The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

cant log in because already logged in

GlorphNoldorin
GlorphNoldorin
✭✭✭✭✭
The last two days after having not been logged in overnight (exited the game the night before) I have get the message:
cant log in as you are already logged in.

Repeating 5 login attempts clears this and I can login.

anyone else seeing this?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than repeating 5 login attempts, wait for 30 seconds and then try.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Rather than repeating 5 login attempts, wait for 30 seconds and then try.

When i get it i just go away, get myself a cap of water or something, stretch my legs, come back after two minutes. Works every time.
    Edited by zvavi on February 17, 2020 1:18AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if on PC check task manager that ESO has stopped running, sometimes when you shut the game down it continues to run in the background
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You may need to just restart and wait for 15-20 minutes before logging in again. If the error message continues after doing so please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rioh
    Rioh
    ✭✭
    This error message pops up every time I am booted from the game during cyrodil primetime. Sometimes I simply walk past a populated keep and the server boots me -- I am not alone, this problem plagues ESO. Anyone that actually pvps in cyrodil during peak times is facing these issues.

Servers are potatoes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rioh wrote: »
    This error message pops up every time I am booted from the game during cyrodil primetime. Sometimes I simply walk past a populated keep and the server boots me -- I am not alone, this problem plagues ESO. Anyone that actually pvps in cyrodil during peak times is facing these issues.

They added a 30 second cooldown on the account after you get disconnected, and I assume that is for all disconnections, intentional or not. This is for some reason related to preventing the account from getting corrupted.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this error frequently on the first login attempt of the day. Today it took multiple tries and a client restart to get past the error. When is this going to be fixed to stop the error or at least give a meaningful message as to the real reason we can't login?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this error frequently on the first login attempt of the day. Today it took multiple tries and a client restart to get past the error. When is this going to be fixed to stop the error or at least give a meaningful message as to the real reason we can't login?

I agree about the message. That thought entered my head when they announced it. That message should have never seen the light of day. This is why they need to have me review stuff like this before they cast it in concrete. :smile:
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    Just had this happen twice this morning when trying to log in for the first time today. I've never seen it before in this circumstance - usually I see it after lagging out of Cyrodiil. Relieved (kind of) to see it's not just an issue with me. It's one of my least favorite error messages, because no, I'm not logged in, that's the problem! :o
    PC-NA