The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

My Guild has been screwed!

rustle911
rustle911
✭✭✭
So, a couple of weeks ago, Penetration Camp, was apparently reported to be a suggestive guild name. The problem here is that ZoS refuses to engage with our GM over the validity of the complaint. Considering some of the guild and player names that I've seen, how is it that a name that uses a term within the game's structure suddenly becomes illegal? The wonderful temporary guild name that ZoS has assigned us is "Skybirdsleaf". Customer support refuses to respond to my GM's e-mails or support tickets regarding a new name or reinstating the old name. Basically what they are doing is forcing him to create an entirely new guild. If you can't even take the time to properly adjudicate this stuff, stop policing it in the first place. Not to beat a dead horse, but I bet if it was a crown store issue this would've been resolved already.
@ZOS_Nith
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the guild name and the title of the post, I gotta say you may have deserved your PUN-inshment.
    :)
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but we're the kind of guild that likes to face things head on. Unfortunately we've been back doored hard in this one.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rustle911 wrote: »
    Yeah, but we're the kind of guild that likes to face things head on.

You are not helping your case much. I agree with Varanis that the PUN-isment seems deserved.

Regardless, We are not permitted to discuss in these forums administrative actions Zos has taken. It is to be taken up privately with them, which you say has been done. Since threads like this concerning character names are often closed I would expect the same here.

Also, Pretty sure any name that includes penetration will not be permitted.

@ZOS_BillE might be able to help.
  • rustle911
    rustle911
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You are not helping your case much. I agree with Varanis that the PUN-isment seems deserved.

Regardless, We are not permitted to discuss in these forums administrative actions Zos has taken. It is to be taken up privately with them, which you say has been done. Since threads like this concerning character names are often closed I would expect the same here.

So guild names that reference *** are all right and good, but a guild name that references an in game statistic is no bueno? Can I get a review here? Taking it up privately with ZoS is only possible if ZoS takes the time to actually engage. It's not like multiple attempts haven't been made. The whole point of bringing it to the forums is in the hopes that someone from ZoS will finally respond.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

So guild names that reference *** are all right and good, but a guild name that references an in game statistic is no bueno? Can I get a review here? Taking it up privately with ZoS is only possible if ZoS takes the time to actually engage. It's not like multiple attempts haven't been made. The whole point of bringing it to the forums is in the hopes that someone from ZoS will finally respond.

Not that I can tell what is hidden behind the asterisks but if you feel that guild name is inappropriate then report them. Also, I think most of us are old enough to see the double entendre with the use of that word which would explain Zos taking action. Trying to hide behind it being a it being a statistic in game when coupled with the word camp is very weak. At the very least you have not really tried to defend the meaning of the name.

As you can see, I tagged a member of Zos that often looks into these things if there is something to look into. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread mainly being focused on discussing disciplinary actions, which is against the Forum Rules, we're going to go ahead and close it down. Any appeals should be handled through a support ticket.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.