The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why isn't off-balance reverted?

MentalxHammer
MentalxHammer
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, it has been vocalized by an overwhelming number of players that the recent changes for off balance are not healthy for the game, and interfere with almost every class.

Every stam class using dizzying swing was impacted negatively. Numerous posts have been made stating that off balance combos have added a new and exciting element of gameplay for most players, this will no longer be a viable main cc with a small 7 second window every 22 seconds.

Many threads have been opened in multiple categories regarding the indirect nerf to flame lash, which makes an already underperforming morph (comparitably) now useless. I have mDK main friends that are so demoralized they are starting BDO accounts!

I have seen players voicing concerns regarding nightblade. As the only way to land an incap strike ult against a skilled opponent is through off balance combo's. The small 7s window to land this makes it too easy to counter the burst.

I have seen posts from players concerned with their magicka templars, saying that they intentionally invest into thaumaturge cp to unlock the exploiter passive yo make use of off balance from toppling charge.

If this change is to "buff" (nerf) dizzying swing than scrap it, no one wants it.

If this change was made to nerf Armor of Truth, then reduce the uptime on the set. Dont gut game mechanics.

This change is impacting the game negatively in numerous ways. There are few reasons to make this change in regards to combat balance. Please ZOS, I'm speaking for dozens and dozens of my friends in the community when I say,

Revert off balance,

Revert dizzying swing.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They RARELY listen to feedback....but three-six months down the line, they'll revert the changes and pretend nothing was wrong.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to sell Harrowstorm, with all this nerfs that major berserk set will be only way to have high enough damage. NMA (Dragonhold) + Unchained Aggressor (Harrowstorm). Back bar and monster helm up to you :D
    Though both sets are craftable and I'm sure Unchained will appear in guild houses within few days if not hours, but Bethesda was never good about marketing...
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason dizzy is so overcentralizing is that most other offensive options are just terrible. Killing offballance doesn’t change the fact the 1shot combos are the only way to kill people these days, it just means people are gonna wait longer between combos. Meanwhile mDK is getting shafted for no reason.

Just up DoT damage and reduce periodic healing and we’ll see more variety in offensive play styles without having to touch 2H.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if the thought process was consistent but now we’ve seen back to back to back changes to dizzy over the last three patches. goodness knows what the skill is gonna play like in six months.

Learning to use off balance was high level gameplay but the change feels arbitrary and unnecessary. Just more slot machine balancing.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 27, 2020 5:19PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember how ZOS wanted to change the DK class identity last patch? Now MagDK can ONLY be a viable DOT machine. No burst builds allowed. Also forget the good heal. Many players complained how MagDK has too much healing power (which in my opinion is necessary, since the class itself is designed to wilt the opponent down and survive long enough while doing so). That's what happens when too many CP101 StamNB glass builds scream "nerf". (Nothing against NBs of course. Not their fault, ZOS decided to throw their class in the toilet, flush it then smash the toilet with a nerf hammer).

Off balance is also gonna affect most 2H Stamina builds (looking at you StamSorc, StamDen, StamNecro.....)

It's a really bizarre change and completely unnecessary. I think I kinda agree with @MartiniDaniels , it wouldn't be the first time, ZOS destroys basic game mechanics that can be supplemented by Item Sets in a new Chapter/DLC.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go tank, or quit. This is the way.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Heard so many players in the community considering quitting. Such a shame for a patch that wasn't supposed to be centralized around "balance"...
  • ElvenVeil
    ElvenVeil
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Heard so many players in the community considering quitting. Such a shame for a patch that wasn't supposed to be centralized around "balance"...

pretty much. I have played this game for many years and never felt like I wanted to quit the game, but I am running out of options. The stuff I enjoyed playing is so bad now, and dizzy is the only semi-viable spamable atm (the damage nerf last patch was already unnecessary and made it feel so weak. high risk little reward kind of skill). If this is gone too, there isn't any play styles left that I can really enjoy .. I dont see myself having any other choice than to leave as well sadly :(
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS typically doesn't roll out big changes on week 1 of the PTS. Historically, the first patch is pretty minor. Which makes a certain amount of sense - not only does ZOS want a larger amount of PTS data for testing, but also any big changes are going to take time to implement for the coming weeks.

That is to say: keep testing, keep complaining, and keep pushing for answers if you want major changes to happen.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because outside of duels, it doesn’t matter
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    because outside of duels, it doesn’t matter

No bro it matters if someone can survive more than one rotation.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wrote a post about why dizzy is fine as it is live right now.
    Then I remembered that zos doesn't actually listen to their community and replaced it with this post.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the old CCs and get rid of this Nerfacolapyse.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because Zos wastes the second week of PTS without even bothering to revert the most absurd changes, be it an item bonus, ability, debuff/buff or any other feature. Always.
    The second week of PTS will always be time wasted.

That shows like nothing else that ESO is a casual story coop video game.
    Make your peace with it.

Personally I dont enjoy ESO (and dont play it currently) because it doesnt offer challenge and meaningful profression/accomplishment or a sense of a community shaping the world.
    However if my sweetheart decided to play video games, I'd bring her to ESO, have a wonderful time and never care for performance or mechanics and features again.

Because that's what eso is good for (no matter how it was introduced years ago). It's a large world with numerous EASY activities to do.

Accept it and let others fill the forums with light topics. The toxicity because of the divisions:
    10 classes
    8 weapons
    Stam/mag
    Cp/nocp
    PvE/PvP
    Challenge/story content
    and many many many more that most players selfishly and narrowly only focus on, doesnt generate any meaningful conversation on the balance of the game.

Would I like ESO to become a great combat game with enjoyable class playstyles? F.yes, because I love how my character the stamDK and the abilities of DK and DW look like (even though AC removes most of the visual pleasure of the VIDEO game).

Do the devs care/are allowed to work on those things? 5 years hasnt shown any of that.

Anyway. Just sticking around to read the final patche notes when a DLC comes along, logging to test the ping/performance of Cyrodiil and 9.5/10 I wont be happily surprised.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on January 29, 2020 2:27AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the first week. They never change anything on the first week. That's not new.

Just give constructive criticism if you want it tweaked before it's released on live. Right now a lot of people are reacting very strongly, a lot of these reactions were made just looking at the patch notes, without even logging in on the PTS.

I have to say I widely disagree with most of the complaints I read this patch. I think the change to off-balance *IS* healthy to the game, and the arguments I've seen against it absolutely didn't convince me, mainly because I'm a stamsorc playing PvP without Dizzy, and I can reliably stun someone when I need to, to set up my burst combos. So seeing people say it takes away the only decent stun my class has, among other things, feels very short sighted.

I have to say I totally agree with the DKs asking for Power Lash to change its proc condition. But as a core mechanic, off-balance shouldn't have an uptime higher than 33%. It should be an opportunity window to get a bonus stun, more damage and a resource return, not something you can use to freely get your target stunned on cooldown without investing in an actual stun, which dizzy currently isn't, it's a damage ability that happens to have a 2 parts stun attached to it.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!

Somebody from ZOS was spamming jabs when some dirty stamDK peasant made dizzy heavy attack stun into leap - executioner. Thus the changes, to off-balance, to dizzy and to leap.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to sell Harrowstorm, with all this nerfs that major berserk set will be only way to have high enough damage. NMA (Dragonhold) + Unchained Aggressor (Harrowstorm). Back bar and monster helm up to you :D
    Though both sets are craftable and I'm sure Unchained will appear in guild houses within few days if not hours, but Bethesda was never good about marketing...

37.5% uptime on the most powerful buff in game isn't OP. Not cc'ing your opponent isn't viable counterplay anymore than not attacking your opponent is viable Counterplay versus Fury

This makes TWO stamina sets with Major Berserk. Meanwhile magicka melee punishes people that attack them with uber strong sets like... Wizard's Riposte?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So we have to use molten whip now!?
    I use it anyway, but flame lash was literally only used in PvP...

Who is going to choose a heal every 22 secs over 3x the damage 😂
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

37.5% uptime on the most powerful buff in game isn't OP. Not cc'ing your opponent isn't viable counterplay anymore than not attacking your opponent is viable Counterplay versus Fury

This makes TWO stamina sets with Major Berserk. Meanwhile magicka melee punishes people that attack them with uber strong sets like... Wizard's Riposte?

Well, it's not "stamina set". A bit of max stamina and stam recovery is useful to many magicka builds. 4th bonus is dual SD/WD.
    This new set will reduce hard cc spam which is good thing imo. It might look fun when you play DK and use fossilize on cooldown, but when you are on receiving side this just feels dumb. (feedback from both sides :D )
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, it's not "stamina set". A bit of max stamina and stam recovery is useful to many magicka builds. 4th bonus is dual SD/WD.
    This new set will reduce hard cc spam which is good thing imo. It might look fun when you play DK and use fossilize on cooldown, but when you are on receiving side this just feels dumb. (feedback from both sides :D )

Flame lash dying is a much better incentive to not spam fossilize anymore. Using fossilize on cooldown for a high uptime on the flame lash hot was very nice. Dont think you should do so if you use molten Whip since you will want to actually set up a Whip leap Combo.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Flame lash dying is a much better incentive to not spam fossilize anymore. Using fossilize on cooldown for a high uptime on the flame lash hot was very nice. Dont think you should do so if you use molten Whip since you will want to actually set up a Whip leap Combo.

Ah, I spammed it on stamDK in no-CP on some builds where I had abundance of magicka. Good thing to keep magsorcs in check :trollface: also guarantees that in this de-synced game your noxious will hit the target.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flame Lash is dead if this goes. I was about to finish rerolling a new MagDK...no need now.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Off balance change is one of the worst changes introduced in the game IMO.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Off balance change is one of the worst changes introduced in the game IMO.

I agree, and it's a completely unnecessary change.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible change that only serves to further stall combat. Is their goal for literally nobody to die in PvP?

U26: entering any PvP zone now force equips the Pillow/Shield weapon on both bars. Blocking reduces 100% of incoming damage, and all healing abilities restore 100% of your health. Should one side outnumber the other by a ratio of at least 2:1, the game will politely inform you that you've earned the Survivor trophy and are being ported back to North Morrowind Gate, where you may claim a Crown Store coupon for 10% off all non-combat pets from Grand Warlord Zimmeron.
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta