The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heavy pet vs fire sorc

Stealthk80
Stealthk80
✭✭
Hi, so I played pc for a while, got to 590 CP and that was over a year ago. Started again a few months ago on xbox, so I was a pet sorc initially, until this week, I have the bsw set and sorrows, and I seem to be absolutely melting mobs in dungeons including bosses, everything I've read says the builds are similar (lightning necro/sorrow) vs (bsw and sorrow) but I notice a big change, like night and day
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets got a little nerfed recently compared to their non-pet cousins. Pets with necro/MS are still strong, but the BSW/MS is now better. MS is almost a universally used magic set now.

Wait until you get a set of False Gods to pair with MS. Its Vicious Ophidian for magic and it is ridiculous. Running that with Spell Strat on a new MagDK in PVE. Its preposterous
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you were using a heavy attack rotation before that is probably the largest factor for the big jump
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Lightning heavy attack pet Sorcs are very vocal about how good the build is, but Light Attack double Inferno builds perform much better. I would recommend pulling builds from esologs.com, where you can see how well they work on various bosses.
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Ye definate difference, things just melt vs the pet build, for info I was using necro/ms, for the inferno build I'm bsw/ms almost fully golded
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as major nerfs since you last played:

Daedric Prey had its pet damage bonus lowered. More importantly, Twilight Matriarch got a huuuge damage nerf, but not Twilight Tormentor (at least, not as much). So make sure to use the Tormentor morph if your goal is DPS

Edit: fixed a word
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on February 24, 2020 7:48AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    As far as major nerfs since you last played:

Daedric Prey had its pet damage bonus lowered. More importantly, Twilight Matriarch got a huuuge damage nerf, but not Twilight Tormentor (at least, not as much). So make sure to use the Tormentor morph if your goal is DPS

Edit: fixed a word

Ye I'm using full dps morphs, stuff is kind of melting, just about to hit 600cp.