Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Tabards Be Worn in PvP/PvX Guild in PvP. That Represents Certain Alliance?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
My guild, “Beyond The Fiery Darkness, is mostly a PvX Guild. I originally wanted my Guild to be PvP Guild. But my Guild is open to all alliances. As for being open alliance, I feel it’s hindering me. Guild is 6 months old and completely dying.

Least till certain someone showed up on my alliance couple days ago. I bring this up, due to fact I wish my guild will be tied to certain certain alliance with my Guild. But yet only affect group and still be open alliance guild. But with group only tied to PvP events only. (I’ve tried PvE events many times. No one seem interested, hence guild was dying for 6 months) Since I wanted my group invite me certain alliance.

I wonder if I should require guild tabard. Least to represent the Guild on certain alliance in PvP. I, however originally wanted guild tabard to be optional. But 6 months, I keep thinking I should enforce wear tabard for certain alliance. Mainly due to couple days ago, saw this new DC group guild in PvP. It begs to differ and keep wondering is it time to enforce my group to wear tabard?

I’m just tired in sense, representing my guild by myself. Sure Beyond The Fiery Darkness, is in fact real guild. (Mostly different alliances, not one I’m on) since guards have tabard. At same time I feel if they (my group) don’t have a guild. Then yes I should enforce Guild Tabard; unless they in different Guild and they wish to advertise that guild. In which that is fine and all right with me. In honestly since my guild is so small I usually go group with another guild, while I advertised my guild same time by self.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.

Should Tabards Be Worn in PvP/PvX Guild in PvP. That Represents Certain Alliance? 7 votes

For PvP Group Only, yes Wear Tabard on certain alliance,
28%
SpiderCultistNevidyra 2 votes
For PvP Group Only, Optional to wear tabard if in different guild.
0%
For PvP Group Only Yes: different reason.
14%
DBZVelena 1 vote
For PvP Group Only No.
28%
Freakin_HyttezECHO 2 votes
For PvP Group Only, Optional, just because
0%
More than one/Other choice(s)
28%
Jimmy_The_Fixerdazee 2 votes
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't like being forced to do anything. If you really want to put your guild under the ground, start forcing as many rules on them as you can.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when you start to tell ppl what they can and can not wear or how they must play your on a very fast track to an empty guild
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like this is a question you should put to your guild members rather than random forum goers.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    People don't like being forced to do anything. If you really want to put your guild under the ground, start forcing as many rules on them as you can.
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Hi, thanks. Reason I ask is other 3 guilds I in are also PvP based. 2 reds and 1 AD. Obviously, I’m on red side where other 2 PvP guilds are. All 3 PvP guilds are mandatory, minus my own. It literally says to wear guild tabards when in group. But 1 made an exception since I’m literally advertising my Guild. But I do agree with all. I don’t want force anyone nor want anyone to feel that they should wear tabard for groups. I want group be relaxed as possible (input word I’m trying think of) But guild is way to relaxed. Which goes to, no offense and no offense taken...

Seems like this is a question you should put to your guild members rather than random forum goers.

I tried similar things with guildies. I tried PlayStation Guild community. I also tried message individually. I tried even want do Facebook guild community, that was literally 3 days ago. I tried PvE/PvP events over the course of 6 months.

This is exactly why my guild is really dying. No one is interested in writing me anything. Including writing me back. I don’t like blaming my guildies. In reality it’s part there fault and part my fault. I don’t know how to communicate without forcing anyone. Communication is the key, yet people are leaving. Hence why I feel forced to write here instead. Since my guildies don’t wish to write me back. To me that’s unfair on my part.

But even though my other guilds I in are “mostly mandatory, for example that semi 1 guild group) I don’t want force anyone. Not for gold and especially tabard. In conclusion I feel I’m giving up and this probably be end of my guild. Like the other 9 times I’ve given up over course of 5+ years being guild leader. Communication is key But not if others refuse to message guild leader. But I’m glad in last resort, this whole tabard think, I’m honestly relieved of.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on February 12, 2020 12:14AM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of that will save your guild. Your PvP guild may be dying simply because PvP is no longer really fun anymore. Between bugs, crashing, obviously broken skills left alone for too long (vampire drain essence), patches that aim to "balance" things and introduce even more broken sets that upend the game, and an increasingly smaller and smaller build viability in PvP every patch, people are simply not having fun like they used to.

Someone mentioned that no one likes being told what to do when playing a game, but ZOS is doing exactly that when they push out patches that completely ruin builds people have either been using for years or is far from "OP" like ZOS might claim under justification for such changes.

If you want to really energize your guild or do something to attract attention, then you have to do something wild and maybe a bit too trolly. Like a guild of all sorcs streaking and negating a massive ball down the hill or into keep, a guild run full of hybrid builds, PvE events in a PvP guild, etc. whatever you think is fun.

Part of the main reason why these guilds die IMO is that they are focused on winning too much and not fun. Focus on fun first and maybe things will improve...

Even though the game direction overall...
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild tabards cover up my orcs magnificent bosom.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More than one/Other choice(s)
    Depends on the group.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that some tabards act as the most OP PVP taunt :D
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a PVP guild, you need to recruit PVP players and state when you are recruiting that your guild is a PVP guild.

If you want it in a certain alliance and not cross alliance, recruit in that alliance PVP zone and say you are X faction only and no cross faction allowed.

Dont recruit mostly PVE players if you dont want to be PVX or PVE.

Schedule raid nights a few nights a week where your group up and go out into Cyrodiil to PVP.
    I would recommend against making it every night because sometimes people just do want to do something different.

You can ask that your members either wear your tabard during these group events or no tabard at all.
    Most reasonable people would understand you not wanting other tabards during your group events.
    Edited by Katahdin on February 19, 2020 6:47AM
    Beta tester November 2013