Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it against TOS to gamble in game with gold?

MentalxHammer
MentalxHammer
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it against terms of service to gamble in game with in game gold? Specifically for betting on duels?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    In game gold is yours to do as you'd like as long as your not selling it to gold buyers for real money you can do as youd like with it
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on February 21, 2020 4:43AM
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be rich considering there's gambling in the game
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade guilds have raffles to support getting a trader so I can't see anybody getting to bent out of shape wagering on a duel. If you are wagering millions of gold there might be an eyebrow raised.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idkkkk, I heard they were banning people for playing RGB. I didnt really believe it since it sounds absolutely INSANE and makes no sense, on top of being tyrannical for no good reason, but you never know with this company.

If anyone doesnt know what RGB is, Its basically a game people played earlier on in the game (better times) where one person would throw on engine guardian, everyone would place bets on which color would come out (Red Green or Blue) and then the player with EG on would cast abilities til the EG proc came, and whoever guessed right would win.

It used to be extremely popular, like you'd always see people playing in capitol cities. Idk why it fell off, as many things do. But regardless it would be insane for zos to ban people for gambling with gold so I hope its not.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    Idkkkk, I heard they were banning people for playing RGB. I didnt really believe it since it sounds absolutely INSANE and makes no sense, on top of being tyrannical for no good reason, but you never know with this company.

If anyone doesnt know what RGB is, Its basically a game people played earlier on in the game (better times) where one person would throw on engine guardian, everyone would place bets on which color would come out (Red Green or Blue) and then the player with EG on would cast abilities til the EG proc came, and whoever guessed right would win.

It used to be extremely popular, like you'd always see people playing in capitol cities. Idk why it fell off, as many things do. But regardless it would be insane for zos to ban people for gambling with gold so I hope its not.

I loved playing RGB when game 1st released yet i haven't see it for an long time now but then again the community has gotten so toxic that alot of old fun ways of getting to know other has left the game now its who can *** talk someone the best or scam the most gold from others
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on February 21, 2020 8:53AM
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really. Player generated surprise mechanics aren't against TOS.
    What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it against terms of service to gamble in game with in game gold? Specifically for betting on duels?

Technically no but technically yes.
    While not exclusively banned by the TOS there are mechanisms in there to allow them to ban for it should they choose.

They won't care until it becomes a problem. IIRC Eve Online had gambling sites shut down recently due to them finally having enough
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »

I've recently seen a similar game played with the kickball emote while waiting for trials to start, betting on whether or not you kick the ball or fall down, so RNG betting is still alive.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could just buy the Rock, Paper, Scissor emote...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need more things to gamble on, not less. Why isn’t there a competitive crafting speed Olympics? Horse races? How about a legit 1 on 1 arena.

In other news I live in New Jersey and gamble on everything so maybe I’m the wrong guy to suggest things.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting speed was...buffed. No more hitting the button hundreds of times.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Crafting speed was...buffed. No more hitting the button hundreds of times.

True ... but you can always say “first to craft an invisibility potion with speed” go! And then they would need to know the ingredients.

Or better yet, pick up all of the standard writs and see who can make them all in the shortest time in a loop around Stormhold. We can do this!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more things to gamble on, not less.
    I agree!

Oh, sure, if it was gambling with real money, or cash shop currency... that would be a different story, ZOS has the monopoly on that with their crown crates.

But... friendly wagers among players?
    Those can be fun and roleplay!

Okay, so maybe the engine guardian thing is a bit too awkward... I mean, having to spam stuff until the thing happens?
    It would be better if they made a memeto that generated a random "RGB" effect for less hassle!

But yeah, there ought to be more to gamble on, both with players, and against NPCs. It always vexed me that several quests became scenery backdrop after completion... I mean, they could have made a "gamble on outcome" thing on the skywatch frog races or bergama lizard races too, right? We do get it for the troll fights in reapers march after all...

And of course, there could be any number of tavern games! Two per tavern, one for two players, one played against a NPC "champion", and different ones in every tavern! Darts, boardgames, arm wrestling, cardgames, drinking contests, magical games, dancing competitions... the possibilities are vast! (And I can imagine a "win -number- tavern games" daily quest...)
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout

I wish I could give your post a dozen agrees.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thormar wrote: »
    Not really. Player generated surprise mechanics gambling isnt against TOS.

I had to fix that. Lets not humanize gambling

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Thormar wrote: »
    Not really. Player generated surprise mechanics gambling isnt against TOS.

I had to fix that. Lets not humanize gambling

So gambling is inhuman?
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    No different to say...betting on a frog race

Edited by sedi on February 21, 2020 7:52PM