The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Necro: DW or 2H? (PVE)

Icy_Waffles
Icy_Waffles
✭✭✭✭✭
I have never really played end game stamina before besides some pvp builds, leveling, and a solo vma stamsorc (amazing at vma!)

I started to farm some stamina items for setup. Veli head and shoulders, Relequen body. Lokke weapons and jewelry. Masters bow.

Do you prefer duel wield or two handed for melee slot? Which is easier to learn as far as the rotation? Which is better?

I am obviously more accustomed to DW per my solo stam sorc, but I am having trouble getting lock one handed weapons so far. I have a one handed sword and a 2H axe.

I have some more farming to do, quite a bit more objectively, but I am just curious what others are finding.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DW is still better but 2H is pretty good. I think I read somewhere on one of these threads that DW works better on necros but I can't remember why.

My 2 cents, Lokke is worth getting if you are getting Perfected and if you are getting synergies. Otherwise, I would get AY (aka Berserking Warrior) from Hel Ra as I think it performs better in pugs and not coordinated groups. Regular Lokke is good, but nowhere near as good as Perfected or AY.

People hunt for both sets, but vet Hel Ra is easier than vet Sunspire. Plus, you can pug vet Hel Ra whereas pugging vet Sunspire is a waste of time.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think because of the execute in the crappy spammable two-hand would be better on necro and you have no sustain issues two hand works better on stamsorc for the same reasons
    Also with the execute and The Almost 100% crit from its passive again I think two hand pulls ahead people are still stuck in this dual wield is better crap when that is changed
    We also have to get away from this damages only viable on one monster at a time when cleave damage actually matters but nobody seems to give a crap about it or measure it cuz if everybody could only do single Target damage it would be pretty hard to pass a trial
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to farm AY. I have Locke jewelry and weapons.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see a difference between expectations and what happens in practice. Theoretically two hand looks like it should be an amazing choice, but after a couple hours practicing I just can't seem to hit the numbers I want.

The number of skills per minute drop off to 50 when I'm using two hand front bar, not counting detonating siphon since it activates between skills. Can't go any faster or I start to lose light attacks, which are an important chunk of the DPS since they're empowered by wrecking blow. The prime time lag seems to slow my rotation speed, but it gets faster during off-hours.

Dual wield on the other hand let's me speed through 55 skills per minute since there doesn't appear to be any delay before the light attacks register, and I guess that's the reason for hitting higher numbers. I could even miss something like 15% of those light attacks and it still pulls ahead of 2H by a bit. The downside is all the extra skills over time cost more stamina over time.

Bow weaving is the worst for me, with only 48 skills per minute during prime time.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a difference between expectations and what happens in practice. Theoretically two hand looks like it should be an amazing choice, but after a couple hours practicing I just can't seem to hit the numbers I want.

The number of skills per minute drop off to 50 when I'm using two hand front bar, not counting detonating siphon since it activates between skills. Can't go any faster or I start to lose light attacks, which are an important chunk of the DPS since they're empowered by wrecking blow. The prime time lag seems to slow my rotation speed, but it gets faster during off-hours.

Dual wield on the other hand let's me speed through 55 skills per minute since there doesn't appear to be any delay before the light attacks register, and I guess that's the reason for hitting higher numbers. I could even miss something like 15% of those light attacks and it still pulls ahead of 2H by a bit. The downside is all the extra skills over time cost more stamina over time.

Bow weaving is the worst for me, with only 48 skills per minute during prime time.

but you are practicing on a dummy though arent you? so you are completely ignoring cleave damage which is where 2h shines
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sort of sounds like “pick your poison” and farm so I have options. I still have to finish getting Relequen body pieces. Then I can start with 2H lokke veli and Relequen and go from there.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DW for single target fights, 2H for fights requiring cleave.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    DW for single target fights, 2H for fights requiring cleave.

Cleave meaning the 2H skill that can get morphed to brawler?
    Edited by Icy_Waffles on February 20, 2020 6:18PM