Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    @‌ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will you be making key binding setups stay the same for all characters in the future?

Also can we get a key binding to toggle our helms on or off. I like to keep mine on during fights but off for walking around cities.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • _FrostY_
    _FrostY_
    Great!

You started doing meintenances at proper times!
    Thank you, this is great!
    GIVE ME BACK MY SWEET ROLL!!! :s
  • Karox
    Karox
    ✭✭✭
    How about looking into missing explorers and Imperial edition items ??
    Ignoring tickets won't make the issue go away.
    Ignoring PM's won't make the issue go away.
    Ignoring requests for a phone call won't make the issue go away.
    Doing the above will certainly cost you subs though, and produce negative publicity, as unhappy customers are almost certainly going to *** louder than happy ones will cheer. The happy ones will be happily playing the game, where people like myself are getting so fed up with being ignored that turning the game on is becoming a chore rather than fun.
  • Karox
    Karox
    ✭✭✭
    Things that make me wonder if anyone at ZOS has any sense.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom said
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Unless that timer is no more than about 5 minutes what your saying is that those of us who are legitimately exploring these locations, for quests skyshards and zone achievements are going to get punished along with the bots and gold farmers ... good show. Another good way to drive away the paying customer?
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Hestia on April 18, 2014 6:13AM
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    And still nothing on the addition of Chat Bubbles..
  • stevar
    stevar
    ✭✭✭
    DibzBiz wrote: »
    money invested in imperial version of game.. 60 day game card.. money put into website and voice servers.. if i end up having to unsub cause they can't fix the aforementioned from my post.. i'm out some money bro.. that is so not cool.. even if i asked for a refund they prly would just ignore it.. I dunno.. I need help.. a fix.. something.. sigh..

Man, I totally ear you.
    Being stuck at VR1 after less than 2 weeks of play sucks. Dev should totally focus on fixing your issue before even looking at the issue of the masses of players who did not pass level 40 yet.
    I mean , a good 1% of the player base is at VR 1, so this should clearly be a priority, especially if this 1% has bought the imperial edition and paid 20$ more.

If they don t fix it, how would you ever achieve the highest level in the game before the 30 days of free pay ends and you have to unsub a sub that has not started yet?

;-)
    (thanks for giving me the opportunity to make a useless post while waiting for server patch to finish)
  • DirectorSCUD
    DirectorSCUD
    ✭✭
    This thread's first post could use an update, as some of the things mentioned are already live.
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    Changed the functionality of auto-stacking in guild banks. You will now have to stack items in your inventory before placing them in the guild bank.

I'm curious what the point of this is? I now have to withdraw an item from my bank slot, make sure it stacks in my inventory, and then put it back in my bank. This is now a 3 step process, instead of a 1 step process. Is there some good reason? Or are you just trying to get me to run out of banks slots sooner?
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    mlecho74 wrote: »
    Changed the functionality of auto-stacking in guild banks.

I'm curious what the point of this is?
    Was wondering about that one too.
    Only thing I can come up with is that they disabled all fancy database-magix on the bank to keep tha damn thing from randomly blowing up again on people.

We´ll see if it worked.

“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    And still nothing on the addition of Chat Bubbles..

because that's a minor concern, if you even call that a concern.

• Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Foxhunt wrote: »
    Vantor wrote: »
    You get blue tempers for deconstructing blues and green tempers from deconstructing greens. That's why I have NO purple tempers and the only yellow I got was from the hireling. I have my perk maxed out to get tempers about every other deconstructed item. You're telling me there is a faster way to get the tempers in bulk? What's that solution? Buying from other players?

You can still get green and blue tempers (maybe even higher ones but it hasn't happened to me yet) from refinement of any level material. Arguably, it might even be the best and fastest way to get them.
    Really? Out of all the deconstructing I've done on tons of items of various levels and colors, I have never gotten say a blue item from deconstructing a green item. Where are you getting this from? Or am I understanding wrong?

You are understanding wrong. I don't mean Extraction. I mean Ore Refinement. I got a Purple from refining High Iron ore yesterday.
    EDIT: Forgot a detail... I haven't observed still multiple tempers dropping from a single refinement batch.

I haven't seen that happening yet either.
    Edited by Vantor on April 18, 2014 10:24AM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • rob.a.mcclellan_ESO
    rob.a.mcclellan_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Why can't you guys do 4 hour maintenance in the early morning/over night like most other MMOs. Doing it at 8am is just plain stupid and inconvenient to the people who are paying your salaries. There is a reason all other AAA games do it early early morning.
  • Renuvasb14_ESO
    Name Plates as an option please.
  • robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, not a fan of the current decision to perform NA maintenance at 8am (eastern) on Fridays.
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭
    Well, the patch or whatever they did, mostly broke the game up even more and fixed literally nothing. Nice.
  • BJbama
    BJbama
    Holly batman, are the servers down every day? And wth is with 5+ hours of down time every time you bring the servers down?
    Edited by BJbama on April 18, 2014 1:04PM
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donarion wrote: »
    Really happy to hear about the dungeon boss nerf. This really needs to be addressed. Hopefully the timer is 24 hrs and essentially these just become a "daily" instead of the absolute cluster it's become.

It says "shared timer" - if all bosses had a shared timer of 24 hours, then you would only be able to do one public dungeon per day. That would really suck.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I fully grasp all angles of the dungeon-boss-timer-grinding-etc. etc. but as a first time MMO player, I was caught off guard last night when I returned to a lower level map to finish out some dungeons and do some exploring.

If it's the first time I've been to a location on a map, I feel like I should get treasure and stuff regardless of my character's level. Based on some other reading it appears that I'm "over-leveled" and not allowed to collect loot. Maybe that flag should be tied to areas I have completed/not completed instead of my character level. As I said in another thread: If it's black on the map, I want my treasure back!

What happened to the "sandbox" play?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • esoman
    esoman
    Is there an estimated time the north american megaserver will be back up?
    Edited by esoman on April 18, 2014 1:51PM
    "For the queen"
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    esoman wrote: »
    Is there an estimated time the north american megaserver will be back up?

Probably 4-5 hours since it went down.

Btw are the guildbanks up yet or...?

Edited by Vantor on April 18, 2014 2:08PM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • tjmaggotsb16_ESO
    Really pleased to see the boss timer IF Its not too long - around 5 mins across world would work although you could put a timer on repeating an individual dungeon for longer.

The addition I would like to see in a future patch relates to notification emails following a sale -
    Cant you please include the item sold.. "Sold 20 iron for 'x' gold" for example
  • srozell
    srozell

Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

No where does this state you were planning on changing the auto-stacking functionality in the bank. I already spend too much time in inventory management. This makes it WAY worse.
  • khanjob14_ESO
    khanjob14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    can I please use the guild bank with less than 10 members? There can't honestly be any good reason to prevent a small group of friends from sharing crafting mats in a space that doesn't murder our inventory and private bank capacity.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to build on the comment about guild banks. As guild leader of Serpents of Ebonheart (shameless plug), I would like to see guild bank space as soon as a guild is formed. I'm just brainstorming here, but what if:

Guild master immediately has 1 slot in guild bank upon formation of guild. (Only one to deter players from forming guilds just for extra bank space.) As membership grows, space is expanded. It's fairly easy to get a couple of people you know in your guild, so the low numbers should not be very exciting so as to deter abuse. Here's what I'm thinking:

Membership / Bank Space
    1 / 1
    2 / 5
    3 / 10
    4 / 20
    5 / 50
    6 / 100
    7 / 200
    8 / 300
    9 / 400
    10 / 500
    10+ / Opportunity to buy additional space

This still gets you to the 500 at 10 members, but it allows the "start ups" swap a few items too.

Anybody else think this might work?
    Edited by Giraffon on April 18, 2014 7:47PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Fozee
    Fozee
    ✭✭
    srozell wrote: »
    No where does this state you were planning on changing the auto-stacking functionality in the bank. I already spend too much time in inventory management. This makes it WAY worse.
    I don't know what you want, they had to stop an exploit from happening. It's way faster to temporarily disable a feature than to work on a code fix while allowing people to exploit millions of gold.
    BioWare Moderator
    Ex Warhammer Online Moderation Lead
    Terrorsquid Extraordinaire
  • BETAOPTICS
    BETAOPTICS
    ✭✭
    irre_greg wrote: »
    I want to build on the comment about guild banks. As guild leader of Serpents of Ebonheart (shameless plug), I would like to see guild bank space as soon as a guild is formed. I'm just brainstorming here, but what if:

Guild master immediately has 1 slot in guild bank upon formation of guild. (Only one to deter players from forming guilds just for extra bank space.) As membership grows, space is expanded. It's fairly easy to get a couple of people you know in your guild, so the low numbers should not be very exciting so as to deter abuse. Here's what I'm thinking:

Membership / Bank Space
    1 / 1
    2 / 5
    3 / 10
    4 / 20
    5 / 50
    6 / 100
    7 / 200
    8 / 300
    9 / 400
    10 / 500

This still gets you to the 500 at 10 members, but it allows the "start ups" swap a few items too.

Why not just let space buyable at all member counts while it can also increased by getting more members. I personally would like to have one guild for me and my friends that play this game, which is 4 and I want to have that one private guild for us to mess around with while we all are members of bigger guilds.

What is shame in that is that we can't get more bank storage space since there isn't enough of us and bank space would be needed thanks to the highly limited space the players have.
  • Divayith
    Divayith
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to say to the ZOS team, Ive been playing pretty much all day today and yesterday, and have not gotten a single gold seller guild invite, or in-game mail. Even if it only lasts a few days I have got to say thank you and good job.
  • APerfidiousDane
    Woohoo! Get rid of the stupid bots and farmers in the public dungeons! It's about time.
  • patrikblb16_ESO
    patrikblb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    irre_greg wrote: »

Membership / Bank Space
    1 / 1
    2 / 5
    3 / 10
    4 / 20
    5 / 50
    6 / 100
    7 / 200
    8 / 300
    9 / 400
    10 / 500

This will do the opposite of what you said you wanted.
    The current solution in-game gives you 0 space until you have 10 members wich is there to prevent people from making guilds for storage purposes only.