Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question for Trial guild leaders

PoseidonEvil
PoseidonEvil
✭✭✭
I was wondering if all end-game like Trial guilds have the same requirements for their assorted teams? i.e. if you have a core team, what do you require them to have accomplished in the game, ect ... ect …
In-game ID: alchelvly
Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No they are all different. Requirements are usually based around specific goals for the team.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a leader but in 3 trial guilds. All 3 have different requirements for DPS, tank, and healer. For the more serious one, you have to DPS test and submit screen shots of your numbers to one of the guild officers in order to run veteran trials. For the other two, its more of an availability thing coupled with an honor-system when it comes to competence and knowledge of mechanics. For all three, if the guild is doing a score run, in order to get on that team, you will have had to run a few veteran raids of whatever trial they are doing and shown you can handle it.

As for healers and tanks, in order to do vet content on the serious group, you have to test by solo tanking or solo healing something like vAA.

I wouldn't call any of these guilds the hard core elitist types, either. All are very social, but when it comes to vet content and score runs, nobody wants to waste their time.
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Not a leader but in 3 trial guilds. All 3 have different requirements for DPS, tank, and healer. For the more serious one, you have to DPS test and submit screen shots of your numbers to one of the guild officers in order to run veteran trials. For the other two, its more of an availability thing coupled with an honor-system when it comes to competence and knowledge of mechanics. For all three, if the guild is doing a score run, in order to get on that team, you will have had to run a few veteran raids of whatever trial they are doing and shown you can handle it.

As for healers and tanks, in order to do vet content on the serious group, you have to test by solo tanking or solo healing something like vAA.

I wouldn't call any of these guilds the hard core elitist types, either. All are very social, but when it comes to vet content and score runs, nobody wants to waste their time.

Nice, I am familiar with the dps submitting their numbers and what not, I have also been in a guild that had several different "teams" and in order to get on one you needed to have completed like all dcl dungeons and a few HM's .. I was just curious if that was just a thing they did or if all Trial guilds did something like that. Thanks for the input!
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a group twice a week now and have run a few over the years. The 'rules' and 'requirements' varied widely.

What I found though, is that even if you start with a loose set of 'rules' for the group (i.e. honor system / low req for dps #s, not really 'forcing' this set or that set on support) you'll just end up evolving to a more organized / optimized group in some time frame anyways.

As you run the harder content, the group tends to see the huge benefits in optimizing / organizing / synergizing better and your group will usually naturally progress towards the 'meta'. Maybe not full on 'meta' but you will move towards it. Tanks that are worried about dying / failing and go with 'selfish' setups will become more comfortable and move to more 'squishy' setups to buff / debuff more.

In my humble opinion, the more important things for a group are:
    1. Respect of and for each other in the group. Toxicity in group destroys progression faster than anything you will ever see.
    2. Respect of people's time. Showing up 30 minutes late is, in my opinion, just egregiously disrespectful to the eleven others that put the time aside to run. You are WASTING other people's time if you are late.
    3. Commitment. Progression can be a long endeavor. Your group must have patience. You are not going to walk into vMoL and clear day one or day two, you may not even clear in month 1.

Beyond this, learning to use this set or that skill or use this technique are all things that can be learned along the way assuming you have group that follow the fundamentals of just being a good person to those you run with.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice, I am familiar with the dps submitting their numbers and what not, I have also been in a guild that had several different "teams" and in order to get on one you needed to have completed like all dcl dungeons and a few HM's .. I was just curious if that was just a thing they did or if all Trial guilds did something like that. Thanks for the input!

I have heard of other guilds that have, shall we say, draconian requirements to get on their "A" team. Things you are mentioning like achievements and such. Most of those also require weekly to daily practice sessions and might levy penalties if you are not there. Plenty of elite guild horror stories out there.

Have only run with a super-serious guild (some might say "elitist") a handful of times, and those were only because another guildie needed some DPS players to rescue a failed raid. Got to say, wasn't that fun as everyone took it a little too seriously.

At the same time, the "more serious" guild I am in has a very good core team that I have run with a few times and they perform just as well as those others. I think as long as you keep the environment friendly, you can make any requirement you want.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First a good raid guild will have requirements to join and stay that are lower than thei raid team requirements. They do random group raids for weeklies and more and have training groups.

If the guild is large enough to field multiple teams each likely has their own reqs.

Also, it’s more than just dps. Being aware of mechanics and keeping up the dps while handling mechanics is important. Same with survival as a dead dps forces another dps to stop and rez.

There are guilds for all lvls
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been full leader but officer in several: casual, end-game but not competitive, and competitive guilds. It varies on goals, culture and guild player base imo.

Example:
    Mismash casual guild:
    Would run open vCrag's and nDLC's with an honor system requirement like completion of two base game vet 2 dungeon HMs.

competitive guild:
    Open runs with a set DPS requirement tailored to particular content and related or prior clear depending on goal (farm, score, achievement, etc.)
    For Core prog's usually known supports or run a test with them in a later HM dungeon. DPS requirements to suit the content with stepping stone prior clears.

non-competitive guild but does vDLC:
    Open runs with general beginner (1st timers) or intermediate (prior clear) days with posted general requirements. Sign-ups vote on trial. RL adjusts trial down if he/she thinks the voted one might not clear in the allotted time.
    For prog's: specific to each trial prog in which requirements vary and are individualized. Eg a player that is solid on mechs but has lower damage for whatever reason makes for and is usually ok being a reserve.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if all end-game like Trial guilds have the same requirements for their assorted teams? i.e. if you have a core team, what do you require them to have accomplished in the game, ect ... ect …

Each guild is different.

The trial guild I am in tends to run at least a couple of trials per evening, generally one veteran, one progression. Any number of other trials may get run on normal, for gear, for fun, to teach etc. Things are pretty relaxed.

Other guilds take matters way more serious.

• Jack_TheImpaler
    Jack_TheImpaler
    ✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, every guild has their own requirements and they may even change as the guild evolves.

For us we do have a hard DPS cap that players have to be hitting in order to run the trials to ensure the clear. Other than that, so long as you can survive and are willing to learn/listen you are are more than welcome to sign up to trials. We even had someone join us for a VHOF as his first ever vet trial clear just because he could do the dps.

'Experience' is nothing. People can buy skins but it does not make them a good player...