering with mitigation AND damage but leaving healing as is were you can burst heal 20k (?) and run 3-4 hots giving 15k /s of heals?

Obviously if you cut heals and give more people access to defile people will start dropping even if tanky to the extreme.

Ive seen tanks with emperor having 68k hp and the Cyro hammer using heroic pots. These guys fight 40 ppl and push the 40 ppl zerg. It has been done.

Lower healing and this guy will get defiled and then 10000 ants doing 1 dmg each will simply 1 shot him without his heals taking him from 1% to 100%.

/edit

Edit nobody wanna die in 2 spells doing 15k dmg each..so mitigation has to stay since people who build for damage do a ton of damage right now.

When you run into some fresh cp 160 in questinable gear you litterally melt them, thats cus they have no mitigation. Ive hit people with dizzy for 15k dmg etc. (7800 wep dmg stamcro^^)
    Edited by Sneakers on February 26, 2020 1:32PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a med build stamDK, and i tried this set, double golden mace.

i'd rather spam damage skills than blade cloak every 3 sec.

how is this set OP?

sure its a nice getaway skill, but still a far cry from other classes (like Sorc's)

does it need to be matched with another set or sth? using Spriggan/NMA/Plague Slinger/Bloodspawn/TK, etc...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its way too strong imo

PC EU
    PvP only
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Every stam build used it too lmao. It was absolutely a carry set, do you not see the issue with a 2 pc set giving 80% uptime on major protection?

Isn’t duel wield BRP a 2 pc set giving you a 100% on demand major protection? Sounds like a carry set, too. At least Pirate Skelly at the time had a Minor Defile that was unpurgeable. So many players liked to overlook the unpurgeable part, though.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

where do you get the 80% from?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Hey, he must have been using it because everyone was right? Not at all suspicious since he has no idea what the uptime was in a best case scenario.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, he must have been using it because everyone was right? Not at all suspicious since he has no idea what the uptime was in a best case scenario.

i dont see a lot of DW runnin around PC NA either.

i am using it now, trying to get comfortable and see how far i can get in a 2H/DW setup. maybe im not doing it right to use this skill...
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

12/15 = 0.8

Yeah damn straight I was using it. Why wouldn't I when it gave 2 pc bonus in the 1 pc and it gave 80% uptime in major protection (auto procs too without needing to do anything). Imagine if there was a monster set which gave 2 pen bonuses in the 1 pc and 80% uptime on major berserk. People like you would be screeching for it to be nerfed.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.