The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deaden Pain... LOL

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
This ability is absolutely ridiculous, the uptime someone can get on major protection with this is a joke for literally 0 stat cost. Sources of major protection should be scarce or short, even dual wield brp requires a specific dual wield set and ability to give 3 seconds with a offensive back bar that is still inferior to plain old sword and board. Deaden pain can be used in conjunction with sword and board to turn a 3 damage set build in to a near unkillable tank. The 4 man stamnecro ult dumping tank squads will be the next blight on PvP thanks to the blastbones fix along with the synergy magnecro bombers next patch to make cyrodil an even more grindy slower tank meta than it already currently is and unless the colossus ult is nerfed (which is how ZOS flogs this class to PvE players) this needs to go.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deaden pain requires corpses to work and they are usually scarce unless the player in particular is focused around skills like spirit mender, skeletal mage, Blastbones and bone armor.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deaden pain requires corpses to work and they are usually scarce unless the player in particular is focused around skills like spirit mender, skeletal mage, Blastbones and bone armor.

Haha you mean the main damage ability, the armour buff and the 10% mitigation/heal pet? Those are literally run on every PvP necro, nice argument
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best case scenario; you wait for enemy NPCs to die then consume 6 corpses for 12 seconds of protection.

Most of the times; your Blastbone explodes every 3 seconds and you get 2 seconds of protection by spending 2 seconds of GCD

Worst case scenario; you already need your corpses for another skill, youre too busy running away from a zerg to turn back, cast a Blastbone and get the protection ( it has 12 meter radius so you cant move around freely)

In short the skill is working as intended for a 'stand-your-ground' type of class

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Best case scenario; you wait for enemy NPCs to die then consume 6 corpses for 12 seconds of protection.

Most of the times; your Blastbone explodes every 3 seconds and you get 2 seconds of protection by spending 2 seconds of GCD

Worst case scenario; you already need your corpses for another skill, youre too busy running away from a zerg to turn back, cast a Blastbone and get the protection ( it has 12 meter radius so you cant move around freely)

In short the skill is working as intended for a 'stand-your-ground' type of class

How often are you sprinting in a straight line with no cover around? Kiting is usually done in a tower or around a large tree or set of rocks, in which case you are passing around the same place in a continuous circle, giving you the chance to pass around it, plus you get guards, other pets and other people that die as a chance to use it, near a zerg I have gotten like 16 seconds of major protection with 2 procs of the ability, kind of makes pirate Skeleton look tame now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Issue with Necro is requiring a corpse. If you’re solo dueling someone the uptime on major protection will be really small. If someone’s running in group pvp corpses will be everywhere.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corpse mechanic is horribly clunky in pvp not sure why you'd be angry at Deaden Pain when Blackrose DW exists lol
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how they nerfed sources of major defile but not major protection. :/
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

They nerfed major defile from everything...... except necro! Which now has about a 50% uptime on pts with the blastbones fix
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate Skeleton and Steadfast Hero both say hello. It's really just the "Stamina only" source of Major Protection from BRP Dual Wield that dodged the nerf bat somehow.
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

They nerfed major defile from everything...... except necro! Which now has about a 50% uptime on pts with the blastbones fix
    ***Stamina*** Necromancer gets access to high-uptime Major Defile attached to a burst damage ability (and gets much easier access to Minor Defile as well). Unless something changes within the next few days, the Magicka Morph of Blastbones will basically be the same as the baseline, unmorphed skill for all practical purposes.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The people who dont even play necro/stamnecro dont really care if its actually balanced or not, they are chomping at the bit for nerfs to a class they see as competition. same deal with sorcs, remember when nerf sorc happened so often over and over it was a meme?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Pirate Skeleton and Steadfast Hero both say hello. It's really just the "Stamina only" source of Major Protection from BRP Dual Wield that dodged the nerf bat somehow.

Yeah they both said hello because they both still have major protection. Major defile was removed from a lot of things (except necro, a paid class go figure).

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah they both said hello because they both still have major protection. Major defile was removed from a lot of things (except necro, a paid class go figure).
    You said that sources of Major Protection weren't nerfed, though they very clearly were. When's the last time you saw someone actually wearing Pirate Skeleton? It'd make the set far more useful if they removed the Major Protection entirely and changed the effect to something else. Then perhaps we'd see defensive monster sets other than Bloodspawn (and maybe Chudan in a few cases) get some real use.

If you really think the Necromancer class is oh-so-wonderful (as opposed to Stamina Necromancer only, as I keep trying to explain to the uninformed), I invite you to go play a Magicka Necromancer in PvP against competent opposition. Then come back and tell us how you think the class was totally worth $40, given how badly you were crushing everyone.

PS
    BRP Dual Wield can give any Stamina build better uptime on Major Protection - 100% on demand - than Deaden Pain can do for a Magicka Necromancer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

How often are you sprinting in a straight line with no cover around? Kiting is usually done in a tower or around a large tree or set of rocks, in which case you are passing around the same place in a continuous circle, giving you the chance to pass around it, plus you get guards, other pets and other people that die as a chance to use it, near a zerg I have gotten like 16 seconds of major protection with 2 procs of the ability, kind of makes pirate Skeleton look tame now.

Don't do Cyrodiil
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should've seen it used with hunt leader (sustain from your pets) paired with steadfast hero before they extended the cooldown on steadfast. You could even run an arena weapon and back bar steadfast.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WITCH: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.

BEDEVERE: Well?

VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.

BEDEVERE: The nose?

VILLAGER #1: And the hat -- but she is a witch!

CROWD: Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her!

BEDEVERE: Did you dress her up like this?

CROWD: No, no... no... yes. Yes, yes, a bit, a bit.

VILLAGER #1: She has got a wart.

BEDEVERE: What makes you think she is a witch?

VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.

BEDEVERE: A newt?

VILLAGER #3: I got better.

VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!

CROWD: Burn! Burn her!
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You said that sources of Major Protection weren't nerfed, though they very clearly were. When's the last time you saw someone actually wearing Pirate Skeleton? It'd make the set far more useful if they removed the Major Protection entirely and changed the effect to something else. Then perhaps we'd see defensive monster sets other than Bloodspawn (and maybe Chudan in a few cases) get some real use.

If you really think the Necromancer class is oh-so-wonderful (as opposed to Stamina Necromancer only, as I keep trying to explain to the uninformed), I invite you to go play a Magicka Necromancer in PvP against competent opposition. Then come back and tell us how you think the class was totally worth $40, given how badly you were crushing everyone.

PS
    BRP Dual Wield can give any Stamina build better uptime on Major Protection - 100% on demand - than Deaden Pain can do for a Magicka Necromancer.

Ill take sword and board nearly 40% block cost mitigation over brp dual wield any day, sword and board has ransack, minor protection and major fracture for1k stam cost. Really complaining about magcro? 3x gold harmony is probably better than any 5 piece bonus to buff one ability