Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Necro Medium NoCP-BG Build

Maulkin
Maulkin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Putting together a Stam Necro build for BGs and need some ideas to bounce off you and get some feedback...

I think medium works better than heavy for sustain and damage, especially for a class that packs a lot damage mitigation off of skills and passives. I'm also getting a lot of armor from my racial choice (Nord) and monster helm of choice (Bloodspawn) to mitigate some of the loss of armour from not running heavy.

Buld Sets (6-1 Medium):
- Bloodspawn
- New Moon (body)
- Trappings (front)
- Potato Blessing (back)

7Grnne0.png
--> UESP Build Link <--

My questions really are:
1) Mundus: Should I run Tower (max stam) or Lover/Warrior
2) Food: Artaeum or Skulls. Artaeum has less max stats but stam sustain is slightly better
3) Pots: Tri-stat vs Wep Crit. The former gives better mag sustain but the latter gives crit on both bars and allows dropping of Camo Hunter and replacing it with either Stampede or Turn Undead.

I feel 2 and 3 are related. Artaeum requires tri-pots because mag is low and runs out quick forcing you into meditating more often. Skulls allow Wep Crit pots which free your flex spot from Camo Hunter and are significantly cheaper cause they don't need Columbine to make.

What does your experience tell you about this setup?
EU | PC | AD
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You got 1800 stam recovery. Mortal coil = 210 stam recovery. Necro pet passive = 200 stam recovery. Deep thoughts. Only 5 stam skills slotted.

With all that, why would you ever need a sustain set?

Your wep dmg is also too low. It's 2020, you should be aiming for 5k.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 21, 2020 3:24PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Why do you need a sustain set with 1800 stam recovery, mortal coil which adds 210 recovery, the necro passive that adds another 200 when a pet is up, and deep thoughts? Way overkill.

Because New Moon and because I don't want to be Meditating every 60 secs if I can avoid it. Up-time on Mortal Coil is iffy, It breaks often due to LOS and if I'm on the offensive I'm not looking for corpses drain. Which could be a L2P issue ofc, but I'm new to the class and I'd rather err on the side of over-sustaining while I'm learning the ropes.

Finally, the 1800 stam recovery you see there is with two stam regen glyphs and Major Endurance from the pots. The build allows tuning for more weapon dmg and less stam sustain by simply changing the jewellery enchants, as experience builds.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3.6K weapon damage buffed is quite low IMO. And New Moon Acolyte on back bar will dig into your sustain a bit. I have a similar build, the only difference being Bone Pirate instead of Trappings of Invigoration. I prefer constant recovery instead of a periodic boost, especially considering Necromancer passives are more conductive to the former.

What it actually looks like:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=199649

I was quite satisfied with it, I didn't even need Mortal Coil to sustain, so I ran some other skills on back bar: Turn Evil and Invasion - the latter is quite useful since Necromancer is quite a slow class and a gap closer helps. Especially when enemies are grouped: Blighted Blastbones->Turn Evil->Pestilent Colossus combo wrecks them pretty hard.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    3.6K weapon damage buffed is quite low IMO. And New Moon Acolyte on back bar will dig into your sustain a bit. I have a similar build, the only difference being Bone Pirate instead of Trappings of Invigoration. I prefer constant recovery instead of a periodic boost, especially considering Necromancer passives are more conductive to the former.

I was quite satisfied with it, I didn't even need Mortal Coil to sustain, so I ran some other skills on back bar: Turn Evil and Invasion - the latter is quite useful since Necromancer is quite a slow class and a gap closer helps. Especially when enemies are grouped: Blighted Blastbones->Turn Evil->Pestilent Colossus combo wrecks them pretty hard.

Thanks for the feedback and the build link. Let me explain my thought process...

The reason I chose Trappings over Bone Pirate is because is in BGs you don't benefit from CP boosting your regen and you don't benefit from things like Continuous Attack. If you don't run Turn Evil you don't have Minor Endurance either. There's hardly any boosts to your regen, other than Major Endurance from pots and maybe Battle Rush from 2H. In CP cyro, I would lean more towards flat regen bonus, like you.

Trappings 5-p bonus has 500 stam regen equivalency at 100% up-time (very unrealistic) and 250 stam regen at 50% (kinda realistic). Makes it superior for sustain to BP 150 regen in my book. Personally I like how it synergises with Meditation. If you're in combat, you get a big boost of stamina every 45" which is better than a trickle of stam regen when you're low and need to get skills off. If you're out of combat your regen is lower than BP for sure, but then you can Meditate.

And the other thing for me is you gotta run Dubious, which I don't like. You loose a lot on max stats compared to Sugar Skulls. Your built there has 8k magicka and your 2 mag buffs (Guardian and Armor) cost 7.3k without counting NMA. You buff up and your mag is down to almost 0. Then your mag regen barely covers the next Spirit Guardian cost after 16 secs meaning when your armor buff expires 20" into combat, you don't have enough mag left to replenish it. You start cutting corners with your defensive buffs or you're forced into tri-pots or meditation very early in the fight due to the small size of your pool. That's a problem for me.

I do appreciate that 3.6k weapon dmg buffed is kinda low like you said. I do think, as I mentioned to @MaxJrFTW, that I'll turn it up a notch when I get a better handle on the class.
    EU | PC | AD
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Tower? I would run Warrior probably. I wouldn't use Lover with Onslaught myself, but I would use a 2h mace over the GS (personal preference IMO).
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Thanks for the feedback and the build link. Let me explain my thought process...

The reason I chose Trappings over Bone Pirate is because is in BGs you don't benefit from CP boosting your regen and you don't benefit from things like Continuous Attack. If you don't run Turn Evil you don't have Minor Endurance either. There's hardly any boosts to your regen, other than Major Endurance from pots and maybe Battle Rush from 2H. In CP cyro, I would lean more towards flat regen bonus, like you.

Trappings 5-p bonus has 500 stam regen equivalency at 100% up-time (very unrealistic) and 250 stam regen at 50% (kinda realistic). Makes it superior for sustain to BP 150 regen in my book. Personally I like how it synergises with Meditation. If you're in combat, you get a big boost of stamina every 45" which is better than a trickle of stam regen when you're low and need to get skills off. If you're out of combat your regen is lower than BP for sure, but then you can Meditate.

And the other thing for me is you gotta run Dubious, which I don't like. You loose a lot on max stats compared to Sugar Skulls. Your built there has 8k magicka and your 2 mag buffs (Guardian and Armor) cost 7.3k without counting NMA. You buff up and your mag is down to almost 0. Then your mag regen barely covers the next Spirit Guardian cost after 16 secs meaning when your armor buff expires 20" into combat, you don't have enough mag left to replenish it. You start cutting corners with your defensive buffs or you're forced into tri-pots or meditation very early in the fight due to the small size of your pool. That's a problem for me.

I do appreciate that 3.6k weapon dmg buffed is kinda low like you said. I do think, as I mentioned to @MaxJrFTW, that I'll turn it up a notch when I get a better handle on the class.

If you're looking to run a recovery set, and you're concerned about not having the magicka for some mag skills, I would consider Battlefield Acrobat. It's super easy to acquire, and the cost reduction goes a long way. Obviously, it's good for your stam skills, but it will also help you cast mag skills more often. Furthermore, your roll dodge, block, and sprint are all cheaper. (This is particularly noticeable on roll dodge in NoCP when combined with medium armor passives) Lastly, you will get a major discount to your expensive ultimate, Colossus.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

6.5k effective weapon damage is absolutely solid. With onslaught, you 3.5k buffed wd is fine in no cp. Shoot for 5k unbuffed WD on a no cp build and you are either dead in 5 seconds or out of stam in 5 seconds or you kill a single target in 3 seconds.

However in my experience, guardian and summoner armor is absolutely easy to sustain without tri pots and 9k magicka pool assuming you are disciplined enough to not recast them too early. Necro has a few rebate options that help this. I'm not a fan of mortal cool personally. I would run sav pots, swap evil hunter for crit rush, remorph momentum to rally, and swap meditate for expunge and mortal coil to the corpse ult gain skill.
    Edited by exeeter702 on February 21, 2020 8:17PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could back bar trappings and keep nma front bar only. You could then keep potentates 2pc up all the time
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain is key on non-cp, I personally go with something very similar to what @Asardes posted, excepting skills on backbar. And as a @AMeanOne said, you can have the potentates on both bars.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    You could back bar trappings and keep nma front bar only. You could then keep potentates 2pc up all the time
    Sustain is key on non-cp, I personally go with something very similar to what @Asardes posted, excepting skills on backbar. And as a @AMeanOne said, you can have the potentates on both bars.

Thanks fellas.

I've thought about front-barring NMA, but worried my Vigor will lack oomph. I have a couple of gold potato rings from the midyear so I could give it a try.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks fellas.

I've thought about front-barring NMA, but worried my Vigor will lack oomph. I have a couple of gold potato rings from the midyear so I could give it a try.

Doesn't Vigor scale on every tick?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks fellas.

Resolving Vigor "remembers" the bar it is cast on sadly.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks fellas.

Then I will move it on the front bar and move blastbones on back bar. I think that one calculates damage at the moment it explodes, just like sorcerer curse.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • boomcat
    boomcat
    i would change necotic potency into that backbar instead of that coil. your toon changes towards the "corps" on casts, can make it pretty irritating in pvp.. plus necotic give life+ult.. so higher uptime on onslaught..

i use the same frontbar as you.

backbar is BRP dw, cloack instead of medi, necortic over coil, and i use goliath on backbar ult..

sets im using, heavy BS, head, shoulders, new moon and fury. if you get a goliath off with full fury stacks, you hitting like a train. i like it as a good defensive being outnumbered in BG´s
  • boomcat
    boomcat

Thanks fellas.

Then I will move it on the front bar and move blastbones on back bar. I think that one calculates damage at the moment it explodes, just like sorcerer curse.

you want blastbones to do max dmg.. so frontbar... plus u want the passive to get more crit on low hp targets.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want major evasion in there somewhere. Too strong mitigation to not have.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to use NMA and trappings of invigoration, use NMA frontbar and trappings of invigoration backbar with blessing of potentates jewelry, that way you keep your damage on your frontbar and get your stamina back while fighting and switching bars which you will condtantly do while taking 5% less damage.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

As in Elude or Shuffle? I could do that in place of Medidate if I find I don't need it. I'm just conscious of another buff to keep up. Armor, Guardian, Momentum, Elude, Siphon... it adds up.
    boomcat wrote: »
    you want blastbones to do max dmg.. so frontbar... plus u want the passive to get more crit on low hp targets.

If you swap to your frontbar before it hits the target it gets the buffs from the front bar. So you can go to your back and swap-cancel blastbones and it works fine.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re oversustaining pretty hard, I’d swap out meditate for something, root immunity is a big deal in BGs so RAT or evasion would be your best bet.

Even then you probably want to replace trappings.

Warrior heavily outperforms tower in co-cp.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You’re oversustaining pretty hard, I’d swap out meditate for something, root immunity is a big deal in BGs so RAT or evasion would be your best bet.

That's why I have Forward Momentum on my front bar :D

But yeah considering changing Tower for Warrior.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed that was Rally, a 16k burst heal is hard to let go of.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Forward Momentum isn't great anymore. You're better off with Shuffle. Major Evasion trumps Minor Endurance and you will spam FM more often than Shuffle completely offsetting the benefit of Minor Endurance in the first place.. The snare/immobilization immunity is 6s with your 6 Medium instead of 4s from FM.

Quick Cloak is a really nice option with BRP DW for Major Evasion, but it looks like you're doing potentates. Get your Major Protection from Deaden Pain, it still provides ult gen, just not as much as the other morph. Major Protection is way stronger imo.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2) Food: Artaeum or Skulls. Artaeum has less max stats but stam sustain is slightly better
    3) Pots: Tri-stat vs Wep Crit. The former gives better mag sustain but the latter gives crit on both bars and allows dropping of Camo Hunter and replacing it with either Stampede or Turn Undead.

I feel 2 and 3 are related. Artaeum requires tri-pots because mag is low and runs out quick forcing you into meditating more often. Skulls allow Wep Crit pots which free your flex spot from Camo Hunter and are significantly cheaper cause they don't need Columbine to make.

Sugar Skulls while great and cheap, has Max Magicka which you don't seem to need. You should be able to sustain the 2 Magicka Skills you have if you don't overcast them.

If eso-sets is correct:

Summoner Armor: 2700 Magicka every 20s = 135/s
    Spirit Guardian: 4320 * 0.85 (Armor ^) every 20s = 184/s

319 Magicka/s needs at least 638 magicka regen to sustain without eventually running dry, you are already at 500 or so with base stats. Having less sustain than drain is okay, because with a 10k pool it would take you about 72s to hit 0 at that level of drain. Obviously this is on paper, but it shows how long you could fight with so little regen.

Now add your passive into the mix. With Reusable Parts for -50% cost, Death Gleaning for +200 random magicka, and Undead Confederate for +200 Mag regen there is no reason you can't sustain that level of Magicka dump. Drop the sustain set and go with Dubious or Artaeum.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on February 24, 2020 11:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭

As in Elude or Shuffle? I could do that in place of Medidate if I find I don't need it. I'm just conscious of another buff to keep up. Armor, Guardian, Momentum, Elude, Siphon... it adds up.

If you go shuffle, then you can have rally instead of momentum. It can heal for a lot

This is my skill setup: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=215167
    I would go for dawnbreaker if I could fit major fracture somewhere
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wep damage is extremely low, but I use 6 offensive abilities. I also can do 2 million damage a game though :/

I would use deaden pain over Mortal coil , ANY DAY as nice as that spell looks when it comes down to the skinny ninny of PvP you are gonna be LoSing which breaks the tether it becomes a hassle and major protection/insane ult gen capabilities that still allow for maximum mobility and not having add basically another rebuff to your rotation is better (just use it literally every time you are not doing something else, dump mana on a armor rebuff to drop a corpse and farm ult while reposition).

Also 3% damage reduction from having it slotted when you are running Mender and potato ADDS up 10%+5%+3% and major prot at your disposal OR a spell with facing requirement that breaks itself on LoS whose effect while nice is just sustain and heal you already should have those. Oh yeah and you have Undo, do you really need all that damage reduction I'm not saying you don't but BGs there is no Runback it's actually ok to die if you are pouring out tons of pressure or affecting a push

Personally I would use beckon armor if using dizzy, it will pull people right into you you can wind a dizzy while the stun wears off since it is so short that people rarely break it, people that probably don't want to be there also it IS a stun that interrupts peoples combo's big time it's stressful to play against

Ur a necro bro, use that ults, lol clown form, MR PUMP cmon now those are the most broken things in the world.

It's a solid build, completely removed from how I play but I would never recommend my build to anyone lol
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd post after a couple of weeks of experience. Still pretty noobish but figuring things out slowly. The more I learned the better I sustained, but the more frustrated I got with the damage output.

So I made some changes and tweaked things upward in damage:
    • Out went Trappings, in came Fury.
    • Tower changed to Warrior.
    • Skulls changed to Arteum to
    • Dropped tri-pots and Camo hunter for Wep Crit pots
    • Added Shuffle and switch Momentum to Rally

This is close to the real stats without any Fury stacks. Add Fury stacks and you get more than 7k effective Weapon Damage

VyFPqEG.png
    - > Build Link <-

My total damage in BGs is still very low, because I think my sustained damage is low due to 0 DoTs or ranged damage. But my god, the burst damage is something else. I'm also still not fully used to Dizzy. It hits hard, but the winding up and targeting sucks balls.

Some extra observations from my experience so far:
    - I played with DBoS as well and I think it's a toss up between that Onslaught. Having a stun on the ultimate is pretty sweet.
    - Mortal Coil is great, the more I get used to it the less I rely on Medidate which could be changed for Archer or Bitter Harvest.
    - Surviveability with Rally is noticeably better than without.
    - I'm still slightly unconvinced by Fury, the stacks take a while to build and are 0 when you enter a fight with burst
    - I feel I'm missing speed buff or gap closer. But mostly speed buff.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steed stone best stone
  • Rokkar8
    Rokkar8
    ✭✭
    Some of the necro damage in bg matches dont show on the scoreboard. Mender heals aswell. Unless they changed ut.
    Edited by Rokkar8 on March 4, 2020 2:45PM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rokkar8 wrote: »
    Some of the necro damage in bg matches dont show on the scoreboard. Mender heals aswell. Unless they changed ut.

Yeah mender healing doesn't count towards healing done not sure if its the same with sorc pet heal. I also had cases where if Blastbones gets the final hit I received no credit towards the kill in both Cyro and BGs.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rokkar8 wrote: »

Yeah mender healing doesn't count towards healing done not sure if its the same with sorc pet heal. I also had cases where if Blastbones gets the final hit I received no credit towards the kill in both Cyro and BGs.

I think it does now. I mean I record some heals in BGs and my heal skills are Rally, Vigor and Mender. The first 2 are single target only, so it has to be the Mender surely.

Although yeah I'm highly suspicious of the damage being recorded. I certainly feel like I'm hitting fairly hard and get 10-15 kills, but at the end of the BG I'm at only 300k damage.
    EU | PC | AD