The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When did this get changed because it needs to be reverted now!!!

SillyGT
SillyGT
✭✭✭✭
It’s actually ridiculous that I have to make a post about this. I have gotten so many unnecessary deaths from fall damage that actually make no sense it’s mind blowing. There have been countless time where I drop off of something to line of sight front my enemies and take 15k fall damage and die. Then a few minutes later I go back to the exact same spot and jump off and literally take no damage at all, my heath bar doesn’t even move not even in the slightest. But minutes before I die to it and it makes actually no sense! The other day I was in a corner tower inside of a castle, and we all know how the stairs look to go to second floor. One flight of stairs then a flat ground and then it turns and then a few more steps. Then you are on the second floor. I was kiting people around to line of sight and I’m on the middle ground flat ground of the steps right where the steps bend. And I died to 9k fall damage!!!! Like hello????? How??? Why??? I literally went back to see what would happen if I did it again because I couldn’t believe it and I jumped off the same spot this time and my health bar didn’t move at all. If I can jump off a third story home keep and survive with a little bit of health left why am I dying to fall damage just because I didn’t take the steps? Why do you take like 70% more fall damage while fighting players in cyrodiil??? It literally make no sense I’ve had this happen to me daily and it actually mind blowing. Honestly I can say this happens at least twice a day for the last like month and half. Why did this get changed and this needs to be looked at immediately because it actually makes no sense. I want a zos developer to please comment back and discuss this issue that I’m having. Why am I taking about 70% more fall damage in combat in cyrodiil???
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help I've fallen and I can't get up! Sorry didn't mean to sound con"descending" Perhaps the devs can provide us a "step by step" guide on how this will be corrected.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on February 13, 2020 6:20PM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the float down bug you fixed in summerset Zos. Yeah totally agree with this fall damage assessment, it's BS.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard somewhere that it has to do with hang time. I often feel like lag effects this as well.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Life Alert coming to a crown store near you
    Edited by XIIICaesar on February 14, 2020 11:59PM
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I fall this far in game I diegiphy.gif
    Edited by mustangmorgan31 on February 15, 2020 12:02AM
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    . I want a zos developer to please comment back and discuss this issue that I’m having. Why am I taking about 70% more fall damage in combat in cyrodiil???

LOL, Your going to be waiting a very, very long time for that. Devs never pop in to discuss anything. You got to go to an IRL event if you want to chat. If your lucky enough they might throw a comment or post out every now and again but don't hold your breath

I've noticed fall damage is inconsistent. When you jump from high and take no damage at all it's most likely a bug but in general, the scaling of damage vs height seems almost random at times.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be a contrarian, why do people expect not to die when they jump off things?

It doesn’t take falling that much to cause a real injury in real life.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    did you buy the no fall damage dlc?

soon™ in a clown store near you.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on February 15, 2020 2:23AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Just to be a contrarian, why do people expect not to die when they jump off things?

Its not really about whether it should or shouldn't. Its about consistency. At least thats what I took from the OP.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    It’s actually ridiculous that I have to make a post about this. I have gotten so many unnecessary deaths from fall damage that actually make no sense it’s mind blowing. There have been countless time where I drop off of something to line of sight front my enemies and take 15k fall damage and die. Then a few minutes later I go back to the exact same spot and jump off and literally take no damage at all, my heath bar doesn’t even move not even in the slightest. But minutes before I die to it and it makes actually no sense! The other day I was in a corner tower inside of a castle, and we all know how the stairs look to go to second floor. One flight of stairs then a flat ground and then it turns and then a few more steps. Then you are on the second floor. I was kiting people around to line of sight and I’m on the middle ground flat ground of the steps right where the steps bend. And I died to 9k fall damage!!!! Like hello????? How??? Why??? I literally went back to see what would happen if I did it again because I couldn’t believe it and I jumped off the same spot this time and my health bar didn’t move at all. If I can jump off a third story home keep and survive with a little bit of health left why am I dying to fall damage just because I didn’t take the steps? Why do you take like 70% more fall damage while fighting players in cyrodiil??? It literally make no sense I’ve had this happen to me daily and it actually mind blowing. Honestly I can say this happens at least twice a day for the last like month and half. Why did this get changed and this needs to be looked at immediately because it actually makes no sense. I want a zos developer to please comment back and discuss this issue that I’m having. Why am I taking about 70% more fall damage in combat in cyrodiil???

Well when you literally play for 20 of the 24 hours in a day, everyday, you tend to come across absurdity more than most gamers.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 15, 2020 4:45AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A twisted ankle is a “far” cry from death.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps roll a Bosmer.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#Parkourlifematters