The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Daily Murkmire quest buggerd or what

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm about to lose it and smash something.
I'm doing grave subject matter quest. I've been running around the delve like a complete idiot staring at "collect ancient bones 4/5" and "collect ancient bones 1/2" in the quest tracker. The highlighted area doesn't have anything.
Is this crap bugged?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 4, 2022 12:39PM
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, it happened to me, got fed up, quit, logged in the next day and went to complete it, surprise surprise it appeared, so I think it's a glitch, another one.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That happened to me yesterday. I figured the items didn't spawn so I left the dungeon.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The items seem to move around. And they are in stupid hard to find areas. You're not the only one to get annoyed by it. The murkmire delve dailies are tedious in my opinion.

• Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue, check the corners of the room for skeletons, my quest marker was appearing and disappearing, so annoying. The square room with an altar in the centre (with a bone on) had an unmarked skeleton in the right-hand corner. If that makes any sense. It might not help as I think they spawn in differing locations though. But I'm having the same issue with a lot of the quests where the markers shimmer in and out of existence.
    PC EU & NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The marker for valid old bones can reappear later on a skeleton that you have previously checked. Just keep going around in the room/area indicated by the highlight on the map.
    This quest used to be borked if you were in a group and someone else with the quest went ahead and looted bones when you were not in the vicinity, but the bones do seem to respawn after a while now. Worst case, relog.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just encountered this bug. Solo.

And Murkmire has been out for how long now?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the skeletons are in the area marked on the map, but the quest arrows above them are broken. So you will find the last 2 of them just by walking around in the marked room.

When you stand directly in front of them, the marker above them reappears and you can use the skelettons.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out the friggin skeleton to the right side when you enter the room (I think) has its quest marker disappear from certain (most) angles. That's bizzarely effing annoying.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The third room, last circle on map, once you enter, go to the brazier on the right, there is a skeleton lying on the wall in the corner and the marker only shows up when you are very near.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's probably the one I am talking about.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the skeletons are in the area marked on the map, but the quest arrows above them are broken. So you will find the last 2 of them just by walking around in the marked room.

When you stand directly in front of them, the marker above them reappears and you can use the skelettons.

I'm not missing two. Like the OP I'm missing one.

And the quest markers for the ones I picked up weren't broken and didn't just appear when I neared the skeletons. They were just like any other marker.

Three circles appeared on the map initially.

The first circle cleared when I picked up its bone.

The second two haven't. One of those shows 1/2. The other shows 0/2.

I have 4 bones in my inventory. That doesn't add up, does it?

https://imgur.com/UTdWEaq

https://imgur.com/4TorIry

https://imgur.com/vOkldsz

I hung around for a while. They didn't respawn. Logged out and back in. Nope. Logged out for an hour and came back. Still not there.

Bugged as hell. No wonder they gave Murkmire away for free initially.

Running an event with buggy *** like this is a great way to recruit new players!
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I'm about to lose it and smash something.
    I'm doing grave subject matter quest. I've been running around the delve like a complete idiot staring at "collect ancient bones 4/5" and "collect ancient bones 1/2" in the quest tracker. The highlighted area doesn't have anything.
    Is this crap bugged?

That quest has been bugged for like, forever. Quit it and start again. Drop the quest then go pick it up again, make sure to speak with the folk in the town you need to etc.

I have had exactly the same issue, running around aimlessly until I realised it was just bugged.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That quest has been bugged for like, forever. Quit it and start again. Drop the quest then go pick it up again, make sure to speak with the folk in the town you need to etc.

I have had exactly the same issue, running around aimlessly until I realised it was just bugged.

I'm inclined to think it's just not worth the effort.

The delves aren't especially close to wayshrines and obviously the quest could bug again, wasting even more of my time.

I'll just drop this now and always immediately drop this quest when I get it again.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I'm not missing two. Like the OP I'm missing one.

And the quest markers for the ones I picked up weren't broken and didn't just appear when I neared the skeletons. They were just like any other marker.

Three circles appeared on the map initially.

The first circle cleared when I picked up its bone.

The second two haven't. One of those shows 1/2. The other shows 0/2.

I have 4 bones in my inventory. That doesn't add up, does it?

https://imgur.com/UTdWEaq

https://imgur.com/4TorIry

https://imgur.com/vOkldsz

I hung around for a while. They didn't respawn. Logged out and back in. Nope. Logged out for an hour and came back. Still not there.

Bugged as hell. No wonder they gave Murkmire away for free initially.

Running an event with buggy *** like this is a great way to recruit new players!

Sometimes it is one, sometimes two.

I initially thought like you, so I abandonned the quest and restarted it.
    Meanwhile I have done it several times (do dailies with 10 toons), and find the missing bone(s) ALWAYS in the chamber that is marked with the big circle on the map.
    You can gnore interface errors, just go to that room, walk in every edge until you find a skeleton. At least for me that method worked out well several times meanwhile.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »

I'm inclined to think it's just not worth the effort.

The delves aren't especially close to wayshrines and obviously the quest could bug again, wasting even more of my time.

I'll just drop this now and always immediately drop this quest when I get it again.

Thats exactly what I do when I am running content in Mirkmire. I just got too fed up. That said, with the latest Mirkmire event I have gone back and done it a couple of times now and it hasnt bugged, despite my expecting it to! And I sprinted around the delve really quite fast, when from memory I had it in my mind it took ages (in comparison to some other delvs)... but I think that perception was clouded by its buggyness.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can gnore interface errors, just go to that room, walk in every edge until you find a skeleton. At least for me that method worked out well several times meanwhile.

No.

You're wrong.

I killed everything and looked in every nook and cranny of those rooms. Multiple times.

Nada.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or what
    PC EU
  • Depoorter92
    And The weight of words quest has the same problem. Can't find the last fragment in the marked area.. And when you get a quest from Tuwul you have to travel outside the village to see the area of the quest. If you're still with Tuwul it shows a wrong location….
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one quest, not a daily, where you have to find clues or evidence for an Argonian whose ancestor tricked an Imperial legion or whatever, and one of the clues is very difficult to find, but it's there if you keep looking. Quest markers that don't show up until you get within a certain distance of them within a blue circle can be very frustrating when you're having trouble finding them, but once you do find them you feel a greater sense of accomplishment-- at least, I do. It's more interesting than a quest where, for instance, you're supposed to follow a trail of clues to discover where they lead and each clue is marked by a quest marker that tells you exactly where to go from a long way away.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    very low range on the 'actual' makers and they are often obsuired from 'plain' sight

Only way to do it is map the known locations

Gravestake placement - 1 or more are not even in the marked area!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    The third room, last circle on map, once you enter, go to the brazier on the right, there is a skeleton lying on the wall in the corner and the marker only shows up when you are very near.

Thank you ! Spent ages trying to find it !
    PC/EU DC
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found it--it's in the big room, OUTSIDE the circle, top right corner behind a tree.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Rinthetharmo
    Rinthetharmo
    ✭✭✭
    One of them are near imposible to find because it doesnt show up with the marker untill ur right on top of it, ive abanadoned these dailies many times so far, at first because i thought it was bugged and now because i just dont want to spend the time on something that doesnt get fixed. It is there tho, its just bugging out- still :(
  • fugalism
    fugalism
    Soul Shriven
    IThe square room with an altar in the centre (with a bone on) had an unmarked skeleton in the right-hand corner. If that makes any sense.

Thank you, the last skeleton was located in that spot for me too. Quest marker didn't appear until I was standing right next to it...

• Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely off-topic but I do love it when you can tell somone's country of origin simply by their turn of phrase. :)
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest still broken, just did try to do it and stuck at 4/5 bones.

Note to the mods: Do not close the thread saying too old, it's still valid. The thread being 1.5 years old just shows that you guys haven't fixed the bug since 1.5 years.
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    July 2022, still broken.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very old bug. The quest marker for the final bones may only appear when you stumble upon them. However, the bones do appear, so look around the room for skeletal remains. I know that place's dark and sometimes you have to interact with a simple skull instead of a full skeleton, but that's the workaround.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now three years old, we have decided to close this thread. If you still need help or the report a similar issue, please feel free to post in the Bug Report forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.