Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

cant pass the loading screen after selecting character

MrGspeed
MrGspeed
well this started to happen since two weeks ago

when its after around 4 pm CET i have login problems to my characters, game load fine until character selection but after choosing char it will load indefinitely sometimes choosing a rarely used char works but sometimes like today i cant login to any of them

i tried playing on different network and pc already also without any add ons and default settings, checked integrity of game files and etc
even went to my friend's place and tried on his pc still same result

any help really appreciated because this is really annoying
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    i also need to add meanwhile my second acc is working fine and i can login easily
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    still cant login to ANY of my characters
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MrGspeed

Thank you for providing the troubleshooting you've done so far to resolve this loading issue. Since you've replicated the loading problem on a different PC, we recommend submitting a ticket to customer support if you haven't already.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    well i did make a ticket already already but i got no response from your support
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    also i can login to my NA character just fine, yet none of my chars in EU server work and i get stuck in loading screen after selecting char
    Edited by MrGspeed on January 29, 2020 3:00PM
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    after 2 days i still cant login , and zos support is telling me to flush my dns cache and stuff like that while im getting same results on different PCs and different network in different places
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    well now 3 days and ZOS support is doing nothing

honestly what kind of company is this ?!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MrGspeed

Would you be able to provide us with your ticket number?

With the ticket we can check on what is currently going on.
    Staff Post
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    @ZOS_BillE

my ticket number is 200128-001673
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    so we are into 4th day since it started and all i got from your support is deleting add ons and things like that.

while i told support i already deleted all of add ons and whole eso folder in documents. the problem is only happening in EU server while i can log into NA fine. also other people can login from my PC fine

@ZOS_BillE did you check what is currently going on ?!
  • Rakvicka
    Rakvicka
    ✭✭
    It doesnt look like addons are cousing this, nor Steam, if it lets you login with your NA characters just fine. But fact that you waiting already almost a week for solution is crazy. Especially if you paying eso+ and now you simply cant use the time you payed for. Thats not right. Not to mention that you missing out on the event.
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    it is 5th day now and i still cant login

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP

can any of you please check what is going on !? since your support i snot answering me back with ticket system
  • Dev1Spec
    Dev1Spec
    Soul Shriven
    I've experienced the same problem few days ago, but fortunatly i was able to bypass loading screen in Cyro, this definitely not caused by addons or steam, cuz i was able to log with this acc on NA with no problem. As far as i know this issue is existing for at least 2 years already, and bumping a person for 5 days in a row from one tech support operator to another will not solve it.
    Hold on friend, hope for the best.
  • RamiroCruzo
    RamiroCruzo
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing to see this kind of negligence towards a member of VIP Club of ZOS. We can only guess how much value normal players hold when this is their behavior towards ones they recognize as important.

Everyday your team hits anew low in our views :D@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Having a light side... And a Dark side... Is what makes life interesting...
    High as Nord and Proud as Dark Elf
    Blood for the Pact
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    so this is 6th and still no proper answer from zos support, not even a "we are working on it"

yet yesterday i found another person that had this before , he is also like me , some who sends lots of crown store gifts so he told me that his problem went away after 14 days which is equal to number of days it takes for crown gifting history in game to get auto deleted by server

so im just asking to

1- please transfer this to your engineers so they can look into code and see why when gifting history is big we cant login anymore

2- at least tell me if you are working on my problem since i get no answer back from support
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MrGspeed

I've sent you a PM about your ticket and why there has been some delay from support.
    Staff Post
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    hey ok :(
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    so this is 8th day an di still cant login, lost most of event days and event tickets

and no reply from support , bille telling me to dont send more messages to tickets to stay in front of queue xD

honestly great job zos

:clap:
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Good Luck man.

I've been out of luck with the same symptoms you got since September 2018.
    Havent been able to play since... and Im not going to attempt a 100x to logon, just to get booted in 60 seconds.

On the upside, I've been enjoying World of Warcraft ever since and Blizzard have been dipping into my wallet ever since. At least it works.

I'd love to return to this game, but its been so long, I have lost the plot where I am with my characters/story... might as well just come back... like in a year... maybe 10... maybe never... we'll have to see.
    Edited by Korax on February 5, 2020 7:58AM
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    @Korax

did you have this problem on both NA and EU servers or just one of them ?!
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing on EU, I never tried NA. I'm likely too far from it to get a decent playing experience from there.
    My problems are exactly the same as yours on EU.

I dont belive this robot responses and BS that its your router or whatever.
    I find it interesting that ESO is the only "online" game that I cant play.

Everything else works just fine. And I'm not going to entertain nonsense stuff like changing ISP, or blaming my ISP or abuse my router to just MAYBE by chance have a slightly better experience... if any.

I'm from South Africa, you are probably not, yet we have the same problem and we are likely world apart with regards to internet technologies, routing, geolocation etc. What do we have in common? You know. ;)

Personally, and frankly speaking, the support givien here is 95% a PR excercise and 5% solving anything, if you are lucky.

Whenever I see a tech support post and the robot response going with it.. all I'm hearing is the sound of a can getting kicked down the road. And I'm saying this honestly as a ESO customer willing to spend and enjoy this game, but can't, and are driven to rather play something else that is for a lack of a better word: FUNCTIONAL GAMING SOFTWARE.
    Edited by Korax on February 5, 2020 4:31PM
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    @Korax so to confirm you are able to reach character selection screen but which ever you choose to play you get infinite loading screen to zone !? also is it 100 % of time or sometimes you do manage to login yet you get booted after some time ?
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    @MrGspeed

Well.. I'd say 60% of the time I get thrown to the logon screen trying to login.

When I do get to char select, I'd say 85% of the time I'm stuck on "requesting char" and on occasion I might be lucky to see the loading screen itself.

When I do get as far as seeing a loading screen 95% of the time I end up back at the login screen.

If I manage to hit the 5% jackpot actually seeing the gameworld, I might be able to stay in the world for maybe 60 seconds... maybe getting a basic creature or 3 killed and if I'm luck loot its junk.

To give an idea, to gain eligibility to obtain the bat pet took me an hour and a half.

...yet, I can login to WoW and play a solid game session of more than 7 hours without getting booted once.
    Problem on my side? definitely not.

This situation haven't improved 1 iota since September 2018.
    Edited by Korax on February 5, 2020 8:13PM
  • MrGspeed
    MrGspeed
    update : eso support finally managed to fix it the problem was gifting history but they guess its probably "thank you messages" that people add to gifts when they accept them